IGNORED

Here It Comes EP

Amen Warrior

Words fail me.

Why weren't these tunes released back in 95?!

It's my favourite vibert release, and i'm a man who loves me vibert.

It's my favourite jungle rekkid, and i'm a man who loves me jungle.

It's my favourite everything, and i'm a man.

semantics. whatevs...

No, it's not. Some time around Go Plastic, the term drill 'n' bass seemed to take off and now anything that is jungle is referred to as drill 'n' bass on here. Like Amen Warrior, it drives me fucking bananas. That Plug EP is pure fucking jungle and those tracks are old as fuck, if I'm not mistaken.

its fucking awesome.

:beer:

It's my favourite jungle rekkid, and i'm a man who loves me jungle.

It's a fun EP, but I don't think it's that good.

Here it comes has a great building intro into that stretched out Top Cat vocal, but kind of fails after that. The bassline needed to be stronger. Gangsta doesn't really get that rough until the very end.

I was kind of let down when I heard them. I don't like much of the Plug stuff, and I'm convinced that some of the Amen Andrews stuff was a joke.

bROOOOCK WIIILLD...wiiil....wiil...wiil

Wicked intro, don't like what he's done with the 'from-north-south-east an west' bit though, he's made it sounds like some sort of fucked up chant.

I can't listen to is right now as its 1 in the morning but i THINK i absolutely love the bass on the first track (don't the bass hits have a lovely little wobble or am i making that up?) but i guess it's all a bit too stop-start to be that dancefloor friendly.

Gangsta is the weakest tune on the ep for me, just sounds a bit too cluttered.

You've got to admit though...it's one of the funnest jungle records.

I'm not too keen on the Amen Andrews stuff either but it's fucking well produced and sounds amazing when he plays it out live.

While we're on the subject of amen andrews, the track Play from amen andrews vs spac hand luke has an absolutely DEVASTATING hoover that comes in about 1.55, never heard anything quite like it, id love to know how he made it.

• 2 months later...

Archived