IGNORED

Cylobotnia artwork

brian trageskin

ok so i was in london last summer, i was at the sister ray records shop when, i swear to god, i saw a cd with the exact same artwork as cylobotnia, but with some other name written on it. i went WTF! but i can't fucking remember what it was.

can someone help me out on that? i would eat my own shite to know what that cd was.

and i'm 100% certain that cylob copied the cylobotnia artwork from that fucking cd. he did it already with trojan fader style:

R-1023569-1185214188.jpg

R-73496-1150096098.jpg

the cylobotnia sleeve reminds me of old generic label brand 12" sleeves where you just get the label logo or something....

i think it might be a rip off / homage of/to some particular 70's 80's label but im not sure

i like those old 12" singles with the brown sleeve with 12" written all over them like my ok fred 12" which was the 2nd record i ever bought (from junior school bring and buy sale)

the first record i ever bought was a clash 7" from the L&D hospital fete. I think barbara windsor opened it that year.

i just realised taht i cant remember what the first record that i bought new from a shop was. that makes me a litl bit sad but not much. it was probably cameo single like single life or attack me with your love or something. maybe jailhouse rap by the fat boys...? i dont know. it could be anything.

i do remember buying coast to coast 12" by word of mouth and dj cheese and my older brother (whose music taste i began to inherit in my formative years) took the piss out of me a lot cause he thought it was shit but then about 3 months later he was all "ras this is wicked" and that . i thought yeah im a cool person too now and im gonna overtake you soon . i was probably 13 or something then.

i do however clearly recall winning a 10£ record voucher for being the only kid in my maths class to correctly lay a table with all different knives and forks and serviettes and stuff. i used a combination of logic and guesswork which is usually a good combination. some of the "good at maths" kids went over the road to the crest hotel to learn about the catering business and there was some "fun activity" involved like the table laying excercise. what any of that had to do with maths was ,and still is, beyond me. i went straight down the arndale after school and exchanged my voucher for cameo's machismo LP which i was disappointed by. the only track i remember off hand is honey which was good cause it was basically a rip off of candy which is the happiest song ever created by man. that seems startlingly obvious to me now although a few days ago i suggested mr blue sky by ELO in the happiest song ever thread. mr blue sky is 2nd happiest after candy. a few people said walking on sunshine which is clinically insane because that song is terrible and makes me want to kill people or at least break things. i can only hope they were being ironic.

walking on sunshine by rockers revenge is good though.

Guest Kenneth172
ok so i was in london last summer, i was at the sister ray records shop when, i swear to god, i saw a cd with the exact same artwork as cylobotnia, but with some other name written on it. i went WTF! but i can't fucking remember what it was.

can someone help me out on that? i would eat my own shite to know what that cd was.

and i'm 100% certain that cylob copied the cylobotnia artwork from that fucking cd. he did it already with trojan fader style:

R-1023569-1185214188.jpg

R-73496-1150096098.jpg

Nice find.

• 1 month later...

i dont know why the cylobotnia artwork gets such a bad rap, its perfect.

you really need to see it properly, i've seen so much in it, it really does the job.

viberts yoseph also does the same thing

if you have never noticed, you are missing out.

so you obviously didn't read my post joyrex cause i ain't talking about the trojan fader style artwork. :mellow:

Ah, yes - I see what you mean. Ah well, both are shit.

Guest Kenneth172

What's with all the Cylob hate here? Just cos' him and Aphex fell out doesn't mean we all should. Personally I think Cylob's great, one of the unsung heroes of Braindarnce.

I like Cylob's music myself; I just don't like the Cylobotnia and Trojan Fader Style artwork, that's all. I can see it was done tongue-in-cheek, but I personally don't like that.

Who said he and Richard had a falling out?

Guest Kenneth172
I like Cylob's music myself; I just don't like the Cylobotnia and Trojan Fader Style artwork, that's all. I can see it was done tongue-in-cheek, but I personally don't like that.

Who said he and Richard had a falling out?

Fair enough. For the record Cylobotnia is one of the least listened to releases in my collection along with Mood Bells which I think had drastic consequences for Cylob when that was released.

I thought it was common knowledge they'd had a fall out. When I was trying to track down Aphex's abode in Elephant & Castle so I could deliver a new demo, someone told my Cylob and Bogdan had moved out. Can't remember who it was, I think it was Caustic who said they'd had a fall out.

Archived