IGNORED

black moth super rainbow

EdamAnchorman

dgvinyl.jpg

pre-order is up now:

http://www.blackmothsuperrainbow.com/disco1.htm

Double Vinyl colored pink with gold specks, one exclusive song not included on the cd

Side A:

# The Dark Forest Joggers

# Forever Heavy

# Jump Into My Mouth and Breathe The Stardust

# When the Sun Grows on Your Tongue

Side B:

# Lollipopsichord

# Sun Lips

# Rollerdisco

# Drippy Eye

# Wall of Gum

Side C:

# Melt Me

# The Afternoon Turns Pink

# They Live in the Meadow

# Lost, Picking Flowers in the Woods

# Caterpillar House

Side D:

# Neon Syrup for the Cemetery Sisters

# Spinning Cotton Candy in a Shack Made of Shingles

# Untitled Roadside Demo

# (Hidden Track)

they said that the pink/gold speck vinyl is pretty limited. 5000 perhaps? I don't remember.

haha damn, the first 500 are the coloured ones and the rest will be black.

i'd prefer the black personally cause coloured vinyl is sometimes pretty noisy for whatever reason... but i've already ordered. maybe i'll just have to wait and sell it on ebay and buy 10 copies of the proper one with the profits....

you think rare bmsr stuff will be worth anything? i am just curious as i have some of their rare stuff

they said that the pink/gold speck vinyl is pretty limited. 5000 perhaps? I don't remember.

haha damn, the first 500 are the coloured ones and the rest will be black.

i'd prefer the black personally cause coloured vinyl is sometimes pretty noisy for whatever reason... but i've already ordered. maybe i'll just have to wait and sell it on ebay and buy 10 copies of the proper one with the profits....

you think rare bmsr stuff will be worth anything? i am just curious as i have some of their rare stuff

heh, well i was being a bit tongue-in-cheek there. i don't imagine they have too much of a collector's market as of now... but that could likely change in a few years time. playing at SXSW, getting write-ups in rolling stone etc etc

what do you have - the older satanstompingcatepillars stuff? i remember they were still selling some of that stuff up to about a year ago, but i passed on it at the time. as well as copy of lost picking flowers in the woods.

i have every single release from them as black moth super rainbow and satanstompingcaterpillars. most of the ssc releases are pretty rare, probably < 500 i would guess, but the rarest is probably "ep, sing to us", i think tobacco told me that there were only about 30 or so of those made. (i had the number in an old PM from 2005 that i asked Joyrex to dig out of the archives) it helped though living in pittsburgh while they were still relatively unknown, i was able to grab some stuff at a few of their shows. they are really nice people btw

• 3 weeks later...
this arrived today - looks really really nice and smells pretty nice too! (there's a scratch n sniff thing on the bubble on the cover) gatefold sleeve without that sort of 'alba' style font all over it like the CD.

the vinyl-only track is really nice but pretty short - but it does make a good intro that way though. but yeah, the flow of the album is better like this for some reason. side d sort of winds down with all of the quieter acoustic guitar tracks for example.

this just makes me wish that lost picking flowers was still in print though... i keep wanting to hear the full thing when i hear the tracks from it on this one!

you mean you don't have the lost picking flowers tracks or you just wish it was in print still...

also, mine skips a fair bit throughout the record, seems in the same points like if you drew a straight line from the center to the edge of the vinyl, on both sides of the first record. of course, it could be my shitty ass record player.

Guest serpico009

damn, sold out already? guess I'll buy a CD copy.

I love that song with the lyric "chewing on bubblegum, lying in a field", it's so fucking great! like electronic music meets Electric Light Orchestra.

Archived