IGNORED

name your top three ekt releases

Guest margaret thatcher

Guest margaret thatcher

right, well i've been listening to a fair amount of old ekt stuff lately, and i'd like to find more! however there's quite a lot of pretty good stuff, and nestled in it is some extremely good stuff. i haven't heard that much new stuff though, so enlighten me!

so if you could name three eps or lps for me (or anyone else) to check out, that would be fantastic!

anyway, my top 3 are:

dead eros - the life in the world of existence is done

it's so damn good that i'm even considering asking dorian if i could do a limited tdk-90 run. i don't think it's online anymore. but it's the best thing that's ever come out of ekt, in my humblest of opinions...

mosca - acid hooligan

a short lived old skool acid project which is just so good. one track even made its way onto a magazine compilation cd. i'm pretty sure that he's not going to do more acid hooligan stuff, which is a shame...i burnt this to cd and played it in my car, all summer 2005. happy days....

beak - i have friends and i'm not afraid to use them

a remix ep, i can't remember where i downloaded it from, but it kicks ass. mrx's remix is actually probably my favourite, it's like minimal techno glitch stuff...there's a load of gems in here....

so, what should i get?

dead eros - the life in the world of existence is done

it's so damn good that i'm even considering asking dorian if i could do a limited tdk-90 run. i don't think it's online anymore. but it's the best thing that's ever come out of ekt, in my humblest of opinions...

mosca - acid hooligan

a short lived old skool acid project which is just so good. one track even made its way onto a magazine compilation cd. i'm pretty sure that he's not going to do more acid hooligan stuff, which is a shame...i burnt this to cd and played it in my car, all summer 2005. happy days....

beak - i have friends and i'm not afraid to use them

a remix ep, i can't remember where i downloaded it from, but it kicks ass. mrx's remix is actually probably my favourite, it's like minimal techno glitch stuff...there's a load of gems in here....

i dont have that beak remix ep but i sure would like to

acid hooligan is a corker. particularly one track but im not sure which one is which ... stabbings up the high street perhaps

as for LITWOEID - ive heard of this for so long and like his other stuff that i have but ive never got round to this one... looks like i ought to

ill get back to you with the top 3 releases. i can reel off enough single tracks off the top of my head to make a brilliant album or 2 though

Guest margaret thatcher
fieldriqp. sink like a stone

beak, how a hot air balloon works

catholc, onquanique.

honorable mention... encey, i just.

yeah, that encey track is great....i can remember getting it from his zebox, around 2004/05 ish? wonderful track, been used on many compilation cds for friends of mine...

i'll check out the fieldtriqp and catholc stuff, i have beak's "amoral major earwig" ep and it is fantastic. it would make a great 12".

my top 3: the dead eros eps/lps, the denizen/wisp collab album, and the records that grandma/khonnor posted.

"i dont have that beak remix ep but i sure would like to"

i think i have it, so i'll post it here if i find it

fieldtriqp's sink like a stone seems like a favorite... it's definately one of my top 3...

1. emoticon - natual graffitti (i miss this guy... he was the first ekter that i totally dug)

2. fieldtriqp - sink like a stone

3. yan g - hello cruel world (later on became a more suttle version known as unt001)

there are other that comes close that deserves mention:

beak - how a hot air ballon works

brian ellis - that remix he did of blue calx

awkward - the smell of open doors

mosca - summer dress

milieu - in pond

plantre - leviathan (don't know if he posted this on ekt... but it's my fav track of his)

remember the time when mosca made of zip of the top 20 of 2004? there should be one made by someone reliable each year!

shamantasty - i hope you find your non-believer ep (an old release lol azaldo did before he even signed up here.. i dont have it anymore, but i remember it was awesome rdj album style beatery with nice melodies over top.... if anyone knows about this or has it PM me)

wisp - humpelnden beats (im sure you all know this. classic!)

dorian concept - seek when is her (this guy's music always amazes me. awesome cut-ups and production)

miaow miaow hello - nogood (i cant remember how i stumbled across this release, but it's beautiful)

honorable mentions:

anything by od or cma (of course)

dead eros - awareness of being alive created by authenticity (green milk tea ftw)

beak - bishop whitney ep (so good. especially buggy ride and essines hair)

grandma - for your broken heart (i've had this for a couple years now, always come back to it every couple months. nice electronic music)

beneboi - baba yaga e.p (love these beats- nice and crunchy)

aasymm - we are curious yellow (been playing this a lot lately)

space disease - winter twice (goooooooooood)

also, many releases by milieu

so many

Guest Promo
shamantasty - i hope you find your non-believer ep (an old release lol azaldo did before he even signed up here.. i dont have it anymore, but i remember it was awesome rdj album style beatery with nice melodies over top.... if anyone knows about this or has it PM me)

dorian concept - seek when is her (this guy's music always amazes me. awesome cut-ups and production)

miaow miaow hello - nogood (i cant remember how i stumbled across this release, but it's beautiful)

honorable mentions:

anything by od or cma (of course)

dead eros - awareness of being alive created by authenticity (green milk tea ftw)

beak - bishop whitney ep (so good. especially buggy ride and essines hair)

grandma - for your broken heart (i've had this for a couple years now, always come back to it every couple months. nice electronic music)

beneboi - baba yaga e.p (love these beats- nice and crunchy)

aasymm - we are curious yellow (been playing this a lot lately)

space disease - winter twice (goooooooooood)

also, many releases by milieu

so many

Yes, definitely how could I forget Dorian Concept. Prolly fighting for my top 3 all time releases I'd say. And I'll add Pselodux to the list too .... his online album was funkalicious!!

