IGNORED

Metropolis (1927) Soundtrack

Squee

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw. where did Rook go?

I agree with Zazen though. People should just upload their stuff to YouTube and name the file

"Metropolis - Scene XX - WATMM"

here is mine, rook uploaded it ages ago as a test because i finished first, the compression is awful

[youtubehd]sWGSUA3t9Bc[/youtubehd]

• 2 weeks later...

here is mine, rook uploaded it ages ago as a test because i finished first, the compression is awful

[youtubehd]sWGSUA3t9Bc[/youtubehd]

that is awesome Kaen, and proof that this project is worth salvaging.

In an update here on 12/Nov/08 Rook said that about 50% of the tracks had been submitted and he was expecting a few more soon.

50% of Metropolis is still plenty of awesomeness.

Because of the way this thread evolved, it is hard to work out who was doing what, but I'll have a go:

The last lineup that Rook posted was this one, although afterwards he may have reassigned some sequences (see here) and he posted 3 sequences 'up for grabs' here and here. One of those 'up for grabs' links has expired so I can't tell which sequence it was.

Piecing all that together I get:

Sequence 1: Kaen (submitted, see above)

Sequence 2: Adjective (this sequence was also uploaded as a 'free for all')

Sequence 3: Ghostbusters III (withdrawn??) (this sequence was also uploaded as a 'free for all')

Sequence 4: pcock

Sequence 5: Margaret Thatcher

Sequence 6: Jefferoo (withdrawn??)/ analogue wings (withdrawn??)

Sequence 7: Mbcpete

Sequence 8: Jaffa/Catsonearth (withdrawn??)

Sequence 9: Taphead

Sequence 10: hokum/easementh

Sequence 11: MRX

Sequence 12: Glass Plate

Sequence 13: Idrn

Sequence 14: Squee

Sequence 15: Jac Y Jymper/THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

Sequence 16: Drahken/Twentyfourange

Sequence 17: Beneboi

Sequence 18: A/D/Brian Tregaskin

Sequence 19: Rook

Sequence 20: Zephyr Nova

Sequence 21: Max

Sequence 22: Spalagawaga

Sequence 23: Glitchy (withdrawn??)

If you have any info to add to the above list please PM me and I will edit it in.

Squee and Rook were organising this together, although Rook has not posted in this thread since January he was still on the forum up to mid-May, and Squee is still posting in this thread.

If we can get what has already been done up onto Youtube, that will be much better than what we have now (sweet f.a.) and may inspire other people to fill in the missing sequences.

I will PM Rook and Squee (and also Taphead, who hosted the sequences) and see what is going on ...

Guest inteeliguntdesign

just release what you've got so far, with the missing sequences. could motivate people into filling in the missing pieces, and give this thread the kiss of life.

I am in touch with Rook and Squee and things are moving forward ... at the moment we are moving lots of large files around so it might take a few more weeks before you see anything... will keep you posted ...

hey sorry about my disappearance guys, life has been crazy and just doesn't fucking stop. but I have the files again and am getting them accessible, if you need the file for a part of the video pm me and I can get you it. oh and if anyone wants to take my sequence, I'm not gonna be able to get anything for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... I'm a jerk and I haven't made any electronic music in well over 6 months, just haven't been feeling it. But I've been thinking about getting back on my game soon. I might be able to tackle my scene in a couple weeks. I was half expecting to open this thread and see I've been kicked off the team.

... still working on gathering everything that was done into one place ...

... hopefully announce a way forward soon ...

(...someone unpinned the thread, but thats probably appropriate ...)

• 3 weeks later...

Edit: The completed clips are being unveiled in a new thread

Call for re-submissions!

As per the posts above, I am helping Squee and Rook salvage this project by rounding up what did get done, and putting it onto Youtube. I now have 5 of the sequences put to music and uploaded onto YouTube ready to be unveiled soon.

But Rook said that he had been sent about 10 completed bits of music. Alas he is no longer around to tell me who sent them.

If you completed some music for one of the Metropolis clips and haven't sent it to me yet then please do so within the next week (PM me a link or email a link to mail@koanotic.org). Then I will launch what I've got on YouTube.

Many people have also asked about doing music for the unfinished sequences or having a second try. The plan is to allocate new people to the unfinished sequences once I've rounded up all the completed ones. PM me if you want to be notified when that time comes. It will probably in about two weeks.

itlives.jpg

Archived