IGNORED

Gescom A1-D1

qnio

wtf? D1 is obviously "Adonis - No Way Back" through some beat-repeat-like (ableton live) plugin. same thing with A2, but with "Armando - Downfall". pure and absolute shit imo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why don't you put those songs through a simple ableton live plugin and see if you get something nearly as cool.

Just because they are remixes (and obviously remixes) doesn't make it pure and absolute shit.

Well... I care out of interest's sake. I'd love to know how these tracks were made. But that doesn't distract from how amazing they are. C1 is probably my favourite Gescom track of all time.

Does anyone know what they are all remixes of? A2 and D1 are in the first post, and B1 is obviously come to us by Brian Eno and David Byrne. What of A1, C1, and C2?

For me this falls way short of the seminal gescom releases (key nell, sounds of machines, iss:sa) so I've always been kinda meh about it. They should've pulled a Vibert and released it under a different pseudonym.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest DavBrav

The main riff(s) on "A1" come from "Space Dust" by the Galactic Force Band.

a video with the track. The part that Gescom sampled comes in at about one minute.

a video with the track. The part that Gescom sampled comes in at about one minute.

Nice spot!

Guest DavBrav

Nice spot!

To be honest, I found it because I recognized the breakdown from Dizzee Rascal's "Pussyhole". His samples are pretty well documented, so there you go.

Guest DavBrav

Also, for the record, I'm pretty fond of the release. Yes, it's mostly (if not all) remixes/mashups, but still good fun.

Good find.

• 5 years later...

Archived