IGNORED

Reversed Geogaddi

Guest ComicMaster

Guest ComicMaster

I was really, really curious in doing this. The end result was absolutely awesome. Awesome if scary is your thing. I listened to this in my basement in complete darkness, going from the 24th Japanese bonus track in reverse to Ready Lets Go, and at some parts I seriously was terrified.

Well maybe not _terrified_ but without a doubt I was getting really, really freaked out. Some songs are MEANT to be heard in reverse (Dandelion, Dawn Chorus, I Saw Drones, a bunch others) while some songs you really get creeped out by some of the stuff you hear when played in reverse.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Synthacat 9

Haven't done it, I'd imagine just about everything backwards is pretty interesting since it totally changes all the melodic and harmonic contour and cadences and whatnot (aside from just reversing the sounds and making them creepy as hell!)

Done it on a few aphex tracks and it's always been a good experience

Guest ComicMaster

I do think that many parts of this album like literally were recorded and then reversed for the final album -- more than what everyone else thinks I mean besides the voices. Like the actual melodies.

I tried it before you.

And yeah, it's fucking awesome. I'll listen to it now, actually. It's suprising how similar "Corsair" sounds when backwards.

"Dandelion" backwards sounds, as well as amazing, similar to the 2-player BG music for "Mystic Cave" on Sonic 2 (also used for Hidden Palace Zone).

Guest Moebius

I don't know of any player that can simply play an audio file in reverse, as a stream. You have to load the entire file into an audio editor, reverse it, then play it.

Audacity can play things backwards easily. And it's free.

Is it just me or am I the only one who uses it?

I use Audacity. Seriously guys, it takes like ten seconds to load the song and reverse it, don't be lazy.

Dawn Chorus is amazing backwards. Julie and Candy sounds... the same. Sunshine Recorder and You Could Feel the Sky sound way boring backwards. I haven't listened to any other songs yet.

i have this beat, I put the entire album in a wav editor (goldwave) and played the whole album at 1/100th speed, it took 3 and a half weeks to play and it was creepy-as-fuck

weird, I did the exact same thing.

i did a shit once, recorded it and tried to play it backwards

but.........

you don't want to know the outcome

i live life backwards.

i went to school at the local old folks home, and eat shit by sucking it up my ass and poo it out my mouth.

i put my clothes on to go to bed in the morning and drive down the wrong carriageway of the motorway, in reverse gear.

it's well freaky man.

Archived