IGNORED

Plaid Live + Broadcasts + Interviews

Guest CATS

nice one magdog. (for) keeping the faith and the forum alive :)

daymm there's a couple of tracks in there i really hope get released (so00on)!

WE are the faithful :)

Yes mate, Jus need Plaid to drop some of these new tunes on physical.. please!

The track at for minutes.. YES.. that bassline!!

And the 4/4 track played at the end... bad tune!!!

yeah those are the ones I mean mate :) nice dark stuff.

dunno why they don't release more stuff. guess they just don't need (the money) to.

I spose that makes their new stuff more special, if you can only hear it in a live setting... or one-off/one-of-a-kind live recordings.

+ the track at 4th minute is Oberman Knocks - Degonnt Type Runners (Plaid mix) yo! :)

thanks for the upload magdog :)

oh, then I don't mean that one. there's one, though (with a wubb-wubb bass), that is strong like Ox.

+ the track at 4th minute is Oberman Knocks - Degonnt Type Runners (Plaid mix) yo! :)

thanks for the upload magdog :)

oh, then I don't mean that one. there's one, though (with a wubb-wubb bass), that is strong like Ox.

oh that's the one around 6-7th minute.. yeah, that one is quite wubb-y :) but i have no idea what that one is. i cleared my auditory canal with my little finger,,,, no difference, i still dont know about that one(, either) :/

but the one at 7:48 is tender hooks, :)) it is impossible to mistake with another track hehe :P

Yeah that's the one mate, last track, 4/4.. and the slow one wid da strange wobbly basssssline at 4mins, innit sirchy :)

Shame they don't release more tracks. Wish Ed&AndyDog would use pseudonyms and put out some 12"s on smaller labels.. got no chance with warp. The thought of warp releasing records and making Plaids music available for us diehards is well over i reckon. Plaid could make their music available if they wanted too, just make it under other names... i'd find it, buy it, and love it!

Plaid Live Dj Set At The Dodo Club Fireworks Party

"Plaids first half of their amazing set , the second half couldn't be uploaded due to unreleased material"

"Plaids first half of their amazing set , the second half couldn't be uploaded due to unreleased material"

Listen on Soundcloud.com

thank you very much for sharing this likwid, its really a very valuable recording! :)

but can you pls somehow share with us the other rest you ve mentioned? you can upload it on rapidshare and such, you know...

Sorry but I was just quoting the SoundCloud page, I don't have the second half of the set.

Edited by likwid

Listen on Soundcloud.com

thank you very much for sharing this likwid, its really a very valuable recording! :)

but can you pls somehow share with us the other rest you ve mentioned? you can upload it on rapidshare and such, you know...

this was actually recorded (i assume) by Sean Spencer (+One)... aka "Acell", whos soundcloud this was uploaded to and who also DJ'd on the night at the party.

so i'm guessing Plaid probably told him not to upload the second half, because maybe it contains new tracks from their new album? , and i guess they don't want those new ones cut up/out and all over youtube within 24hrs..? maybe? ;P

i don't know... just saying. :smile:

thank you very much for sharing it anyways, likwid. i think i should ask the guy/ms/mrs who uploaded it on soundcloud, about the second part (oh dem good unheards are theeeeere :P )

edit: OK then, having seen Sirch's Sherlock Holmes-y post about it, i think i should not ask at all, about that second part.

post-9281-0-27623600-1353257303_thumb.jpg

Edited by theplaided

*smokey, dark Victorian atmosphere* ..but maybe he (Mr. Spencer) used his own discretion with this, Watson... and decided himself not to upload the second half of the set, you know, out of respect to his fellow musicians and long term friends. don't you think, Watson..? (Watson goes to speak...)

yes, yes, man.. I must stop you there... hurry along now, we've a train to catch! - *Choo-Choooo*

:emotawesomepm9:

Listen on Soundcloud.com

*smokey, dark Victorian atmosphere* ..but maybe he (Mr. Spencer) used his own discretion with this, Watson... and decided himself not to upload the second half of the set, you know, out of respect to his fellow musicians and long term friends. don't you think, Watson..? (Watson goes to speak...)

yes, yes, man.. I must stop you there... hurry along now, we've a train to catch! - *Choo-Choooo*

:emotawesomepm9:

hehe :) choo-chooo :)

Anyone WATMMers going to the NYE party where Plaid will be playing as Balil & Atypic? Andrea Parker and Bitstream/Adapta also on the bill.

https://thedodoclubl...years-eve-party

would love to.

probably won't be able to afford the whole London excursion, though, so soon after Crimbo.