i am probably doing more harm than good by being such a broken record on this issue but i can't say enough ANDRONE - COSMOSTRATA, up for dl on abstractology.com. i mean, it's about space how could it be more electronic music and the textures are so beautiful and eerie. a great mix of fear, wonder and nostalgia.

kcinsu - pyractomena borealis. great longform piece, good mix of classical/modern classical theory with trademark Melodies That Are So Much Better Than Academic Music Melodies. very good give and take with the form. the beginning gets you and you're stuck from then on.

i'm not sure i have another cohesive release but hon. mention to tracks from:

makeup & vanity set

encephala

berestez

beneboi

dead eros

mistigri (the s.s.s.)

ochre

parallax

skytree

. edit - n**A forgot about W.I.S.P

oh plus MRX - LOL01 awesome mix CD. maybe not a "release" per se but i bump this shit all the time.

Guest Promo
what the fuck Fieldtriqp is on watmm? who is he?

Dude posts here under the name Zzz. He makes tunes under the Fieldtriqp name. He is a legend.

i am probably doing more harm than good by being such a broken record on this issue but i can't say enough ANDRONE - COSMOSTRATA, up for dl on abstractology.com. i mean, it's about space how could it be more electronic music and the textures are so beautiful and eerie. a great mix of fear, wonder and nostalgia.

kcinsu - pyractomena borealis. great longform piece, good mix of classical/modern classical theory with trademark Melodies That Are So Much Better Than Academic Music Melodies. very good give and take with the form. the beginning gets you and you're stuck from then on.

i'm not sure i have another cohesive release but hon. mention to tracks from:

makeup & vanity set

encephala

berestez

beneboi

dead eros

mistigri (the s.s.s.)

ochre

parallax

skytree

. edit - n**A forgot about W.I.S.P

oh plus MRX - LOL01 awesome mix CD. maybe not a "release" per se but i bump this shit all the time.

oh yeah... androne/abstractology... great stuff!

Guest margaret thatcher
remember the time when mosca made of zip of the top 20 of 2004? there should be one made by someone reliable each year!

yeah god damn it that comp was amazing...i did a radio set in early 2005 on watmm radio, which was basically most of that list with lots of personal favourites thrown in there...i think i've lost it though, i'll have a look on my old pc.

i'm pretty sure he was called shamantasty on here. well when i joined, there was a user called shamantasty anyway.

and yeah, that wisp release is fucking brilliant. elf magic! hehehe.

it seems like the glory days of ekt was just after i joined, 2004 to 2005...

these are the probably the 3 ekt related releases i have played the most over the years...

wisp - humpelnden beats. my personal favourite wisp album.

eod / impakt / fah - the eap series. 24 eps of warm electrical music. impakt's "billy buck wild wilder" and "squelchy belchy" and EOD's "unirater" and "threshid" are all bona fide classics.

lindrum larry cocopipe - unstarted - 70 odd tracks and sketches that i seem to remember, when your mum spammed this collection, it coming with a disclaimer stating that the tracks were unfinished , some barely even started (hence the title) , and probably none of which ever going on to be fully fleshed out and "finished"... granted there are some weak snippets but there is more quality in here, than most "electronic music" producers could ever shake a skinny wrist at

btw margaret, i have mo's top 20 comp on a disc if you need it uploading.

kaen FTW for hosting all 3 (i think)

Guest margaret thatcher
lindrum larry cocopipe - unstarted - 70 odd tracks and sketches that i seem to remember, when your mum spammed this collection, it coming with a disclaimer stating that the tracks were unfinished , some barely even started (hence the title) , and probably none of which ever going on to be fully fleshed out and "finished"... granted there are some weak snippets but there is more quality in here, than most "electronic music" producers could ever shake a skinny wrist at

btw margaret, i have mo's top 20 comp on a disc if you need it uploading.

kaen FTW for hosting all 3 (i think)

ah yeah, i remember lindrum larry cocopipe...everyone thought he was ceephax. that unstarted comp was actually amazing! i listened to it non-stop for about a week.....there was a track called "guitar piece through a shit mic" or something which i used regularly on a radio show that i did a few years ago. i think he was the same guy who did glaxo bitmash and monkey tennis, under the name of "your mum". i think he got pissed off with the last squarepusher album and left.

and yeah, i'd love that comp! hook a brotha up! :)

edit: i think it would be a great idea if we could sort out a top 20 zip at the end of every year....i don't know how it would work though....

Guest analogue wings

1. EOD / IMPAKT / FAH - EAP Series

2. Chris Moss Acid - The Sub 2

3. Chris Moss Acid - The Sub 1

Archived