IGNORED

Phoenecia

kcinsu

So I just picked this album up (for 5 bucks at a local record shop) and holy shit, it's awesome!

I've heard it talked about here and there, but this deserves much more attention than it gets! It's fucking great.

Why the hell do they not have any other stuff really?

Why the hell aren't they mentioned more?

ive often wondered why phonecia hasn't done something sinc.e I loved that album so much that i asked the guy who mastered it (xopher/antimatter) to master my newest LP (gaseous opal orbs) and i was very happy with the result

Edited by Ghostbusters III

gaseous opal orbs is new? i have an old grooves magazine with it advertised... did you rerelease it?

yes, that is like an alpha version of the album on hand made CDR pressings, i know it is confusing. The album was released prematurely, i sat it on it for over 2 and half yeards wondering what to change in it to make it better and finally settled on a few major chances cut out a buch of the filler and got it mastered by someone that does good stuff

Its kind of what happened with Jega geometry, i let too many people hear it in its unfinished form and was daunted and unnecessarily sensitive to their criticisms (from a unfinished work none the less i need to have thicker skin) so i kind of got shy about it and went baclk to the drawing board. Jega claims the version of geometry that comes out will be totally different but it hasnt happened yet

Soul Oddity , Brownout and the remix 12" with the ae remix is phenomenal. Im sad that they havent released anything since. Last time i did a big show and Otto von shirach played i asked him whats the deal with phonecia and he said they have been sitting on 2 entire full length LPS that were destined to be the reigniting of Schematic records (since it appears at the moment they have stopped making records). There have been no announcements officially so i dont know if its ever going to happen.

Edited by Ghostbusters III

awesome... i just found the mag too, it's on the last page with kush arora, bathroom shaman, scatology and some software programs! i think it's issue 017 of 2005!

• 4 months later...

I just acquired this album and it is really tripping me out. I was listening to it while riding my bike through the rural new york countryside...and god it made me feel like some kind of dimensional rift was about to appear in a cornfield. "Biorepo" is probably my favorite track...the whole album is one of the most experimental soundscapes I've ever heard...while still being funky enough.

I bought this album based on a recommendation. I listened to it three or four times and just wasn't feeling it. I'll try again.

yeah brownout is a nice electro/abstract record. its a bit like oval : since 2001 both entity havent release any full lenght.

maybe mr GBIII should contact them & release some phoenecia trx on the recordlabelrecords? or at least, they could make a download release only?? we should encourage them to do so on their myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/schemaland

I've tried listening to this multiple times and just don't see what's so special about it. All I can remember about it was that it was totally monotonous.

Guest greenbank

i like the warp EP they did before brownout (canae mind the title) but brownout for me was so-so, it has definitely got some excellent moments though and is well worth a look.

• 1 month later...
Guest Enter a new display name
I've tried listening to this multiple times and just don't see what's so special about it. All I can remember about it was that it was totally monotonous.

I feel the same for Brownout. Sorry Salvatorin, this album is really disappointing... :cry:

• 8 months later...

I just listened to the album in full again for the first time in many months, and it perfectly fit the alien mindset that I've had lately. Still fucking love this album.

Guest Enter a new display name

I feel the same for Brownout. Sorry Salvatorin, this album is really disappointing... :cry:

How gay I was back in 2008... I recently re-listened to Brownout, and I must say I felt the album way more than the previous time. Brownout is weird and sinister in every possible way.

This album still owns, some of my favorite electronic stuff and such a weird and unique atmosphere to the whole thing. Almost as visual for me as Chiastic Slide. And the artwork is so cool too.

It's the most liquid album I've ever heard. It's like trawling through some underground sewage system in the future.

but in a good way.

brownout is awesome. i highly recommend tracking down the odd remixes and exclusive tracks they've released since cause they're all high quality. new album (supposedly) this year.

Guest ms-dos

i've probably said this 10 times on the board already, but brownout is a masterpiece. it's one of the truly great pieces of electronic music of the past 20 years.

now i'm in the process of absorbing echelon mall.