IGNORED

Autechre Live in LA. The MP3.

Guest maus

i decided to bootleg the LA autechre show last night to contribute to those who haven't been able to go, or won't be able to go.

it's not a soundboard recording, just me getting within a reasonable distance of the speaker stack at the echoplex and standing as still as possible.

overall not too bad, quality-wise, but due to being in the crowd, there were a few fuckheads who decided to stand directly in front of me, which causes a few dips in high-end here and there, and a bit of odd phasing when people walk in front of me (but that's rare as well.)

also, keep an ear out for the fucking GENIUS who was in front of me in a striped button-down shirt who leans to his friend and says (clear as day in the recording) "well it doesn't sound like autechre, but there's two guys on stage!".

same genius also got very excited when someone started blazing up, and i believe you can hear him say to his friend "dude!!! weed!!!".

other than that, it's the whole show, end-to-end.

enjoy.

Autechre - Live in LA 2008.04.04

love,

c

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks a bunch yo. Best recording so far. I can hear a lot more Quaristice based material in this recording than I could in the other ones.

Oh man - this is FANTASTIC! THANK YOU!

Sound is excellent, show is excellent, just the right amount of "room feel" - could not be better. Thanks again.

Guest rezpeni

Great man thanks for posting this, I was at the show last night it was amazing one of the best performances I've seen them give.

Guest maoam

wow thanks.

sounds way different to berlin. definitely i'd say every gig on the tour is going to be a unique experience.

glad everyone is enjoying it!

to answer a few questions:

recorded with my sony pcm-d50. i had the korg mr-1 and i've played around with the zoom, but the sony has the best frequency response of all of them - that is to say it seems to be the most even. the mics are pretty decent (as you can tell). not to mention that i recorded last night's show in addition to about 2 hours of other stuff and i'm still on the first set of AA batteries (in fact the battery meter has yet to go down one bar.)

i can throw together a flac version in the next couple of days, although it'll be in the 300-400 MB range so i might torrent it if that's the case. the original .wav file is 24/96 but for this type of program material, the VBR mp3 file is probably not noticeably different. remember these are club PA speakers being recorded by mid-grade condenser mics. not exactly discrete. =)

the bankoflosangeles domain is actually mine, and actually has nothing to do with a bank. bankoflosangeles.com is taken by a spam portal mafaka, otherwise i'd have that too. no particular reason, but it's what i use to host my digital resume, etc. it gets loads of comments from everyone i give my card to, so it's memorable i guess!

the show was pretty cool. still think it's odd that these guys play entirely different material live than what's on their albums. but there we are.

enjoi!

c

glad everyone is enjoying it!

to answer a few questions:

recorded with my sony pcm-d50. i had the korg mr-1 and i've played around with the zoom, but the sony has the best frequency response of all of them - that is to say it seems to be the most even. the mics are pretty decent (as you can tell). not to mention that i recorded last night's show in addition to about 2 hours of other stuff and i'm still on the first set of AA batteries (in fact the battery meter has yet to go down one bar.)

i can throw together a flac version in the next couple of days, although it'll be in the 300-400 MB range so i might torrent it if that's the case. the original .wav file is 24/96 but for this type of program material, the VBR mp3 file is probably not noticeably different. remember these are club PA speakers being recorded by mid-grade condenser mics. not exactly discrete. =)

the bankoflosangeles domain is actually mine, and actually has nothing to do with a bank. bankoflosangeles.com is taken by a spam portal mafaka, otherwise i'd have that too. no particular reason, but it's what i use to host my digital resume, etc. it gets loads of comments from everyone i give my card to, so it's memorable i guess!

the show was pretty cool. still think it's odd that these guys play entirely different material live than what's on their albums. but there we are.

enjoi!

c

Archived