IGNORED

WNSN

goonstock

Guest moo duck

this is fucking genius.

symbolizes my TrOUblE with quaristice, i don't like rhythm section and its choice of sounds at all, but i don't know.

Guest Enter a new display name
My favorite track off quaristice

It's my least favorite off Quaristice, to be honest. I like WNSN but I don't see what's so awesome about it.

I forgive them for all other tracks on Quaristice when I give the first track a listen. Not that the others are all bad mind you.

The ambient tracks are good mostly, including WNSN.

Edited by Berk

sorry to go off topic abit, but i had perlence in my head at work the other day... i walked around all intense like!

Guest Jacck

do you think it's too early for a Quaristice best to worst thread? I think it'd be quite interesting.

Guest FDR

It's my least favorite off Quaristice, to be honest. I like WNSN but I don't see what's so awesome about it.

For me its the parallel between the drums and the distorted ambient pad. The crashing metal/waves layered in also make a nice touch and give the track a unique atmosphere. Some of the sounds are also pretty similar to "furthur" off amber which I also really like. But hey, to each his own

Mine too, I love the way the percussion adopts tonality and forms some sort of chroniced out chill yet paranoid vibe. I usually skip the first minute or so however

Guest nsixqatsi

I think 90101-5l-l through WNSN is my favorite part of Quaristice to be listening to while driving.

The road gets real smoothlike.

Edited by nsixqatsi

Oh man I love WNSN sooooooo much...

God damn, I am hooked on Quaristice. To start off with I was kind of confused, like I digged some individual tracks but didn't feel the flow. But after some long walks in the woods whilst listening, I started to finally understand it's logic.

This album is a narrative. It tells an abstract story, based on moods and textures. It is also very visual, and I always have this movie in my head of intense machine operating in a synchronized way to each track...

To get the idea of quaristice, go out into isolated areas where humans aren't in charge. Like a wild forest perhaps, where nature rules. Listening to Outh9x while sitting amongst black spruces and moss, I almost feel like this is the music of the trees.....s.s.s...s.s.s......s..s.s...s.s.s...s..ssssss.....

• Like 1

Guest Enter a new display name
perhaps i'll try this... there are many forrests where i live... there is one down the street!

What about lakes? I see lakes every 100m at Orlando on Google Maps.

that too... i was at a lake today! there's this one i've been meaning to go to and take pics at... there's a few trees that have some crazy mossy things growing from them. it makes them look like tripped out weeping willows!

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

Really interesting track, drums and pads fit perfectly toghether, like in outh9x or simmm.

One of my favourite tracks since I first listened to it on the wire preview..

• 2 weeks later...

i can see how people wouldn't like the whiny sort of synth that is present throughout the song, but the drums and rhythm, the way that whooshing noise becomes a super slick rhythm a few minutes in. If you like AE's music how could you not like this track?

that being said i love each and every single autechre track

• 9 years later...

Yeah that stereo difference is pretty crazy. I think I mostly tune out during this track, hearing it that way is enlightening. The short fluttery flute sound is really quite nice and very much buried in the full track. Tracks of theirs like this really seem to me like they're designed for close listening and for revealing themselves after years of re-listens.