IGNORED

new autechre may 19th

chaosmachine

i think its something you grow out of..I use to be heavy pot smoker for 15 years and havent done any drugs for about 2 years ...and I dont missit either. I still enjoy music

Id be real suprised if Afx and Vibert are out of it everyday

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kenneth172

Why would you think that? Just because they make tracks that sounds like they were on drugs when they made it doesn't necessarily mean they take drugs by default. If anything they're gonna fuck up your concentration and the tracks will sound bollocks.

Why would you think that? Just because they make tracks that sounds like they were on drugs when they made it doesn't necessarily mean they take drugs by default. If anything they're gonna fuck up your concentration and the tracks will sound bollocks.

I tried to program a track whilst on acid and i just ended up looking at the flashing lights :-)

i dont but their interviews give the impression that they are out of it all the time, well vibert does

Guest maddestmax
I just look around in the society and ask myself - who uses drugs? where does the drugs get them? how do drugusers look/act/evolve? do I want to be a part of the drug using community? do I like what drugs creates of the people around me?

this does sound a bit over the top. no?

i'm not talking about using everyday, or having to get high to listen to tunes.

i just know so many people that talk about substances and their effects without any own experience.

the biochemical situation in our brain that sets up reality as we know it is just one of many colors.

thats all i'm saying.

My point wasn't about the idea of taking drugs and listening to music. I'm fine with that - it's your choice. I was really just pointing out that big name guys like Ae can put quite bland stuff out sometimes, and people will do anything to try and 'get it', including using drugs. However, if a new artist's tunes don't grab folk immediately, they're quite often dismissed pretty quickly. They don't get people making themselves 'learn' to like their music, or people getting high to help appreciate it. It's just given up on. But then again, I suppose Autechre have proven themselves with some fabulous music over the years, so maybe I have no point after all. It's just that I find this new stuff really, really sub-par, and I believe that if any other artist had put material out like this, this they'd have been completely ignored. :)

I tried to program a track whilst on acid and i just ended up looking at the flashing lights :-)

i dont but their interviews give the impression that they are out of it all the time, well vibert does

Yeah Aphex says he doesn't normally.

Vibert says getting high helps him concentrate on tweaking fiddly little details in a track for hours on end.

Guest Tankakern
new artists put out good stuff. sure.

but i don't get what so many peoples problem is with smoking grass/hash, or taking drugs in general and listening to music.

it rocks. i understand that some people dont tolerate drugs that well, which is fine.

but many are afraid of changing their state of mind and call being sober the best without knowing shit.

This is exactly not what i am saying. It isn't a question, in a general sense, about whether or not somebody tolerates drug use. That is a whole other thread––a whole other board even. What i am talking about is something specific: people who post constantly go on about about such and such track by such and such is much better while being fucked. Its just a personal thing really, it really irritates me. Its like that person, whoever it might be, doesn't have a real passion for the music––but thats not even it––its hard to articulate really.

RDJ said he's never on drugs when he makes music

interesting, ive heard in interviews hes done that while he was touring around playing in the little kiddy plastic house he was totally fucked on hash and alchohol the entire time.

Guest Kenneth172

They'll have been trying to make themselves look cool like "I made that track after drinking 20 pints", makes 'em think they're heroes, and people fall for it.

They'll have been trying to make themselves look cool like "I made that track after drinking 20 pints", makes 'em think they're heroes, and people fall for it.

It's not big and it's not clever.

Guest moo duck

RDJ was just joking all the time, many of his interviews (well i've seen a couple) are media equivalent to Windowlicker video for MTV

What do I think of Quaristice.Quadrangeep.ae?

I reckon it's awright. Not bad. Some tracks are better than others. I fucking love the first 2 mins of Plc ccc. Track 7 is fucking immense, been listenin to it while cycling, theres so much detail under the suface workin under the restraints of the bangin repetative beat. Took me five listens to get ino it. Fucking brilliant track. All i could hear for for the first few listens was the repetative beat. Crank it up on the speakers, immense. Deffo my fave track on that EP.

my utmost fave on this is perlence subrange 3... took the minimal parts of the original and made an entire track of those parts... awesome!

9010171-121 is another favorite!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived