IGNORED

Plaid Live + Broadcasts + Interviews

Guest CATS

Guest sirch

If you look back to all their previous albums they're all quite different really, from Mbuki Mbuki, Black Dog Productions through to Plaids later albums. This has always been an exciting part about listening to Ed & Andys music for me. Because they can make just about any kind of electronic music you never quite know what your going to get - you just know it's going to be quality! They idea of these guys in the studio thinking of new ways of making music gives me something to get excited about too!

definitely mate. agreed.

and that's what i want to see next! :) a video/interview with them in the studio, making tracks, mixing, playing with synths and drum machines, whatever. that'd be really good to see!

tho i don't think they use the ol' Plaid Bubble studio anymore...? but maybe they have a new place, or individual home setups and send things back 'n forth... either way i'd love to see something like that.

do you remember an interview they did with Future Music magazine back in '99/2000?

there was some pics of them in the studio, with this massive (canvas painting i think) image of the Restproof Clockwork front cover artwork on the back wall behind their mixing desk.

every once in a while over the last few years i've tried to find that interview but can never find it anywhere...

An insight into how they go about making music in the studio would be a treat to see, but, there's still a part of me that thinks these musical techniques should remain with the artist.. i suppose a few brief shots of them in the studio wouldn't hurt or give too much away i don't reckon :) Not sure about Plaid Bubble or where they record their music nowadays.. bet they're pretty flexible considering the amount of live gigs they do. Would be nice to think they have a base like "Black Dog Towers" or Plaid Bubble, full of gear, records and banners they’ve collected over the years.

Think i’ve seen the Future Music interview at my old local record shop in 99.. bought loads of UK records including Restproof from there at the time. I‘d go to the shop at least once a week and spend a good hour looking through stuff and chatting to the guy who’d get the tunes in, he was well into Plaid, Ifach and Clear like me. Well, i’ve got something else to try and hunt down now.. sweet :)

• 2 months later...

nice on! th

New interview @ Cyclic Defrost. They are talking about the upcoming Tekkon Kinkreet concert in Australia. Also it seems that Scintilli will be 'a little less beaty'.

nice one! thanks! checking now...

Guys, feel free to hit me with some obnoxious emoticons if I'm missing something obvious here, but where is this "download manager" mention in the OP?

Somehow I never realized that there was a 1998-06-20 Peel Session until today, and I'm dying to find out what "Bennet 4 Track" and "Ed Funk" are!

Guest ruiagnelo

Somehow I never realized that there was a 1998-06-20 Peel Session until today, and I'm dying to find out what "Bennet 4 Track" and "Ed Funk" are!

neither did i!!

i need to get this!but where?

Guest ruiagnelo

Maybe the download manager, if it exists...

i have checked and it's not there. only the 99' sessions are there!

are you sure that there was really a peel session in 1998?

How do you check it?

Maybe they weren't happy with that session, it seems there's no information about it aside from the BBC site. I'd almost suspect it to be an error or a tracklist from another artist if not for Scoobs being listed.

I wasn't aware of this session, either! but it must be Plaid if Bennet, Ed, and Scoobs are mentioned. not a mistake.

damn, somebody needs to find those tracks!!!!!!!!

I think I found it.

30/6/98: recorded at Meltdown Festival, Queen Elizabeth Hall

Recorded20/6/98

Sounds like this was a broadcast of (part of?) a concert at something called the "Meltdown Festival". So, I searched for Plaid Meltdown festival and came up with this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jyednmdnjzu

(sound quality isn't great)

are you lookin for this?

th_442641350_peel_122_534lo.jpg

no. apparently, if you read what moonside said above, there was another one, a peel session? ..a recording of some sort, or something. but like the man said it's probably this live recording from the Meltdown Festival... that Radio 1 just covered and played out at the time in 98, like they do with Glastonbury and various other festivals.

cos there's the Benet track there,.. not sure which 1 was "Ed Funk" tho... maybe 'Little People' ?

it's a good set, anyhoo... and good to hear 'Prague Radio' live!

thanks a lot for this, moonside! you the man for finding this so quickly!!!!!! resspeck! :)

Edited by sirch

thanks a lot for this, moonside! you the man for finding this so quickly!!!!!! resspeck! :)

dude there is no live "Prague Radio" there,, what are you talking about? :S

dude there is no live "Prague Radio" there,, what are you talking about? :S

ah, woops! i meant 'Ladyburst', @ the 24:21 minute mark. - shit, i've always thought of that track as being 'Prague Radio' ! Lol

dunno what the track is before that. never heard that 1 before.

names. i'm no good with names. i never really look at or care much for track titles. so for some reason, somehow, for the last decade or so, i've thought of Ladyburst as being Prague Radio. lol. it's nothing to do with the music. i must've just looked at the wrong name one time... and got them mixed up. who knows. who cares. :)

names. i'm no good with names. i never really look at or care much for track titles. so for some reason, somehow, for the last decade or so, i've thought of Ladyburst as being Prague Radio. lol. it's nothing to do with the music. i must've just looked at the wrong name one time... and got them mixed up. who knows. who cares. :)

for a decade??!! dude, i should "report" your post!

lol. actually, probably since... around 2000... so, 11 or 12 years, to be precise! lol

i hold my hands up. Plaid, your track titles are wasted on me. sorry!! :emotawesomepm9:

come to think of it it might actually be longer than 12 years! how strange! i always associated that odd sound and lovely bassline (in ladyburst) to the name 'prague radio'. weird that! (in a good way)

by the way what is the track that plays at around 23rd minute?? i dont think i ve heard that one before....

maybe that's the track titled "ed funk" on the peel website? i'd never heard of that track title before...