IGNORED

Perlence Subrange 6-36

thehauntingsoul

Personally, I would have paid $40 for an hour long album of VI Scose Poise

Holy shit. We spoke, they listened. Elseq was born.
Lol but nothing on elseq is as good as VI Scose Poise.

Personally, all of Elseq 4 at least > VI Scose Poise.

• 3 months later...

IIRC I've posted this in other Ae threadz, but this always struck me as the inspiration for this track:

6-36 is dece 'n all but the above cannot be improved upon

(tl:dr)  I drive a hyundai wagon that for some unknown reason the stock stereo has amazing sub-bass response, through which I discovered there's a subtle pulse under that R&S track that I didn't know existed,changing the entire complexion of the track.

• Like 2

For sure, but Imprint is one of the peak R&S tracks that got 17 closing mins on their best CD comp and 6-36 is a digitally released sidestep of Ae, the third echelon of Quaristice releases and basically B-side of a B-side

• 2 years later...
On 1/24/2012 at 12:02 PM, beer badger said:

Agreed.

As for the 6-36 track, if I have it playing in the right circumstances, I find it impossible to turn off. Weirdly sonicly addictive

Here, here.

On 2/9/2017 at 3:56 PM, hello spiral said:

the first few pages of this thread jesuschrist  :cerious:  :facepalm:  :catsob:  :psyduck:  :mcgriff:

I was reading them, expecting a post from you at some point along the lines of "STFU you ridiculous whiners"

On 2/10/2017 at 3:57 AM, Rotwang said:

Love this track so much. It's like an ambient Music for 18 Musicians.

❤️Perlence Subrange 6-36   ❤️Music for 18 Musicians

• Like 1

subrange 6-36 is timeless classic status to me now. I listen to it every day, usually when I've just woken up. It's a perfect soundtrack for slowly coming back to full consciousness, like a deep sea diver rising to the surface.

1 hour ago, eczem said:

I was reading them, expecting a post from you at some point along the lines of "STFU you ridiculous whiners"

lol, thems was my lurking days :fear:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

subrange 6-36 is timeless classic status to me now. I listen to it every day, usually when I've just woken up. It's a perfect soundtrack for slowly coming back to full consciousness, like a deep sea diver rising to the surface.

Those were the days.

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

On 6/18/2017 at 4:43 AM, BobDobalina said:

IIRC I've posted this in other Ae threadz, but this always struck me as the inspiration for this track:

(tl:dr)  I drive a hyundai wagon that for some unknown reason the stock stereo has amazing sub-bass response, through which I discovered there's a subtle pulse under that R&S track that I didn't know existed,changing the entire complexion of the track.

How have I not heard this before?

3 hours ago, hello spiral said:

I knew one day ill find a person that likes it even more than I do

that imprint track is really good and very much in that 6-36 field of ideas...would be very surprised if AE weren't sorta calling back to that track as an influence with 6-36, at least nodding towards it?

man this is a great track

also what's with the little tag at the end? is it anything in particular? like 10 seconds of audio sorta reappears then goes away, in that last minute or so of 'silence' at the end.

Edited by auxien

13 minutes ago, auxien said:

man this is a great track

also what's with the little tag at the end? is it anything in particular? like 10 seconds of audio sorta reappears then goes away, in that last minute or so of 'silence' at the end.

oh yeah i loooove that little sound mystery at the end. and all those almost subliminal vocal samples underneath affect my mind differently every time i listen to it. magical! 

perlence subrange 3 is closest to 6-36 and who knows how perlence subrange 6 sounds like.... 

perlence subrange 3 is very nice but sounds so much like 6-36 that it's sorta distracting i guess.....but honestly i think perlence losid is my fave of the weirder perlences....maybe of all of them? idk. losid doesn't get enough love imo, i always groove hard to it. 6-36 is great tho obv...those vocal snippets and the other sounds are hidden J U S T right in the mix...real testament to sid and barry's mixing and production skills. anyway there's a lot of great perlences and i guess that's what matters? 6-36 is the fuckin' killer king tho no doubt. 

it took me a while to get into the quar/quad stuff but i definitely did and it's one of their standouts because of its unique approach and release... there's shades of it in the NTS stuff for sure, but i'm gonna say it again (sorry): would love to see them working with some hardware again soon, at least a little? textures here and on a lot of the weirder hardware stuff are really amazing and rich and varied and (imo obv) the Max-only stuff just doesn't capture that same....magic?

anyway. 6-36 is fuckin' massive and beautiful and i think it deserves an award or something

• Like 1

i doubt it has anything to do with 6-36 but 6-36 reminded me of this masterpiece, again... also, it's like a midpoint between perlence subrange 3 and all end in the last third

Edited by xox
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, mcbpete said:

That's one of my favourite tracks of all time - Can't remember what lovely person introduced me to the track on here but .... Wow what a track !

? It was probably me ?

• Like 1