IGNORED

FASTER

woofer

I'm wondering if apple did this for apple on request, or if they are actually using apple's logic software for their other music production. So if regular plaid is a lot better, and they only used Logic to create this track, then doesn't that mean that they don't or won't regularly use logic?

I was using some idiot's studio and I noticed that there was a Plaid folder in the Logic base. "No way, this idiot didn't try to write out a Plaid track - he doesn't even listen to electronic music." At that point I remembered listening to "Faster" track from plaid's website, and the meaning of its meager description clicked.

It was interesting to see a pro's track sequenced out in front of me as I listened, despite its significantly diminished complexity. Please list other electronic artist's tracks that have been released on midi.

P.S. Post the hardware and software equipment that you know plaid has used to make shit.

PLAID GEAR

Akai DD1000 digital hard-disk recorder

Alesis Quadraverb

Amek/Rupert Neve 9098 dual compressor limiter

Apple Macintosh G4 Dual Processor

Apple Macintosh G4 Powerbook 500s (2)

Calrec compressor

Calrec mic preamp

Denon cassette deck

Denon CD player

E-mu E4 sampler

Ensoniq DP/4 effects processor

Eventide H3000 Ultra Harmonizer

Genelec 1032 monitors and subwoofer

Ibanez Blazer bass

Kenton Electronics MIDI-to-CV converter

Korg Electribe R drum machine

Korg Wavestation AD synth

Linn Drum LM-1 drum machine

Oberheim Matrix 1000 synth module

PreSonus DCP-8 dynamics processor

Roland HPD-15 HandSonic

Roland JP-8000 synth

Roland Juno 60 synth

Roland MC-202 MicroComposer

Roland MKS-80 Super Jupiter synth module

Roland R-8 mkII drum machine

Roland R-8M Total Percussion Module

Roland Rhythm 330 drum machine

Roland SH101 synth

Roland TR-606 drum machine

Roland TR-808 drum machine

Roland VP- 9000 Variphrase

Soundcraft Ghost 32-channel mixing desk

Tascam DA-30 mkII DAT recorder

Technics SX-WSA1R acoustic modeling synth module

Ultimate Percussion UPK2X drum synth

Yamaha CS-40M synth

Yamaha FS1R FM tone generator

http://remixmag.com/mag/remix_warp_records_brave/

• 4 weeks later...
Guest howdragonsdisappear

thank's for the info !

there's not a lot of synth !!

where does the chimes and the pad in tekkon kinkreet come from ? a yamaha synth ?

Guest PusillanimousRex
No one here knows what music is? How about some input.

I clearly remember an interview from some years ago (that I happened to stumble upon again recently) where they said that Spokes was their first album created entirely within a Logic environment. That means nothing else at all. It was also made quite clear that they've been using Logic for years.

In fact, I do think most bands of the type tend to use Logic as the hub of their working infrastructure. If I may use such grandiose terminology.

So, it seems quite clear that they were asked by Apple to create a one-off to, as they put it, "show off Logic's new moves". They were probably given an advance copy of version 8 and asked to go nuts with it.

In all, I really quite like what they did with it - i.e.: Faster.

I had tried to update the Faster submission on Discogs to list more than just the MP3, as it's also available as FLAC from Bleep, Protected AAC from iTunes, and as any format you care to export from the actual Logic session, but the mods absurdly claimed that an entry can't appear as "File: MP3, FLAC, AAC, AIFF, WAV" because they actually believe people are going to think that it's one single file in all of those formats, and get confused. My update was rejected, and so it appears solely as File: MP3. It was almost enough for me to stop trying to contribute to Discogs altogether.

Archived