IGNORED

Download Manager Release:Autechre - leaked Max MSP patch used in EP7 era.zip

Guest KarakasaMusic

I made a track using this patch for one of my side projects. You can check it out here:

http://www.myspace.com/tchrite

It's the one called "SDS2". You can hear the acid sounds this patch creates in the track.

what im hearing in this SDS2 track is the patch doing about 90% of everything in this song with some ambience you have added on top.

Im sorry to be harsh but you shouldn't really be saying 'i made a track using this patch' , its more like you let the patch play by itself hit record and called it a track. i guess this is the negative side of spreading around these patches on the net, people will just hit play on them record it and call it one of their own.

glad you guys are having fun playing with it

Guest Gardenia
I made a track using this patch for one of my side projects. You can check it out here:

It's the one called "SDS2". You can hear the acid sounds this patch creates in the track.

what im hearing in this SDS2 track is the patch doing about 90% of everything in this song with some ambience you have added on top.

Im sorry to be harsh but you shouldn't really be saying 'i made a track using this patch' , its more like you let the patch play by itself hit record and called it a track. i guess this is the negative side of spreading around these patches on the net, people will just hit play on them record it and call it one of their own.

Ouch!

Ouch!

im actually liking your other music on this myspace page, i just think its dishonest to present that particular track as your own work

Guest Gardenia
im actually liking your other music on this myspace page, i just think its dishonest to present that particular track as your own work

I understand you point, but I dont think i'm being dishonoest. Is it because the patch was created by Autechre? I'm not hiding that I used the patch to create it....I don't see the difference between using this patch to create sounds vs. manipulating a preset on a drum machine. I am still working within the confines of the parameters defined by the workspace to create a sound. I'm sure I could probably dive deeper into and make it more "my own" but I don't think i'm being dishonest. I'm just using this specific tool to do what it is designed for on a surface level, much like many of the acid artists in the early 90's used the TB-303 for doing what it obviously could do.

Is it because the patch was created by Autechre? I'm not hiding that I used the patch to create it....I don't see the difference between using this patch to create sounds vs. manipulating a preset on a drum machine.

i guess this comparison can be made if the 'preset' you are manipulating on the said drum machine is one of its demo songs. Using the patch to create sounds is one thing, but i can hear the snare bass drums and the acid sounds, 3 major components of this patch all going at the same time. And i would argue this patch is much more of a real-time generative song than a 'patch' on a keyboard, piece of hardware or drum machine.

there are a lot of 'patches' these days that i would just never consider using because they are almost made to serve as demonstrations. For example Absynth 4 has some presets that when you hold down a key on the keyboard they sound like fully fleshed out ambient songs, would you feel comfortable using one like that in a song of yours? I personally would not.

i dont know why i even made this point in the first place, everyone is going to have a different idea on what defines something as their own work or not

Guest DavBrav

I have to say, I see GBIII's point here. But I'm not going to debate that, as it's a long road of grey areas. Suffice it to say, it shows pretty clearly in the track that you were working with something unfamiliar. It sounds like you just let the patch play out, then threw some ambient textures on top of it for good measures. First off, dynamically, the percussion (from the patch) is just getting drowned out by the pads. Second, your other tracks sound a lot better, when it's clear that you were in control of this. "SDS2" just sounds like a hurricane of sound that doesn't know what to do with itself.

I don't think it really matters, where you derive your inspiration from. But in this case, the result sounds like you're just trying to shove the patch into being one of your tracks. I guess I just don't see the point.

i also think it's dishonest to present your own work as someone else's.

just sayin.

ill concede that. and its probably also dishonest that i made this patch available in the first place

Guest Enter a new display name

just sayin.

Therefore sampling is wrong.

Guest vodor

just sayin.

READ MORE CAREFULLY

Guest Gardenia

just sayin.

I think he's referring to the Untilted fake.

Guest the televisor

i cant find any patch called ae_fun_powmodn03 in the download from here :S could you send

• 9 years later...

File Name: Autechre - leaked Max MSP patch used in EP7 era.zip

File Submitter: CATS

File Submitted: 29 Apr 2008

File Category: Autechre

Autechre - leaked Max MSP patch used in EP7 era.zip

music creation software patch

Click here to download this file

is this patch still up? I'm just getting a Flac file of a live concert when I try and download.

• 2 years later...

Music Has A Right To Children Clones

Kinda funny to see this old thread though. I can see how this was probably mystical back in 2008. Here in 2020 you just go to YouTube and watch a 5 minute tutorial to get 90% of the way there.

Archived