Sign in to follow this  
Guest zaphod

polynomial c

for me it's that scene in futurama where fry briefly achieves a higher state of existence after consuming 100 cups of coffee in 2 days

Guest Sir Winston

I see planets being rotated around like in channel 5 way, but not rubbish. Also ninjas fighting on them.

one of those early aphex things everyone loves but i'm not so into... along with 'on' and 'on the romance tip' etc...

*ducks*

Guest nuane
like i said in ekt forum, what is the breakbeat used in this? it was also used in one of the race courses in super monkey ball 2.

The breakbeat is pitched up version of track A4 (Dopejam) from Simon Harris - Beats, Breaks & Scratches volume 3. http://www.discogs.com/release/102849 I have the CD version (double cd of Volume 3 & 4).

Guest maddestmax
i imagine an aerial dogfight when i listen to this song...something epic.

for years i imagined a dogfight scene in anime kind of comic style for vordhosbn.

this is very interesting. for me. :confused:

Guest Dirty Protest

Its my ringtone.

Guest Calx Sherbet

polynomial-C is everything good about aphex twin rolled into a perfect song

Guest Pirtek
the whole classics cd is fucking awesome!

Agreed! :aphexsign:

one of those early aphex things everyone loves but i'm not so into... along with 'on' and 'on the romance tip' etc...

*ducks*

*knees you in face*

...and i love flaphead which no-one else likes

*ducks again*

Guest Calx Sherbet

i do

Guest Synthacat 9
like i said in ekt forum, what is the breakbeat used in this? it was also used in one of the race courses in super monkey ball 2.

The breakbeat is pitched up version of track A4 (Dopejam) from Simon Harris - Beats, Breaks & Scratches volume 3. http://www.discogs.com/release/102849 I have the CD version (double cd of Volume 3 & 4).

Thank you!!! repect~

so any chance we could get a wav of this breakbeat? anyone? i'm not buying a cd for one breakbeat damnit.

Guest Helper ET

when he said "pitched up", did he mean the sample pitched up like, the pitch and tempo go up, or the pitch goes up but the tempo stays the same?

both. there's a sample of the break online somewhere, but it's a low bitrate sample.

Guest nuane

when he said "pitched up", did he mean the sample pitched up like, the pitch and tempo go up, or the pitch goes up but the tempo stays the same?

Yep, both. I'm moving to another house at the moment, so unfortunately I don't have any time to put a good WAV sample online now.

reminds me of a road trip around the burren on a blazing hot summer's day with my mates back when classics first came out

this is what the burren looks like:

burren.jpg

perfect landscape to listen to this song in

I love this thread, polynomial c and super monkey ball 2 love all in one thread. Awesome

for me it's that scene in futurama where fry briefly achieves a higher state of existence after consuming 100 cups of coffee in 2 days

true dat :laughing:

Guest Calx Sherbet
- play tamphex (hedphuq mix) to your Gran

- write "aphex twin is in a bin" on a piece of wood and throw it at your Dad

- listen to ktpa pt.1 upside down

- listen to ktpa pt.2 diagonally

- burn everything you own whilst listening to Funny Little Man

- electrocute yourself to Windowlicker

- varnish your face

any will do

whenever i hear this i imagine a really sleek car commercial for a badass convertible with Alec Baldwin narrating.

Cathartically cried to this song a few min ago. Hello

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

still gets me, epic timeless track. real treat that it was played at Day for night in Houston TX, very thankful for that as well

• Like 1

some more healing:)

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

• Like 1