IGNORED

coppice halifax - s/t cd-r in handmade case

Mellow U

coppice_news_3.jpg

The long-rumored and much overdue full-length CD from Coppice Halifax has finally arrived! 77 minutes of wet leaves, shorelines, treebark, smoke, lumber yards, woodshops, erosion and sunshine, all fit together like rusty puzzle-pieces to form 5 longform collages. Incubated in the humid south since 2006, and picking up where 1983 left off, Coppice Halifax shares the same family tree as other works by Brian, such as Eight Thousander or some of the more textural Milieu releases. Live guitars and organs sit in dusty corners of the stereo field, scattered bits of dialogue and percussion filter through the grainy haze of outdoor sounds and vinyl surface noise, and somehow melodies that sound as old as the rings on a tree-stump emerge from the din, painting a unique tapestry of music that is equal parts ambient-cornerstone and lo-fi cassette tape bliss. Limited to just 60 hand-assembled copies in the EED trademark swivel-case, with David Tagg's signature design making it a truly special affair. Topped off with a cool 83 keychain that your friends are sure to be jealous of!

FOR MP3 SAMPLES

FOR ORDERING INFO - ONLY $12.50

haha well this one is a big deal in a short run/small package, so i'm glad you came out for it. it's one of my favorite records i've done and that's why it took us so damn long to get it done!

The long-rumored and much overdue full-length CD from Coppice Halifax has finally arrived! 77 minutes of wet leaves, shorelines, treebark, smoke, lumber yards, woodshops, erosion and sunshine, all fit together like rusty puzzle-pieces to form 5 longform collages.

you're going to have to do better than that to sell me on you and your artistry. people who come up with this kind of elaboration on describing their music tend to have a wanktastic factor about them which really underlines, if not undermines, the whole process.

i mean seriously, unless you're one of those beat-free-pansies, just say something like "you'll nod your head while thinking about god and inherent splendor of all that is existence" and boom you save yourself not only about 50 words, but at least 10 faps on the proverbial whackometer, never knowing which one of those ten faps is going to shoot off confetti in the sky that comes down like smoke in the lumberyard, covering your face with the erosion of the sunshine of human beings, in convenient load-on-ye-face format.

these people here seem to like you and think you're a talent, but talent and ambient don't often go together. * whips out and launches up his parasol to defend him from teh heap of crap he might receive from the ambientheads, at least they're pre-sedated by their very nature so they're easy to juke, seriously i'm sure ever the salesman you'll point me to some "aggro" stuff where you really take the gloves and have at it evolving the formats of dance music in such a way that titillates us as to what the possibilites could be, while gripping our visceral sense to spasmodically flail semi-rhythmically in conjunction with some sort of two step bassline.

i mean seriously i see the name "coppice halifax" and i think you're a full-of-shite boc wannabe right off the bat, i mean seriously boards of canada's great contribution to the world was adding post-hiphop-breaks on top of ambient music and somewhat underproducing it to feign some sort of ethereal importance, oh wait that's just the cult samples combined with the faux-esoteric randumbness of feigned-enigma to convey some sort of mysticism meant to convine us you're more than some jagoffs with a studio. YOU'RE IN TOUCH WITH THE SOUL OF THE WORLD.

that said, just don't be a douche when you try to supersaturate the market with your wares. the intelligent people who like you might revolt cuz seriously, find me a person who wants to listen to 77 minutes of wet leaves, shorelines, and tree bark and i guarantee i've just spotted one really boring motherfucker. that wouldnt be my target audience, personally, but hey in the immortal words of jay-z can't knock your hustle fo'real.

oh wait who am i shitting i can and i just did. try harder.

that said, just don't be a douche when you try to supersaturate the market with your wares. the intelligent people who like you might revolt cuz seriously, find me a person who wants to listen to 77 minutes of wet leaves, shorelines, and tree bark and i guarantee i've just spotted one really boring motherfucker.

i'm not really too interested in bothering with a full rebuttal of your opinion, but for the record i think only sixty copies isn't "market supersaturation".

I can't imagine myself being a fan of this release, however, I have checked out your myspace page. I really like Vapor Dub - really cool.

Thanks! I need to update that player though - that version of Vapor Dub isn't finished yet.

To fill you in a bit, there are sorta two sides of Coppice Halifax stuff - the crunchy textural ambient side (which is what this CD-R is) and the oldschoolish ambient techno side, which you'd probably like more.

