IGNORED

Scotch

Guest leprechaun

Guest Thaddeusz

I tried some Ardberg last night. Got it served neat in a nosing glass.

Ow, i love that strong peaty aroma, it even has a phenol smell very similar to Laphroaig. Strong taste. Thanks for pointing out that whisky.

I have yet to try the Laphroaig 15 y.o.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest leprechaun
I'm really enjoying a Glenmorangie Nectar D'Or right now.

It is very nice isn't it. The friend and I have almost finished the bottle.

On another note, I'm very proud to see this post is still going.

i discovered last night that I have what may be a 30yo Glenlivet coming my way for my 30th birthday next month.

i'm salivating at the prospect... not that I'll break the seal on it mind you until such time as is fit!

Enjoyed a couple of Ardbeg 10yo last night.... perfect way to wash down some good chow.

The spirit of life!

i discovered last night that I have what may be a 30yo Glenlivet coming my way for my 30th birthday next month.

i'm salivating at the prospect... not that I'll break the seal on it mind you until such time as is fit!

open that shit up right then and there when you get it dude it's your 30th bday

open that shit up right then and there when you get it dude it's your 30th bday

think that would be the only proper thing to do wouldn't it?

on a slight aside, the scottish malt whisky association have just launched a new mag - can read the digi version on their site right here.

some good articles, including some chat from Oz whatsisname and James May towards the back.

puts you in the mood for a night cap...

Enjoyed a couple of Ardbeg 10yo last night.... perfect way to wash down some good chow.

The spirit of life!

There will be no point in keeping IT.

As soon as IT is in WUR hands then a dram must be had. :ok:

'This year i shall mostly be plumbing for work and for a past time i shall be drinking a fine selection of Malts while fishing for salmoons and troots and making techno musics on the fly'

The spirit of life!

There will be no point in keeping IT.

As soon as IT is in WUR hands then a dram must be had. :ok:

'This year i shall mostly be plumbing for work and for a past time i shall be drinking a fine selection of Malts while fishing for salmoons and troots and making techno musics on the fly'

u been on the water o' life this nicht gimmerman? buzzed you few times but rang out and clearly yer up late on a 'skil night'.

that Ardbeg is delicious by the way... I need a nose bag so I can sniff it in all day at work. Stunning, much less fierce and sharp than Laphroig but still right peaty and smokey.

shockerb - i have indeed tried the ardbeg... not bad at all. i actually came across a bottling called "port ellen cask strength" at one of my local shops here - the staff had no idea where it was from, but a little research uncovered that it was an ardbeg expression, although somewhat secretive for some reason. tongue-numbing, as most cask strength whiskies seem to be to me, but quite nice when cut with a bit of water.

i have recently really been enjoying bowmore 12. i had purchased a bottle of the bowmore legend last summer, and thought it nothing special at all. it was my go-to for the 3rd glass of the night, when i was less concerned with flavour.

the 12, however, is brilliant. to my taste, it's very very smooth, and has a nice mellow islay kick to it. a VERY good introduction for those that might not be ready for the full laphroaig experience.

the bowmore 18 is nice as well, had a dram of that when i was in memphis at new years'.... but the 12 is rather affordable and really tasty.

cheers,

c

• 2 weeks later...

n625787891_2063704_3904.jpg

just received about an hour ago... and about to delve into a celebratory glass, a 30th birthday present from the dear wife. what a star she is.

almost too good to drink... though my cat Moog is clearly into a taste already.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

This is what I have now

Aberlour a'bunadh No 19

Aberlour a'bunadh No 21

Aberlour (16yr)

Ardbeg Airigh Nam Beist

Auchentoshan (10yr)

The Balvenie Single Barrel (15yr)

Bunnahabhain (12yr)

Caol Ila (12yr)

Caol Ila (25yr) *Gift, unopened

Clynelish (14yr)

Dalwhinnie (15yr)

Glengoyne (17yr)

Glenmorangie The Nectar D'Or

Glenlivet (12yr)

Glen Ord (30yr) *Gift and unopened

Laphroaig Cask Strength (10yr)

Laphroaig Quarter Cask

Macallan (10yr)

Mortlach (15yr)

Mortlach (21yr)

Old Pulteny (12yr)

Scapa (14yr)

Springbank (18yr)

Talisker (10yr)

The Arran Malt (1998)

Tormore (12yr)

Some crap in there, admittedly. I can't bring myself to throw out stuff I don't like though.

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud
if you don't have enough to spend on nice whisky, buy rum.

Or bourbon. The weather is a lot different in Kentucky, so bourbons that age 2 or 3 years are kind of like whiskys that age for 10 or 12. Plus it's cheaper because it's not an import.

• 4 months later...
Guest leprechaun

So I've definitely become a fan of scotch since starting this thread. I picked this up in Delaware this summer - it was on sale at one of the enormous warehouse liquor stores they have there and I've found it to be very nice.

img5081h.th.jpg

Guest leprechaun

id love to buy a bottle of scotch for whenever the mood strikes....its hard to spend upwards of 50 bucks on liquor though..

Yeah it does feel a bit painful. I haven't bought anything really expensive yet because I can't bear the thought of spending $60 or $70+ dollah. The one I just bought was on sale for around $35 (bought it in July so don't remember exactly how much is was).

• 1 month later...

i need stocks topped up at crimbo - the collection has dwindled in recent months. have a Tobermory, Dalblair and little bit of some Jap malt left.

Lagavulin 16 years Islay scotch single malt, just got this. It's the best thing you'll ever drink for that price.

lagavulin16yo1.jpg

my colleague just acquired this fine selection - gratis as far as i understand.

8830_1049393171402_1722921248_93013_7384500_n.jpg

jammy beggar.

• 2 years later...

Allright, since the beer-drinkers totally gayed up the "now drinking" thread, i want to bump this one instead.

I have grown to LOVE Ardbeg recently. After emptying a bottle of ten year old, I told all my friends how much I enjoyed it.

Later I got a bottle of Ardbeg Uigeadail and for my birthday I got a bottle of Ardbeg Corryvreckan and Ardbeg 10YO.

So right now, I have 3 different Ardbegs to taste and compare.

Heaven.

Archived