IGNORED

Autechre mix on Mary Anne Hobbs

Guest Ephphatha

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you. Will download later this evening. Very curious about it! What's it about? I'd say only their music mixed/mashed up? Like one of their live shows? Or a mix of random artists? New material?

DJ mix just like the last one..

So not that big of a deal? We've already had 12 hours of that.... :)

i honestly dont know, i think its lazy as fuck personally and im getting really sick of people like Aphex and Autechre passing off medicore DJ mixes as gold. i didnt smoke enough PCP in the 80s or take enough E in the early 90s to appreciate all this wanky early rave and hip hop they play.

DJ mix just like the last one..

So not that big of a deal? We've already had 12 hours of that.... :)

i honestly dont know, i think its lazy as fuck personally and im getting really sick of people like Aphex and Autechre passing off medicore DJ mixes as gold. i didnt smoke enough PCP in the 80s or take enough E in the early 90s to appreciate all this wanky early rave and hip hop they play.

Personally I agree. As enjoyable as the new versions of Uviol and VL AL 5 are, I'd sooner tune in for a Surgeon or Hawtin mix. We all tune into the broadcasts expecting some new Ae and in the end you get quite an unimaginative mix.

Guest Ephphatha
We all tune into the broadcasts expecting some new Ae and in the end you get quite an unimaginative mix.

i think it's unfortunate (& perhaps strange) timing—after such an eclectic, imaginative, & let's face, it downright massive webcast at the weekend, 30 minutes on Mary Anne Hobbs can only seem pale by comparison. i guess it depends whether you listen to it on its own terms...

thanks for upping this, but i totally agree with gb3. that mix was shitty and boring as hell.

Thanks for uploading it. I'll listen to it on my flight today and let you all know what I think of it.

Personally I think it'd be hard to beat AFX or Surgeon DJ....

Guest Ephphatha
i may be grousing - but i speak the truth and you know it!

i have to say, mosca, i know what you mean. There must be a lot of Autechre fans who really don't like the stuff they include in their webcasts/radio mixes. It just so happens i grew up with all the hip-hop, so i like it a lot. But let's face it, most of their music is in a totally different sound-world, so i know where you're coming from! :beer:

yeah, thats their best type of mixes where they've put a bit of thought into it. This one is similar to my favourite mix of theirs - their 2003 15 minute "Radio 3 Mixing It" mix where they loaded about 30 tracks into a 1/4 of an hour. Pumping dance grooves and floorfillers!

Archived