IGNORED

Daft Punk's Electroma - Blu-Ray release

Rubin Farr

DP finally get around to releasing their film on blu-ray & DVD in the US on July 22nd, with a collector's edition tin box available. not much to look at, but synch it up with the Human After All album, and see the magic.

Guest The Vidiot
DP finally get around to releasing their film on blu-ray & DVD in the US on July 22nd, with a collector's edition tin box available. not much to look at, but synch it up with the Human After All album, and see the magic.

I saw this at a special screening in Dec. It was ok...fucking boring actually. Is it really meant to sync up with HAA?

I saw this at a special screening in Dec. It was ok...fucking boring actually. Is it really meant to sync up with HAA?

yeah, it definitley does. set the CD to album repeat, then start it when the first scene starts. it's really cool and much more entertaining.

Guest The Vidiot

Yeah they desperately need to release an earth shattering LP...one that equals or surpasses Discovery

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Vidiot

I don't know about that comparison. Kubrick's pacing is slow...but there's obviously a grander climax on the way. Electroma could be unbearable at times. Especially when they're walking in the desert...sheesh. Then that weird vagina hill!? I feel like I'm a viewer that could watch almost anything, but the audience around me was getting really impatient. I'm not sure if I would enjoy this at home...

Well understandably comparing any movie to 2001 is never going to go down well. The part of Electroma where the main characters are getting their new faces did come across as sort of an homage to me though. Other than that I'd say Electroma has a pretty strong climax itself.

I haven't watched it with an audience but I don't think I'd care what they thought or did. I've watched and enjoyed it several times at home, alone, in its entirety, and to me it's a strong movie. Perhaps not very cerebral but certainly very emotional.

Haven't tried to play Human After All alongside the movie, might do it one day but I'm skeptical, plus I love the soundtrack which is already in the actual movie.

Guest Enter a new display name

That movie was boring. They directed Electroma to make more money and people watched the movie due to their popularity only. That was really well done but it lacked of some action.

Haven't tried to play Human After All alongside the movie, might do it one day but I'm skeptical, plus I love the soundtrack which is already in the actual movie.

try it once and you'll see, everything is in sync, from "Steam Machine" starting when they pull out the steam hoses (also when the self immolation begins) to the people walking in time to the beat if you start it at the correct time. definitely an accomplishment.

BTW - did anyone notice Chris Cunningham did the steady-cam work on this?

Archived