IGNORED

drukqs

Guest the televisor

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
as far as i can remember squarepusher has been doing interludes or excerpts w/e the fuck you wanna call them since Big Loada, although he went a bit overboard on Selection Sixteen. every other song is 30 secs - 1 min.

Interludes have existed long before Aphex. Life is one big interlude.

fag

My main problem with Drukqs is the amount of silence used at the end of the tracks. This was understandable on SAW2, but on tracks like these it's just annoying.

There is around 8 seconds of silence at the end of most tracks, and a total of 4:38 of fucking silence!

WHY??

Guest Calx Sherbet

rdj falling asleep at the end of the song, then forgetting to hit the ''stop recording button''

btw, drukqs rokqs

btw, drukqs rokqs

Only on Cock/10 and afx 237 v7, which I didn't count as silence.

4:38 is actually longer than 20 of the 30 tracks on Drukqs.

Guest Kenneth172
oh and by the way, i'm richard d. james

When I first sent a demo to Rephlex back in about 93 while I was still at Uni. I spoke to Grant on the phone and he said you liked one of the tracks which you said sounded "Quothy". That was Grant who said that so I know you have listened to it. Grant had also mentioned visiting me as I lived in Harrow at the time which wasn't too far away from Rephlex HQ. The other demo I sent which sounded very similar to stuff on SAW II (this demo was sent before the release of SAWII), Grant said "wasn't accessible"... The 'interludes' which were on demo tape 3 (under the 'Blok Hed' pseudonym) which I sent in about 95 and 'Maph' or 'Matt' whoever it was who I spoke to on the phone said that the tape had gone missing, send another. So I did. You tell me what happened then, Richard.

oh and by the way, i'm richard d. james

When I first sent a demo to Rephlex back in about 93 while I was still at Uni. I spoke to Grant on the phone and he said you liked one of the tracks which you said sounded "Quothy". That was Grant who said that so I know you have listened to it. Grant had also mentioned visiting me as I lived in Harrow at the time which wasn't too far away from Rephlex HQ. The other demo I sent which sounded very similar to stuff on SAW II (this demo was sent before the release of SAWII), Grant said "wasn't accessible"... The 'interludes' which were on demo tape 3 (under the 'Blok Hed' pseudonym) which I sent in about 95 and 'Maph' or 'Matt' whoever it was who I spoke to on the phone said that the tape had gone missing, send another. So I did. You tell me what happened then, Richard.

yeah... no lol... :cry:

Guest Dirty Protest

Kenneth, im concerned. If this is a wind up its not as good as the war of the worlds, but what is. If you believe what youre typing you really should go see a doctor and try and get these 'issues' sorted out.

Guest Kenneth172
Kenneth, im concerned. If this is a wind up its not as good as the war of the worlds, but what is. If you believe what youre typing you really should go see a doctor and try and get these 'issues' sorted out.

What 'issues'? This is not a wind up and I don't care if nobody believes me, I don't expect anybody to believe me on this forum anyway. What I wrote is factual. And I bet I'm not the only person whose sent demo's to labels only to hear 'similarities' in stuff released later on.

Well, if this is true, he might be doing this a lot more than we thought...

Could this be the secret to Richard D James's success???

Guest AOOproductions
ultravisitor is better than druqks IMO

lol... suuuuuuurrrrrre......

at any rate. drukqs MAY be my favorite album of all time. i dunno.

Ultravistor wishes it was Drukqs

What 'issues'? This is not a wind up and I don't care if nobody believes me, I don't expect anybody to believe me on this forum anyway. What I wrote is factual. And I bet I'm not the only person whose sent demo's to labels only to hear 'similarities' in stuff released later on.

prove it, it's the only way you can make us B-LEEV

Guest Kenneth172

Possibly. Who knows?

Guest hahathhat

i've heard all sorts of nasty rumors like that about RDJ - he paid someone to bend something then said he did it, they didn't give a shit 'cos they got paid for it. i try not to pass that stuff around, though, as i have no idea what the reality is.

instead, i prefer to traffic in the more silly, day-brightening rumors flying around. did you know richard d. james is a fantastic juggler?

