IGNORED

Perlence Subrange 6-36

thehauntingsoul

^ its even more of a lol because at first it looked like he was quoting boxus' fuck up but upon closer review it was awep who misspelled that first

Nothing was misspelled. But the sentence had a slight punctuation error. The correct punctuation would be:

The human, Brian, is special.

Guest Scrambled Ears

can you really argue about the quality of ambient tracks over 5 minutes? ...shit youve gotta be stoned, doing something else, or meditating on some sort of new age hippy shit to not change the song in the first place

either way its no altibzz

can you really argue about the quality of ambient tracks over 5 minutes? ...shit youve gotta be stoned, doing something else, or meditating on some sort of new age hippy shit to not change the song in the first place

either way its no altibzz

wrong.

you obviously just don't have an open enough mind to appreciate it

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Anyone else not noticed that the rhythm section on this track sounds like a sample of two people knocking a tennis ball back and forwards away/toward one another>?

as i think about it, quadrange might be my desert island autechre "album". It's not my favorite, it didn't change my life, but i feel like there's so much to discover in there. a whole world in those endlessly echoing patterns. especially 6-36. the sense of space developed in quadrange is the finest such attempt they have ever made.

Edited by Joseph

as i think about it, quadrange might be my desert island autechre "album". It's not my favorite, it didn't change my life, but i feel like there's so much to discover in there. a whole world in those endlessly echoing patterns. especially 6-36. the sense of space developed in quadrange is the finest such attempt they have ever made.

Agreed.

As for the 6-36 track, if I have it playing in the right circumstances, I find it impossible to turn off. Weirdly sonicly addictive

• 3 months later...
Guest cuntainer

haha... song, track, what ever... doesn't matter, all the same to me.

the lyrics are profound though

This thread bump has made me check out the track again properly at a decent volume. I honestly had no idea that the track does (oh so subtly) change throughout the whole thing. I'm only 25 mins in (and time for bed) but I've noticed stringy pads drifting in and out, changes to the bass line and weird field recordings at various intervals.

Listen real carefully (on decent headphones) to the section from 18:24 - 18:58 - in the background it sounds like a recoding of like an old English police siren going past and some sort of squeaking something or other that plays a couple of times (it's repeated a bit again in a slightly different guise at 21:49-21:53). There also sounds like very brief snippets of people talking from 20:52 - 21:08

So yeah, a real nice surprise that it's not just a 5 second loop that goes on for nearly hour - there's actually an insane amount of detail in here. And that's not just being a pretentious fart, there quantifiably (is that a word) is loads hidden in this track.

Yep. True say, bredda. I think it's just such a slow change that seeing the track length makes people think it's a repetitious art piece.

I love the track when I'm in the mood to listen to such things. I listened to it once on mushrooms too, which was quite neat.

About half way. Didn't feel like an eternity at all, just put me in the headspace of feeling like I was floating in an underwater abyss surrounded by pillars.

Guest cuntainer

fuck yes, i must remember to listen to this during whenever my next mushroom experience may be.

i did find that coming up on a high dose while listening to a couple of aphex tracks (nannou, stone in focus, rhubarb), not so good... (the fear...)

• 4 years later...

For something I wrote off as a pisstake at first this is becoming my most listened to Quaristice era track and not just for utilitarian chillout purposes. It's like a pitch black comfort blanket.