IGNORED

cap.iv

Fredd-E

wow yr a homo.

Gantz graf is amazing. Cap IV is eleven out of ten .

I love how people confuse, "I don't like it" with "it sucks". Actually, I don't love it at all.

Edited by Rook

• 1 month later...
I love it how this track rattles like hell and even has an increasing rattle-effect towards the end. Gantz Graf!

Needs more appreciation?!

Well I just heard this track for the first time last night. Didn't realise what was brewing for the second half until i was bang in the middle of it. This was...perhaps.. one of my most intense ae listening experiences. Partly cuz I was listening to it at a MUCH louder than usual volume. Pure undiluted ultra violence. Has AE ever played this stuff on tour? I'm actually working slowly through the entire AE discography in chronological order. A recommended approach...

Dial is quite similar to IO in nature, i like it.

the whole ep is nice because its so chaotic yet so organized at the same time.

the crying voices in Dial scare the SHIT out of me though

Edited by thehauntingsoul

i played this when i djayed at a boutique in south pasadena a few years ago... one of my friends said it sounded like a thousand popcorn machines at once... the owner of the boutique told me not to play that track at her store again... miss that store... they closed down shortly after i moved!

Guest Enter a new display name

Since I purchased Gantz Graf around 1-2 months ago, it quickly became one of my favorite Autechre releases. I can listen to this wonderful EP every day without getting sick of it.

Edited by Enter a new display name

Guest vodor

i always thought that cap.iv was a whole lot like lentic catachresis. practically a remix. it's lentic with harsh squeeks and gut-punches rather than ticks and hisses.

right down to the slow chords, chopped up vocals, and of course the acceleration into insanity.

am i right? i've tried to say this before, and people are like "eh whatever," but i think it's blatant.

i always thought that cap.iv was a whole lot like lentic catachresis. practically a remix. it's lentic with harsh squeeks and gut-punches rather than ticks and hisses.

right down to the slow chords, chopped up vocals, and of course the acceleration into insanity.

am i right? i've tried to say this before, and people are like "eh whatever," but i think it's blatant.

i see that, cap iv being the evil twin from a parallel universe.

Guest Goum Le Chat

Cap.IV is still my fav Ae tune. As a mate says, the 4 last minutes are like an orgasm.

Edited by Goum Le Chat

• 3 months later...
Guest Randolph Carter

DAMN! You are correct sir!

After just listening to them both, (just the ends) ,I totally agree with you. They sound incredibly similar yet a little different toward the end.

love the piano notes / melody around 4'30'' and on, or whatever it is.

also, the song is best when played at 33 and the mids turned all the way down..... or something like that. i forget, but one way is fukin ace

the whole ep is probably the purest form of what autechres music is and can be.

i agree. 3 amazing songs. not to mention how freaking cool the video for gantz graf is.

• 7 years later...