Possibly. Who knows?

Kenneth, well you know, "proof or it didn't happen"

Guest Kenneth172
i've heard all sorts of nasty rumors like that about RDJ - he paid someone to bend something then said he did it, they didn't give a shit 'cos they got paid for it. i try not to pass that stuff around, though, as i have no idea what the reality is.

instead, i prefer to traffic in the more silly, day-brightening rumors flying around. did you know richard d. james is a fantastic juggler?

There's already plenty of threads on this forum for that sort of thing.

As I said, I sent various demo's to Rephlex then later on spotted similarities from my some of my tracks in his releases. In specific cases, the similarities were uncanny. It's not my intention to spread 'nasty rumors' (spelt 'rumours' in England) but given that the man is so highly regarded as some kind of mozart-like prodigy or saviour of electronic music, this perceived exploitation of ideas then him taking all the credit is very worrying and it's an injustice. Rephlex must have received a lot of demo's over the years. One wonders if this has served as an audio scrapbook as such for Aphex's own work. Either way, I respect Aphex for what he's achieved, but how would you feel if you thought someone had nicked your ideas and took all the credit for it?

The vast majority of my early recordings were all on tapes/DATs. I'll dig out the original recordings and hopefully post a few audio snippets. I understand why people will find this hard to believe until they hear the similarities for themselves, but this is certainly no joke.

Guest hahathhat

yeah, well, this thread is purportedly about drukqs, yet here we are discussing rumors about integrity.

if you're that good, mr. kenneth

1) release something and put mr. james to shame

2) if you can't compete because he rips off a lot of people, do the same and beat him that way

3) STOP WHINING

Guest Kenneth172

I know this thread was about drukqs, if you read back through the posts you'll see that the 'interludes' were discussed which was my cue about the demo I sent to Rephlex containing exceedingly similar interludes.

And don't tell me to stop whining, I wasn't whining. I didn't say I was 'that good' either. Chill the fuck out mate.

My main problem with Drukqs is the amount of silence used at the end of the tracks. This was understandable on SAW2, but on tracks like these it's just annoying.

There is around 8 seconds of silence at the end of most tracks, and a total of 4:38 of fucking silence!

WHY??

best parts are the ending hums from the machines, IMHO. especially taking control when each layer gets taken out one by one (and afx v7)

Guest hahathhat
I know this thread was about drukqs, if you read back through the posts you'll see that the 'interludes' were discussed which was my cue about the demo I sent to Rephlex containing exceedingly similar interludes.

And don't tell me to stop whining, I wasn't whining. I didn't say I was 'that good' either. Chill the fuck out mate.

if i were any more chilled i'd be at absolute zero - you're the one trying to make a case

all i'm really saying is it's not nice to badmouth someone that isn't here to respond

would still like to hear these tidbits.

• 6 months later...

There's already plenty of threads on this forum for that sort of thing.

As I said, I sent various demo's to Rephlex then later on spotted similarities from my some of my tracks in his releases. In specific cases, the similarities were uncanny. It's not my intention to spread 'nasty rumors' (spelt 'rumours' in England) but given that the man is so highly regarded as some kind of mozart-like prodigy or saviour of electronic music, this perceived exploitation of ideas then him taking all the credit is very worrying and it's an injustice. Rephlex must have received a lot of demo's over the years. One wonders if this has served as an audio scrapbook as such for Aphex's own work. Either way, I respect Aphex for what he's achieved, but how would you feel if you thought someone had nicked your ideas and took all the credit for it?

The vast majority of my early recordings were all on tapes/DATs. I'll dig out the original recordings and hopefully post a few audio snippets. I understand why people will find this hard to believe until they hear the similarities for themselves, but this is certainly no joke.

You know, I think i believe you actually. Not that aphex isn't less talented in my eyes, because evrything he does has such a signature sound. but I wouldn't be suprised if he used demos to think of new directions and ideas.

He has said in interviews he didn't want to release his most unique ground breaking stuff because he was afraid of people stealing his ideas. Well, its my opinion that people worry most about things they would do themselves.

Archived