IGNORED

Ziggomatic

Guest Moebius

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I remember reading an interview with him years ago where he said Ziggomatic was created with one free hand while he wanked with the other one. The title is probably inspired by this process.

You are right about the interview, Pulse magazine (Tower Record publication) December 2001.

interview done via e-mail:

Pulse: Which of the new tracks was most difficult to complete and why?

James: Ziggomatic was the hardest to complete as I set myself a goal of only writing bits for it while masturbating, its reasonably difficult as long as there are not too many keyboard shortcuts involved.

I love this shit, brilliant.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 years later...

i love this track too, but i dont know why this track gets so much more praise than fenix funk. or any other track, yes, but i feel fenix funk doesnt get talked about enough (if we are going to talk about tracks at all). so much inventive stuff in fenix hat i feel really broke new ground

i love this track too, but i dont know why this track gets so much more praise than fenix funk. or any other track, yes, but i feel fenix funk doesnt get talked about enough (if we are going to talk about tracks at all). so much inventive stuff in fenix hat i feel really broke new ground

Ye Fenix is great. Good all round track..... XMD5a takes out the best acid line ever.. always makes me do squidgy acid noises with my mouth.

But a few months back I decided that Ziggo is aphex's masterpiece. Fucking sublime all the way through. That 4x powerful kick is mad cool. always boost the bass on that part. its so dang aggressive. and how it all winds down at the end.. a real journey indeed chap. fucking lush. thank u for ur attention, bye always put a smile on my face. legend.

cant wait 4 the next album. hopefully he makes a ziggomatic 18 or something. would be legit!! this song is the climax of rdj

Archived