But yeah thanks! Vapor Dub will be part of a split CD-R release with Foamek, and will soon be available for sale (at a very low price of course)...

pwn.

actually he gave up his rights to the pwn when he came on aim, under the guise of supposedly-random-drunkenness no less, reiterating the following points:

the august idiot (3:13:00 PM): sinicalypso

sinicalypse (3:13:08 PM): si?

the august idiot (3:13:09 PM): from watttttm

sinicalypse (3:13:33 PM): how can i help you?

the august idiot (3:13:34 PM): just another fwellow wattmmer sayingh hi

the august idiot (3:13:37 PM): haha

sinicalypse (3:13:44 PM): which one are you?

the august idiot (3:13:52 PM): sorry i'm doing the equivalent of drunk dialing on im

sinicalypse (3:13:54 PM): normally i try not to ask people such things but i have to get out of here soon

the august idiot (3:14:04 PM): well then no woeeirries

the august idiot (3:14:28 PM): i'm the one you tyhought was a boc ripoff

the august idiot (3:14:41 PM): and i don't really have anything to say but hello, i'm not a boc ripoff

sinicalypse (3:14:52 PM): oh wait you're complex hexagon guy?

the august idiot (3:14:58 PM): oh no

the august idiot (3:15:10 PM): i am milieu/coppice halifax/etc etc

sinicalypse (3:15:20 PM): coppice halifax complex hexagon it was the name really

sinicalypse (3:15:27 PM): as i might have disclaimed i've never heard a thing you said

sinicalypse (3:15:30 PM): it was about your marketing

the august idiot (3:15:47 PM): well all i wanted to clear up was how wrong you were about it, just in terms of the name

the august idiot (3:16:19 PM): the ambition behind the music was to make music that sounded as organic as woodlands and seashores

sinicalypse (3:16:38 PM): i like to make music htat wields a shank

the august idiot (3:16:43 PM): so i picked a word for both

the august idiot (3:16:43 PM): voila

sinicalypse (3:16:44 PM): even if it's dressed in hand-me-down rags

sinicalypse (3:17:03 PM): in fact, i believe an EP/LP named "watch my nintendo rob shank you" would be some sort of to the point

the august idiot (3:17:07 PM): right, yeah

the august idiot (3:17:07 PM): anyway

the august idiot (3:17:07 PM): thats about it

the august idiot (3:17:43 PM): i didn't come here to trade licks or anything of the sort, i just felt the compelling need to explain the name

sinicalypse (3:20:24 PM): well i'd be more interesting, however i do have to roll

sinicalypse (3:20:27 PM): so have a good'un, dwight

the august idiot (3:20:38 PM): ciao

---

allow me to reiterate, this exchange says it all:

sinicalypse (3:14:52 PM): oh wait you're complex hexagon guy?

the august idiot (3:14:58 PM): oh no

the august idiot (3:15:10 PM): i am milieu/coppice halifax/etc etc

that will amuse me til the day i die....

at the hands of a watmmer, at this rate =P

you see like, i know people like iaefs or whatever (yet another one of these watmm people who have done not a damn thing to ever enter my head and cause me to remember anything other than their handle) seem to take issue with people who can show up and elaborate on their opinions on things (i understand, watmm is like the rice caeks of musiconversation, eh?) and seriously fuck those people up their fucking arse.

you see like, i know people like iaefs or whatever (yet another one of these watmm people who have done not a damn thing to ever enter my head and cause me to remember anything other than their handle) seem to take issue with people who can show up and elaborate on their opinions on things (i understand, watmm is like the rice caeks of musiconversation, eh?) and seriously fuck those people up their fucking arse.

well you struck the notorious "drunk brian online" there i think :stuart:

i'm still not really sure what you're trying to say here? you haven't heard the music but you don't like his name or his marketing? i'm not trying to start a fight or anything, i just can't quite work out what you're saying.

sinicalypse (3:15:27 PM): as i might have disclaimed i've never heard a thing you ((made))

sinicalypse (3:15:30 PM): it was about your marketing

"flow free of time and space, like a cosmic magma, warping your plain of existence and making you melt in the craters it leaves behind."

that sounds awesome!

not too sure about the whole melting in craters thing though, doesn't sound very pleasant - have you got any 'floating in tingly miasma' or 'cuddled by stardust'?

Archived