I wonder if the Balil/Atypic thing has anything to do with something ;)

Anyone WATMMers going to the NYE party where Plaid will be playing as Balil & Atypic? Andrea Parker and Bitstream/Adapta also on the bill.

https://thedodoclubl...years-eve-party

would love to.

probably won't be able to afford the whole London excursion, though, so soon after Crimbo.

I wonder if the Balil/Atypic thing has anything to do with something ;)

well if they re gonna play unreleased Balil and Atypic, someone should go there and record the thing. maybe we should commission someone, why not? i mean gather around money for that person, give him his "ration" pat his shoulders and say :"go, man, go and record sth!"

:)

i would definitely donate 5£ for such a cause :( but the thing is, would the guys be OK with their precious stuff being recorded/stolen??? :S

but i say: "let's just record (anyways!)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zXeOxIvB8M

Edited by theplaided

I love the new Plaid twitter feed. Andy tweeted a link to a new interview:

Behind The Darkness Of Plaid's Soundtrack For The Carp And The Seagull [interview]

The Creators Project: Much of your music to date has been very rhythmic, layered with lots of dynamic melodic parts. Was it a big mental shift to create an ambient score that’s somewhat simpler in composition as you did for The Carp and the Seagull? Or is there more going on behind the score than meets the ears?

Plaid: The work led the composition. This is an incredibly bleak tale and the score needed to reflect that. It’s a situation we wouldn’t naturally write for but we’ve touched on similarly wracked moments with Tekkonkinkreet; there we were required to be more emotive though.

From “Shackbu” to “Missing,” I always associate Plaid’s music with upbeat, happy imagery, as is the nature of your sound processing and melodies. Did you have a different process for composing the dark score for The Carp and the Seagull?

We are by nature happy and upbeat; our nearest and dearests may not agree here. Our darker moments rarely hang around long enough to produce finished work though. The Carp and the Seagull has required more sound design than usual and a lot of restraint melodically, even more so than with other scores we’ve worked on, since here the user decides when to act rather than the director. It’s not possible to build melodically to a key moment when you don’t know it’s coming.

In the past few years, you guys have really broken into scoring, first with Tekkonkinkreet and then again with Heaven’s Door, and now The Carp and the Seagull. Any future plans to score films? Any major aspirations for who you’d like to work with? And on that note, any favorite films from the past that you’d love to score?

We are keen to do more and there are some possible projects coming up. We’d like to write for sci-fi. Moon was an exceptional recent example, but Clint Mansell‘s score was a big part in that. It’s difficult to imagine enjoying a film with a terrible soundtrack, to be honest. We like Darren Aronofsky’s work, Wes Anderson, Coen brothers… directors tend to find composers they like and stick with them.

You guys have been on Warp forever. What’s your favorite album that’s come out on Warp Records since you joined the label? Your favorite song on that album?

Yes, we still remember signing that contract at the start of recorded time—nobody could find a pen, hilarious! Too many good albums to choose one. Tom Jenkinson (Squarepusher) is one of our favorite artists with the label, both for his live work and recordings.

If you had to contribute one of your existing songs to a rapper, which beat from your catalog and which rapper would you choose?

We’d love to hear Busta Rhymes on

So would I! What piece of gear that you’ve acquired in the past couple of decades would you say has changed your sound the most?

Without any doubt, a computer.

One of your early tracks (and one of my favorites) is called “Scoobs In Columbia.” It’s been years and I haven’t been able to figure it out. Where did that name come from!?

Scoobs was a DJ name before Plaid.

And finally… is electronic music lamer now that everyone is into it?

Some artists are driven by boredom and other factors to explore new areas of music and some of them are electronic musicians. Derivative music is lame.

@ImYourKid