IGNORED

Perlence Subrange 6-36

thehauntingsoul

I know its not out yet but I thought that it deserved its own thread. What is everyone thinking?

Personally I'm expecting a nice long Perlence jam that includes all of the elements we've heard so far, but tons of completely new stuff a la Plclcpc

Sorry but thats the biggest shit i ve ever seen , its a loop that goes for 53 min. , i think they forgot to press the "stop recording " button.

bah

Guest maddestmax
Seems like a bit of a pisstake really. I wonder if they seriously think it's good, or if it's a joke?

who cares what they think. do you like it?

can you judge ae music this quick?

Guest maldoror

i fired it up, and can tell it's going to be great music to read to, to do homework to, and to listen to other music too...

i like it so far, but then again i also really liked their stuff with hafler trio, and other ae fans i know couldn't stand those two releases

at least the hafler trio stuff had VARIETY, wtf is this shit. I wish i had not made a thread for this garbage track

Double dutch for them tricking us with the 4:00 track length

Edited by thehauntingsoul

Guest Enter a new display name

Take this, you liveset fanboys! We all knew they would never release their live material. :angry:

Take this, you liveset fanboys! We all knew they would never release their live material. :angry:

if they wont release it then someone is going to have to steal it, trample over that british little bitch whos like 'thats very bad wha you doing thatis illegal'

Guest maldoror

which makes sense, since you can find all sorts of their live material... well, here. and other sites.

guess people just like the official stamp on live releases. some of the material available here sounds pretty durn good.

Guest maldoror

if they wont release it then someone is going to have to steal it, trample over that british little bitch whos like 'thats very bad wha you doing thatis illegal'

would have sworn, years ago, i read an interview where sean was pretty much well saying they didn't care if people stole their music. he said something to the effect of "we already have all the money we'll ever need."

guess folks CAN change their minds... and i guess with torrents, etc. file "sharing" is everywhere, so maybe they noticed a dent in their bottom line.

Guest telikan

This is the only one I'm downloading because nothing else sounded interesting/different/radical enough to listen to.

Guest telikan

Well everything else was just like 'yeah it's some tracks'. I'd rather hear the one that people are angry about, and signifies some sort of departure from the other like 4.5 hours of new AE this year.

i definately have to say on second review, i thoroughly enjoy subrange 6-36

it is genius, its fantastic! See I went out and smoked 2 good bowls, and when I came in I decided to see if subrange was good enough to calm my anger at its failure to be a massive perlence jam.

Its absolutely incredible if you listen to it fully knowing it is a drawn out ambient track.

I wish i had not spoken so soon about its failure. From now on I will make no assumptions about autechre's music before I listen to it.

I pray forgiveness to the Perlence god

• Like 1

Guest maldoror
i See I went out and smoked 2 good bowls, and when I came in I decided to see if subrange was good enough to calm my anger at its failure to be a massive perlence jam.

and people say drugs are bad

i definately have to say on second review, i thoroughly enjoy subrange 6-36

it is genius, its fantastic! See I went out and smoked 2 good bowls, and when I came in I decided to see if subrange was good enough to calm my anger at its failure to be a massive perlence jam.

Its absolutely incredible if you listen to it fully knowing it is a drawn out ambient track.

I wish i had not spoken so soon about its failure. From now on I will make no assumptions about autechre's music before I listen to it.

I pray forgiveness to the Perlence god

lol, its going to take a lot more than 2 bowels to get me to listen to this track in full

would have sworn, years ago, i read an interview where sean was pretty much well saying they didn't care if people stole their music. he said something to the effect of "we already have all the money we'll ever need."

guess folks CAN change their minds... and i guess with torrents, etc. file "sharing" is everywhere, so maybe they noticed a dent in their bottom line.

my quaristice live set 'embarassing cause its too mainstream sounding' theory i think is still very much valid. Autechre dont want to do anything too normal because they are afraid to , so instead they'd rather shit out some 'abstract' jams and call it a day while hiding their amazing 2008 quaristice live set in the shadows.

• Facepalm 1

I wish I could enjoy this track like I've enjoyed old Ae ambient tracks from the Garbage era, or perhaps like I enjoy minimal releases by the Hafler Trio, Steve Roach, Lustmord, Vidna Obmana, etc....but it just feels like 'something' is missing (like a lot of this new material, apart from the ambient one before this one, which was a pretty powerful extension.)

I'd be interested in hearing somebody musical try and explain maybe why there's a certain something lacking here.

Ah well, all their albums up until this lot have good (and I don't think I'll look back on Quaristice later and suddenly like it, because I've actually enjoyed their stuff pretty much immediately, especially Confield, which clicked with me on my first listen)

• Facepalm 1

lol, its going to take a lot more than 2 bowels to get me to listen to this track in full

lol, I'm going to need at least 4 good BMs to prep myself

Guest telikan

Like some other people in the main thread for this, I too mostly listen to very repetitious 'minimal' 'ambient' music, whathaveyou, and I find this great. There are definitely subtle changes in frequency and such that make it sound like more of an attended piece. I mean yesterday I was listening to SND's Tenderlove album for like the 30th time, and still noticed some really tiny changes with small reverbs and stuff that I never heard before. Subrange has that right up front on the first listen, and I feel like I'll have much more to listen for in future sittings.

Personally, I would have paid $40 for an hour long album of VI Scose Poise, so I know I'm probably in the minority in my love for this piece. I really find it to be quite dynamic. About just as much as Eno's Thursday Afternoon. I mean for longform ambient pieces, this really shows quite a lot of variation. 1000x too much for the silly idea that they're fucking with anybody to hold remotely true.