IGNORED

Music Has the Right to Children 10th Anniversary

enki

actually, wouldn't it be a re-re-release? its already been re-released once in the UK.

Wha'd I say about the pedantry? How's a guy supposed to work himself up into a lather about hypothetical BOC releases when the grammar police are sticking their metaphorical sticks into his proverbial spokes? Sheesh.

Guest roygbiv
Fuck that, I want a box set full of all their old unreleased stuff!

Good idea. Weird no-one's suggestsed that before, really.

Actually, a re-re-release will probably just distract them from putting out some unreleases material.

There is actually a tape they made called "Catalog 4", which is so bright and colourful, and beautiful, that it actually cured my depression and everyone elses within 50 feet. I only heard one track from it, which was 480,000kbps but actually had the quality of a 32kbps. Still, it gave me a two hour orgasm with it's melodies and backwards speech. Unfortunately, it took FOUR YEARS FOR THE FUCKER TO FINISH DOWNLOADING, and it cost £8,134 IN BANDWIDTH. All the other tracks were just silence, or mislabelled Beatles tracks. I THEN GOT FUCKING SUED BY THE RIAA FOR USING A CD PLAYER AND I WILL NEVER GET TO HEAR THE TRACK AGAIN, OR ANY OF THE TRACKS FROM CATALOG 4 OR ANY MUSIC FOR 5 ASS NUMBING YEARS IN PRISON BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER COZ THERE ARE ONLY 2 COPIES IN EXISTENCE AND JOYREX OWN THEM BOTH*

*he has three, but the third one's at the bottom of the snake river canyon.

You guys are right. The notion that any group--even one that has in interviews bemoaned a shortage of pocket money--would use the occasion of their defining album's tenth anniversary to issue any kind of re-issue is pretty preposterous.. Totally unthinkable and unheard-of.

You guys are right. The notion that any group--even one that has in interviews bemoaned a shortage of pocket money--would use the occasion of their defining album's tenth anniversary to issue any kind of re-issue is pretty preposterous.. Totally unthinkable and unheard-of.

i'm always right

Guest Drakee
Fuck that, I want a box set full of all their old unreleased stuff!

Good idea. Weird no-one's suggestsed that before, really.

o rly?

Guest Archrival

maybe they will milk the cow and re-release it with the acoustic version of the album that they been talking about...

I actually love to see a "deluxe" version with early variations and remixes of the tracks, along with brief passages regarding each song and it's coming about, etc. all in a nice binder or folder of some sort.

this whole thread is fucking shit and full of retarded ideas. either give me some new material or some old material that hasn't been in general release or don't bother. i dont think BoC will milk us like that, unless warp have control over the re-re-re-release of already available albums. i buy cd's for the music, the only reason i have doubles of geogaddi and TCH is because of the extra bonus tracks for japan.

MHTRTC re-release? A 10th anniversary re-release of a CD that already exists?

YEAH GREAT IDEA!! :rolleyes:

Any more great ideas?

Jesus christ

If the CD didn't already exist it wouldn't be a re-release... And don't tell me you're satisfied with the digipak. I guess what I was originally driving at is the fact that the vinyl's been pretty damn hard to get for too long (not a major concern for me, since I'm within arm's reach of two copies of the original pressing, but still), and I'm wondering if the 10th anniversary might warrant a new pressing. Sure, it's pointless speculation. I was just wondering for no good reason (this is not just WATMM, but the BOC sub-forum after all) if anybody else was anticipating a re-release. Hope springs eternal?

Anyway, why such hostility from y'all? Were a bunch of your dad's killed by album re-releases gone horribly wrong? I promise you, no matter what happens, everything's gonna be alright.

the hostility isn't personal, its just there is a lot of bitter people here with the lack of any news of anything of importance. dont worry, after a couple of years and a few hundred posts you'll be just like the rest of us. the fact is, there isn't really anything new to add to this sub-forum at this time. your thread wasn't a bad subject or idea, its just the last thing most of us want is another copy of something that everyone already has. watch this sub-forum go into overdrive as soon as there is an official announcement of something new, wanted or not. have a nice day. :smile:

I've never understood people complaining about things that, unless they let it, has no effect or consequence in their lives.

Don't like a reissue? Here's an idea: don't buy it. BoC doesn't make music just for you, and as strange as it might sound, there are people out there who might not have any version of MHTRTC, and wouldn't one more person owning it be oh, I dunno, a Good Thing?

Archived