IGNORED

Autechre mix on Mary Anne Hobbs

Guest Ephphatha

i love their albums as much as their live sets or radio mixes. i just fucking love about anything they do, they could wrap a shit in a doggy bag and release it on warp, i'd still love it!

I feel the same. I do feel that the breezeblock show was disapponting though. And didn't make them sound as good as they are.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's certainly head wrecking alright. That intro is ridiculous as well......especially about a minute in where it's voice being said in that "skank" voice from the paris hilton south park....."mary.......anne.....hobbs"

And I find the over-emphasis on hypestep to be truly nauseating....

Guest Kenneth172
DJ mix just like the last one..

So not that big of a deal? We've already had 12 hours of that.... :)

i honestly dont know, i think its lazy as fuck personally and im getting really sick of people like Aphex and Autechre passing off medicore DJ mixes as gold. i didnt smoke enough PCP in the 80s or take enough E in the early 90s to appreciate all this wanky early rave and hip hop they play.

The best thing about this Radio 1 mix was Mary Anne Hobbes' sultry voice at the start.

I hate Mary Anne Hobbs' voice. Does she orgasm on air or what?

Yes. By the bucket.

• 1 year later...

This mix is fucking ace. I've been listening to it shitloads this last week. It takes real talent and attention to detail to create mixes of this class. Not mant people are willing to give the time and effort to create mixes like this. Bet it took them ages.

Have a listen again, folks. Im sure you will like what you hear.

Guest Larry David

I absolutely love this mix and always have, it's one of the best that i've ever heard. I can't understand the flamers on this post at all.!!

This is a highly creative mix, so tight in places you'd think they'd created the whole thing from scratch themselves start to finish.

Skilfull? Just another string to the the awesome autechre bow....

• 2 months later...

If i was a mixer i would give up mixing after hearing this. Little bits of pieces of tracks plastered all over the place at an alarming rate. It's the best mix ever. It can't be betterered.

seconded

(after blasting out my car stereo for the past week)

• 9 years later...

just heard this, it's amazing

i honestly dont know, i think its lazy as fuck personally and im getting really sick of people like Aphex and Autechre passing off medicore DJ mixes as gold. i didnt smoke enough PCP in the 80s or take enough E in the early 90s to appreciate all this wanky early rave and hip hop they play.

this is an incredibly sad post though

lol, JE with the hot takes. Needed more zoviet france or mick harris apparently.

Honestly this should be near or at the top of everyone's all-tiem non-release Ae miscellany, the mixing/layering throughout is just sublime. Like something Surgeon, Rob Hall or Coldcut might do but in an I-know-IDM-can-be-extreme sorta way.  Plus the part where Drane comes in over Planet Rock and Dave DMX gives me chills to this day, too good.

Here's the BBC stream rip of it for anyone interested -

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ds6p0s

Rly? I've always thought (up to now at least) that in the scummy world of file hosting that sendspace was benign-ish enough.  At least it has been here using Firefox w/ uBlock.  Any recs for alternative?

lol, JE with the hot takes. Needed more zoviet france or mick harris apparently.

also enjoyed him accusing autechre of lying to appear more original when he asked them if a track was inspired by mick harris and they said no.

I need to investigate that to see exactly what he meant, thnx!

Too bad awapittattynice left watmm (didnt know usagi left too :() but accusing someone of lying just like that is a bit too much imo.

Archived