IGNORED

Plaid Live + Broadcasts + Interviews

Guest CATS

lol, he might be taking the piss but he also might not!!(nod!!)

you know they like hip-hop and R&B! im referring to their "uneasy listenning" from Trainer album, and also,,,,Aaliyah's "are you feeling me" from midsummer remix and the,, dirty+aggressive "inhale exhale" track right at the beginning of the novamix....

?

Edited by theplaided

lol, he might be taking the piss but he also might not!!(nod!!)

you know they like hip-hop and R&B! im referring to their "uneasy listenning" from Trainer album, and also,,,,Aaliyah's "are you feeling me" from midsummer remix and the,, dirty+aggressive "inhale exhale" track right at the beginning of the novamix....

?

yeah i know. but BR on Squance is just a funny image (imho) ! like chalk 'n cheese :)

when I read that I just lol'd... and immediately thought he/they was joking.

well, to me also, it's 80% a joke,

10% truth

10%, sth he threw away just like that, cause maybe he didnt so much like the Q :)

btw: Squance is the Plaid track that i like the least, so i wouldnt even mind if Busta Rhymes "killed" it with some funny rapping on it :P

Edited by theplaided

Anyone WATMMers going to the NYE party where Plaid will be playing as Balil & Atypic? Andrea Parker and Bitstream/Adapta also on the bill.

https://thedodoclubl...years-eve-party

WHAT!? I don't....I don't even. Does this have anything to do with the witheld Part 2 of that recent recording!? I mean Balil getting mixed into Virtual...come on and Psil-Cosyin!

I'm speechless....after all this time they are FINALLY doing something with Balil & Atypic. Did someone win the lottery and commission this to happen?

I would love to hear what they do that night, BUT if it's material that will be released later on then I would rather WAIT for the real deal!

Best damn music news I have heard in a long time!

PLAID (Warp) playing Unique sets of Unreleased and classic material as BALIL and ATYPIC !!!!

From 'The Dodo Club' fackface page... Click it

So there WILL be unreleased tracks played!.. wished i could go so much!

Someone please record!

i'm gonna try and go :smile:

but I think it will more than likely be them just playing unreleased and classic Plaid stuff, and only their DJ names for that night will be Balil & Atypic... just in name, for fun.

but I might be wrong and I hope I am! :)

maybe we will see some sort of Balil & Atypic release soon, seeing as it's almost 20 years since the release of Bytes...

that would be good! and that's what i'm hoping this all means...

:sorcerer:

but it probably doesn't mean anything, lol :)

well i'm just hoping Gaylord Sweetwood's excitement finds its place and that he pees the excess of the serotonin he produces because of these unreleased Atypic/Balil ! :)

and also that Mr.Sirch can come up with a decent recording.

btw Sirch, if youre gonna record stuff, may i advise you to try it in advance? i mean, the settings on devices about volume leveling and noise reduction can be a bit tricky and vary greatly, between devices so it s best to try it first, on the device youre gonna record with??

if I go it wouldn't purely be to record their set. it'll be new years eve so I think i'd look a bit suspect just stood there in one spot trying to get a good recording! would probably get thrown overboard if I did, lol

I don't even know if I can go yet... but if I did and manage to record some bits here and there I don't think i'd put it up online publicly anyway, because of copyright 'n that.

but Mr Shaun (+One) Spencer Acell will probably get a soundboard recording anyway and stick it up on soundcloud if poss, like last time, so I wouldn't worry about it. :)

Edited by sirch

well i'm just hoping Gaylord Sweetwood's excitement finds its place and that he pees the excess of the serotonin he produces because of these unreleased Atypic/Balil ! :)

and also that Mr.Sirch can come up with a decent recording.

btw Sirch, if youre gonna record stuff, may i advise you to try it in advance? i mean, the settings on devices about volume leveling and noise reduction can be a bit tricky and vary greatly, between devices so it s best to try it first, on the device youre gonna record with??

oh and I have plenty of experience recording stuff with my little 70's Sony Dictaphone, onto mini cassette tapes, so don't worry plaided man!

I will then transfer it onto my laptop and split it into individual files @ 56kbps MP3, and then convert them to WAV for you. :wink:

i ve found somewhere around the net some live Plaid DJ set that last 4 and a half hours!!!

It's called "mix Plaid - Live @ Boombox, Rote Fabrik, Zuerich, (DJ Sets & Live PA) - 2001-05-26.mp3"

i'm not sure if Plaid ever DJed this long,,,but the recording is really great and i think the tracks are the ones that you d expect Plaid to play/DJ. i mean they're melodic, neat and ambient. the set flows so smoothly and sounds somewhat similiar to other Plaid mixes/DJ sets (midsummer mix, novamix, etc.

i m sure you'll like it, and pls know that i m uploading it somewhere and giving you the links here, after i'm done with the YT part of the job..

stay tuned, yo! :)

I think I remember finding that on soulseek yeeeeeears ago. it's a good set if it's the same one.

has it got 'the model' in it by Kraftwerk? and various other synthy-pop-type tunes?

I haven't heard it in years, must be on an old PC/HDD somewhere. would love it if it's the same one! or even if it's not. :)

Sirch mate, if you can not find what you're looking for, on your PC, use the software in the attachment... and also, creating a shortcut to it, with the "run minimised" settings and adding the shortcut to your window's startup folder would greatly help you.

PS: can you pls tell me the name of the track at 7 minutes? im sure i heard that one before!!

AvaFind.zip

Edited by theplaided

I need to get a download of this again, somehow.. (?) ;)

:smile:

well im now uploading it and the Plaid Paris Warp Night thing back in 1998, on sendpace. i ll give the DL links to those, here on the forum and also in the description part of the videos i've now uploaded on YT. besides, it's also findable on Soulseek these days... you can use it to acquire this great mix, too, i mean

PS: see the attachment on my previous post. that little software is a wonder.. to find what you can not find on your PC; i mean.

there's also this:

oh i so much deserve my wine tonight, yo! ...;)

Edited by theplaided

Sirch mate, if you can not find what you're looking for, on your PC, use the software in the attachment... and also, creating a shortcut to it, with the "run minimised" settings and adding the shortcut to your window's startup folder would greatly help you.

PS: can you pls tell me the name of the track at 7 minutes? im sure i heard that one before!!

Hmmm, that's by Autechre, I think.. but I can't remember the name of the track! i'll try and find out, or maybe Magdog can remember and tell you...