IGNORED

Plaid Live + Broadcasts + Interviews

Guest CATS

If you are looking for the track at 7min from the Rote Fabrik DJ set it's Key Nell 4 by Gescom. I know cause I bought the CD a looong time ago.

• 2 weeks later...
yes they're all here, youre talkin about the same mix, yo ;)

i just wish i had the tracklisting for this....

Can anyone ID this -

?

Not that I'm particularly fond of it, just curious if it's an unknown or something I can't place!

Can anyone ID this -

?

Not that I'm particularly fond of it, just curious if it's an unknown or something I can't place!

it 's not an unknown, it definitely is "tak 2" from the great double figure ;)

that makes sense. also, what's up with the weird truncated version of zeal in that set? very unsatifsying!

sounds to me like their macs might've 'cut out', like they used to do every now and again at live shows years ago.

it used to happen quite regularly during the Spokes/Greedy Baby touring days, so they'd have a CD or something with random sounds/noises playing in the background to fill the silence for when it did happen. it usually only lasted several seconds so I reckon that's what could've happened here. possibly.

yes i ve also read that during the touring for Spokes, they sometimes had this problem. and on one interview, Ed says, it s best to keep your files defragmented to prevent this :/

+ I have managed to DL from original source and upload on YT, this Plaid interview that has already been posted here (i think)

so, enjoy:

m magazine meets Plaid

• 2 weeks later...

well i'm just hoping Gaylord Sweetwood's excitement finds its place and that he pees the excess of the serotonin he produces because of these unreleased Atypic/Balil ! :)

and also that Mr.Sirch can come up with a decent recording.

btw Sirch, if youre gonna record stuff, may i advise you to try it in advance? i mean, the settings on devices about volume leveling and noise reduction can be a bit tricky and vary greatly, between devices so it s best to try it first, on the device youre gonna record with??

oh and I have plenty of experience recording stuff with my little 70's Sony Dictaphone, onto mini cassette tapes, so don't worry plaided man!

I will then transfer it onto my laptop and split it into individual files @ 56kbps MP3, and then convert them to WAV for you. :wink:

Did anyone go?!

I didn't go meself. soz to anyone that was hoping for a recording. but, reading the pic above, at least Balil's set was mostly recorded and just might possibly be going up on da soundclouds..? hopefully

• 3 weeks later...

So no word on those Balil and Atypic sets eh? Would like to hear the new material of course, but as long as that material will be released eventually, then I am much more interested in hearing if they arranged their older tracks differently. I noticed a couple of other performers that night have their sets up on Soundcloud.

Perhaps their sets go back and forth between old and new, unlike their other set that Mr. Spencer shared with us? If so, maybe their older tracks could be cut out as standalones?

So no word on those Balil and Atypic sets eh? Would like to hear the new material of course, but as long as that material will be released eventually, then I am much more interested in hearing if they arranged their older tracks differently. I noticed a couple of other performers that night have their sets up on Soundcloud.

Perhaps their sets go back and forth between old and new, unlike their other set that Mr. Spencer shared with us? If so, maybe their older tracks could be cut out as standalones?

i asked him (Sean/Shaun Spencer) on facebook if he could share the rest of the Plaid/Atypic/Balil he has been recording,,,,,,,

but he hasnt even answered!!

:)

maybe i should ask again.

Edited by theplaided

edit: i wrote once again to dear Mr Spencer and he said that some material will be released soon on FB and Soundcloud. (apart from apologising for delayed answer)

butt!!!!!! tt!! the to-be-released material wont be "complete" cause he said they encountered technical problems while recording esp Andy's stuff.. he wrote, he got most of Ed's stuff, though...

so we keep an eye on his soundcloud while feeling sorry for Andy's work and drinking cause of that...

unfortunately I doubt you'll will find any new/unreleased material there. but maybe some DJ/Live edits of Balil/Atypic/older tracks... amongst others.

shame about Andy's set... but I guess that's what happens when you try to, errr, keep on top of things and in control and sensible at a new year's eve party on a boat on the Thames. :)

edit: mistakes/problems are bound to occur, is what I mean.

AH HA, there you are! Don't know if he ever happens to read this board, but nonetheless THANK YOU Mr. Spencer. Starting to listen to it now, and hearing the re-arrangement of Rat's Step is a good sign!

It also looks as if Plaid will be playing there again for the club's 1 year anniversary.

https://soundcloud.com/acell/plaid-live-dj-set-at-the-dodo

THANK YOU Mr. Spencer. Starting to listen to it now, and hearing the re-arrangement of Rat's Step is a good sign!

that's a re-arrangement of Atom TM's Remix of Rat's Step, i guess..

always love the Sweetwood font :)

me too! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is one of the most memorable interviews we have published with one of the artists that have had a huge impact, particularly on me for a variety of reasons, which some may find little objective due to their artistic nature, but is fair to express that British duo Plaid stand as one of the strongest pillars of modern electronic music, with a very extensive career that already spans 25 years since the release of their first works, and still as active as it was at the beginning.

Guest Paranoid

This is one of the most memorable interviews we have published with one of the artists that have had a huge impact, particularly on me for a variety of reasons, which some may find little objective due to their artistic nature, but is fair to express that British duo Plaid stand as one of the strongest pillars of modern electronic music, with a very extensive career that already spans 25 years since the release of their first works, and still as active as it was at the beginning.

It's also in spanish! / También está en español!