IGNORED

Special Edition delayed

Sam

Guest dangulberry

Got mine. The metal case is lush. The inner sleeves are meh. It's a tight fit into the metal box so the carboard will get damaged. Have emailed Warp asking for another inner gatefold sleeve. or whatever it's called. Haven't listened to it yet, but excited.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got mine. The metal case is lush. The inner sleeves are meh. It's a tight fit into the metal box so the carboard will get damaged. Have emailed Warp asking for another inner gatefold sleeve. or whatever it's called. Haven't listened to it yet, but excited.

IMO you only need to remove the discs once. Carefully. Rip it to wave -> encode to flac (backup) -> encode to v0 mp3 (portable media) and for the rest leave the discs in their ltd box.

People buy CD's to listen to CD's :rolleyes: Not a box to sit on shelf and admire. Well, there probably are people who do that but they have mild issues.

Plus auxiliary connections (mp3 players, PC's etc) sound quieter than an actual CD playing on a hi-fi.

Guest dangulberry

Actually this is the process: remove disc carefully, rip to FLAC, list on ebay.

Ok, not ebay, but this one is for sale.

People buy CD's to listen to CD's :rolleyes: Not a box to sit on shelf and admire. Well, there probably are people who do that but they have mild issues.

To each his own. I specifically buy cd's for the artwork and to support the artist. I only listen to the actual music by means of flac/mp3 on my pc/ipod. Also in the car I use an ipod data cable.

Plus auxiliary connections (mp3 players, PC's etc) sound quieter than an actual CD playing on a hi-fi.

I call bullshit. My computer's soundcard (creative labs, audigy zx 2) is connected to a decent amplifier (technics su a707) which is connected to tannoy monitors (reveal r1) and a subwoofer (monitor audio fb101). It surpasses cd's played at a hi-fi system at ease. And it's so much more convenient to use tools like winamp/foobar to play music.

Guest burnibus

To each his own. I specifically buy cd's for the artwork and to support the artist. I only listen to the actual music by means of flac/mp3 on my pc/ipod. Also in the car I use an ipod data cable.

I call bullshit. My computer's soundcard (creative labs, audigy zx 2) is connected to a decent amplifier (technics su a707) which is connected to tannoy monitors (reveal r1) and a subwoofer (monitor audio fb101). It surpasses cd's played at a hi-fi system at ease. And it's so much more convenient to use tools like winamp/foobar to play music.

dunno that not true really is it, if you have a nice system with a good CD player it is much better at relaying detail and communicating the music than any computer will be regardless of soundcard

dunno that not true really is it, if you have a nice system with a good CD player it is much better at relaying detail and communicating the music than any computer will be regardless of soundcard

The thing is I have the nice external setup. Like described. But the source is the line-out from my soundcard combined with flacs for example, which is more than decent. The soundcard is able to playback 24 bit/96kHz. So I don't see the problem.

And if you use decent earplugs for a portable media player then you'll hear all the details you want to hear. Tiny little details are best to be heard on headphones anyways...

Guest dangulberry

Makes no sense. Depends on d->a conversion within the soundcard or CD player. Also preamps etc.

myhihicr4.th.jpg

I have this hi fi with quite a powerful amp for a hi-fi of that size and 75W watt speakers. When ever I plug in anything to the aux the volume is reduced from when playing a CD. MP3 CD's sound amazing on it. I prefer to have everything on CD or MP3 CD.

I would only use aux connections if i had hi-fi seperates.

Guest burnibus
myhihicr4.th.jpg

I have this hi fi with quite a powerful amp for a hi-fi of that size and 75W watt speakers. When ever I plug in anything to the aux the volume is reduced from when playing a CD. MP3 CD's sound amazing on it. I prefer to have everything on CD or MP3 CD.

I would only use aux connections if i had hi-fi seperates.

yeah think that why i got confused not really a hifi that as all in one box and not essentially hi fidelity. i was thinking of seperate like you were saying. The CD player my hsoue mate has (and system in general) is absolutely incredible and makes listening to all music a mind blowing experience. Thing is he's moving out soon, and my system is very good but no where near the class of his (or the price)

Guest burnibus

Makes no sense. Depends on d->a conversion within the soundcard or CD player. Also preamps etc.

and also depends upon the colouration on the signal by the electronics and how isolate the instrument is from interference. The reading device inside CD drives in computers are very noisy indeed due to vibration of CD shelf in flimsy plastic casing and amount of other electronic components pumping lots ov power within the same case. If the soundcard is inrternal, you also have the electronic interference of a very powerful fan to contend with

Guest dangulberry

and also depends upon the colouration on the signal by the electronics and how isolate the instrument is from interference. The reading device inside CD drives in computers are very noisy indeed due to vibration of CD shelf in flimsy plastic casing and amount of other electronic components pumping lots ov power within the same case. If the soundcard is inrternal, you also have the electronic interference of a very powerful fan to contend with

true about drive noise and interference. I was thinking more of audio files played from pc or from a decent 'mp3 player'. I was also imagining a decent, most likely external sound card.

How do you get rid of fingerprints from the metal cover?!

Guest burnibus

hehe cables are cable are cables most will be ok, moving electronic equipment has a big effect on sound just a shame its a costly obsession to listen to music on a good system

use a the lens cleaner from spectacles that might work, and pledge maybe

People buy CD's to listen to CD's rolleyes.gif Not a box to sit on shelf and admire

i bought mine becuase i want the complete Ae catalogue

i won't open it, i'll probably not even look at it after i place it on the shelf

i've no intention of listening to the extra disc (if it's as mediocre as quaristice it's not worth the effort)

Guest burnibus
People buy CD's to listen to CD's rolleyes.gif Not a box to sit on shelf and admire

i bought mine becuase i want the complete Ae catalogue

i won't open it, i'll probably not even look at it after i place it on the shelf

i've no intention of listening to the extra disc (if it's as mediocre as quaristice it's not worth the effort)

buying music you dont like is pretty wierd to be honest. the fact that some people would really like the bonus disc to listen to and cherish and you will just put it on the shelf and forget about it. well as long as it makes you happy

Guest Tankakern

The thing is I have the nice external setup. Like described. But the source is the line-out from my soundcard combined with flacs for example, which is more than decent. The soundcard is able to playback 24 bit/96kHz. So I don't see the problem.

And if you use decent earplugs for a portable media player then you'll hear all the details you want to hear. Tiny little details are best to be heard on headphones anyways...

Yo do not know what you are talking about. A good set of seperates – depending on the type of cables too – surpasses anything a soundcard can do.

Guest Tankakern
grrr didn't come turday.

Someone please give me these tracks in a zip.

The torrent cotnaing the flac version is rather slow, the first track appears to be missing and one track seems to be split into two. Im still

downloading it and its been taking ages. Does anyone have an mp3 version they are willing to part with? Please...

Archived