IGNORED

Autechre Webcast playlist

Guest Ephphatha

Guest Ephphatha

i can't be the only person who thinks it would be great to piece together as much as possible of a playlist for Saturday's webcast? i confess i've only listened to the first 6 hours so far(!), but i kept recognising tracks, so i'm intending to go through it again, this time making notes. What does everyone reckon - pool our knowledge & see if we can put something together? :sorcerer:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is a nice idea! maybe some sort of public wiki thing? that'll make it easier for ppl to edit the tracklist...

perhaps something like http://www.stikipad.com/

(also used for the redmoon incident: http://redmoon.stikipad.com/redmooncode/show/HomePage and also http://redmoon.stikipad.com/redmooncode/show/Second+Code )

Guest Ephphatha

Well, when i say "expandable", i mean you can comment, & i can add them to the list—a bit clunky, perhaps, but it's a start...! :happy:

Well, when i say "expandable", i mean you can comment, & i can add them to the list—a bit clunky, perhaps, but it's a start...! :happy:

well yes, a wiki would be the better solution, imo :)

but you'd better also reflect the tracklist changes on a daily basis or so by means of a post in this thread... a moderator could then perhaps edit your start post with the most current tracklisting.

Guest Ephphatha

Yes good plan—i'm going through it now, but my knowledge of early hip-hop (which i grew up with) is turning out to have more memory gaps in it than i realised! :embrassed: Gonna need real help on this one!!

By the way, it says i should be receiving email notification of replies... but i'm not getting them!! Advice? Help?!

9hrs 21mins 20secs = remix of Pink Foyds - Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict - taken from the album Ummagumma.

I kid you not!!

Here's a few copy and pastes from That Other Site™ which I hope will help; not sure how accurate they are though.

Note that the quoted times are the time of the forum post - not necessarily the correct times they were played.

Gary Numan's "Films" is before VL AL 5

03:06am Twas the Ae remix of Freeform.

01:55am Orbital philosophy by numbers or something

01:45am This is Mark Stewart and before that was Papa Austin and

before that Hijack. Yessir.

01:22am fantasy three - it's your rock (instrumental from the looks

of it)

22:43pm that hip hop tune they just played was Tuff Crew - Detonator

:)

22:43pm Hafler Trio - Bang!

22:38pm hahah Great overlay, Flock of rotations - Zoviet France

21:16pm

np: soundclash

over me

dirty dubz 3

20:47pm it was "salty dub" by "faction"

20:10pm de la soul

at about 5.15 in the show, after the ae-remix of buck tik:

Ross 154 - Moon FM Desire

Like I said I've not investigated these - gtg work in 7 minutes! I'll identify some myself as soon as I get the time.

Guest Ephphatha
9hrs 21mins 20secs = remix of Pink Foyds - Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict - taken from the album Ummagumma.

I kid you not!!

i think you are kidding—i've listened all around that region, & there's nothing of the kind!! :undecided:

Guest jacderida

that was me who IDed the tuff crew tune so i can confirm it's right :).

i only listened to the mix for half an hour but i'll be happy to contribute what i can ID once i get my hands on the full thing...

Anybody know the song at around 180:00, like a slow rock song with ethereal synths? Sounds a bit like early 90s Coil.

Also, forgot how much of a jam the Step Off Megamix by Grandmaster Flash is. Damn!

Anyone know the tracks at 192:30 and 198:40? Sound very much like ae to me, but never heard them before :confused:

Yeah, if it's a couple tracks after the track I was curious about (there's an old hip hop track in between) I thought this sounded a lot like unreleased Autechre too.

It's got some Geogaddi-esque number counting at the end.

I kid you not!!

i think you are kidding—i've listened all around that region, & there's nothing of the kind!! :undecided:

No seriously I am not kidding! it lasts about 1.30mins and I'm 99% it's that track fucked up with by ae. If you listen carefully you can here the scottish guy ranting at the furry animals.

The timings I quote are from the kokoon (spl?) torrent from the other thread.

hey guys!

Thanks for all this info I am finding here on the webcast from Saturday. I have been listening to Ae since 98 and I just found this board today!!!

I am excited to be here.

One noobish question, what do I need to do in order to be able to:

1. download live sets from the download section

2. post new threads.

Thanks! Excuse my noobness.

The part from 3h 13min to 4h is amazing, really would like to know what that is.. I'm sure there will be more surprises as the mix progresses.

Around 54:20 they drop Hellfish & Producer - The Way Of The Homeboy Pt. 2 (The Winter Of Discontent). Didn't actually expect them to like Hellfish.

95:24 Autechre - Nil (Excerpt)

157:06 Tuff Crew - Detonator

215:12 Autechre - Univol (Extended)

265:41 Autechre - VL AL 5 (Remix)

280:14 Autechre - Liccflii

285:00 Autechre - Flutter

368:23 Autechre - Crystel (Remix)

626:04 Autechre - Lego Feet (Side A - 9:46)

638:19 Autechre - Basscadet (Beaumont Hannant Two Mix)

Did I miss any Ae tracks?

Guest Ephphatha
95:24 Autechre - Nil (Excerpt)

157:06 Tuff Crew - Detonator

215:12 Autechre - Univol (Extended)

265:41 Autechre - VL AL 5 (Remix)

280:14 Autechre - Liccflii

285:00 Autechre - Flutter

368:23 Autechre - Crystel (Remix)

626:04 Autechre - Lego Feet (Side A - 9:46)

638:19 Autechre - Basscadet (Beaumont Hannant Two Mix)

Did I miss any Ae tracks?

i can't hear any hint of "Nil" at that time, i've never heard of "Univol" (can anyone help me out here? sendage?), & it's not that version of "Basscadet"—but i can't work out which one it is, as it's not any from the EP... :undecided:

Archived