Sign in to follow this  
thehauntingsoul

Perlence Subrange 6-36

So the distortion on the 1st kick is deliberate? Likewise, i thought it was just my laptop speakers. Not sure if i dig it.....hmm.

track is cool to listen to while you're doin' thangs! i drove home today listening to it... but perlence subrange 3 is my fav of the perlence's!

track is cool to listen to while you're doin' thangs! i drove home today listening to it... but perlence subrange 3 is my fav of the perlence's!

same, im surprised more people arent loving Range 3 the best it has a lot of the untilted tour 2005 bits that never show up anywhere else

id be curious to hear what people thought of this if the exact track was released by say, chris clark.

Same here.

Much as I've loved a lot of Autechre's music, I do reckon if Clark put that track out everyone would rip it to shreds.

I don't care who released this, it sucks

There are a lot of experimental artists who have released better ambient tracks

you either like it or you dont, but the point still remains that an awful lot of AE fans who aren't accustomed to this style of minimalist music will try MUCH harder to force themselves to like it than they would a random artist. Not necessarily a bad effect, if Autechre can cause someone to appreciate minimalist ambient for the first time in their lives i think thats honestly a good thing.

Edited by Ghostbusters III

you either like it or you dont, but the point still remains that an awful lot of AE fans who aren't accustomed to this style of minimalist music will try MUCH harder to force themselves to like it than they would a random artist. Not necessarily a bad effect, if Autechre can cause someone to appreciate minimalist ambient for the first time in their lives i think thats honestly a good thing.

thats very true. i still havent found anything that beats the disentegration loop series for me though..

its great to sleep to, but its a cop-out for Autechre...gettin lazy boys

Anybody tried to compress the time by 0.1?

no, what would effect would that produce?

Guest Ephphatha
Anybody tried to compress the time by 0.1?

No, but i've compressed it to half its length, & then to a quarter of its length, just to examine some aspects of the music further. It's an interesting experience.....

i quite dig this track, there are very subtle changes which are interesting amid the repitition. i'm a big fan of ambient and microsound stuff, so this is cool for me, and it's by far the most minimal, ambient track autechre have ever released. i look at this whole quadrange release as a bit of an experiment, what with all the versions and the way it was released. and this final track is the culmunation of the experiment.

also, makes nice reading music! :-)

Guest Super lurker ultra V12
thats very true. i still havent found anything that beats the disentegration loop series for me though..

True. Basinski makes awesome ambient, nothing like this 'experiment' by Ae

True. Basinski makes awesome ambient, nothing like this 'experiment' by Ae

Yeah, he's a great example of how to do it right, imo. Beautiful, dark, warm sounds....

Maybe the Ae boys have been smoking a bit too much themselves lately! :wink2:

Guest moo duck

this is not experiment, this is a 'sub-picture' of quaristice. its purpose to reveal a whole quaristicity.

your comparisons suck people, you don't have to like it.

I actualy think its pretty cool, No need for it to be that long tho but still is nice to fall asleep to!

Much prefer extened notwo tho, thats a fuking beauty! :)

Had checked the track out on Bleep and thought "hmmph, see ya's later". Downloaded it today and listened to it in it's entirety while painting earlier. Awesome. Listening to it again now and just about to hit the hay. Even awesomer. Incredible atmosphere off of it, vast and timeless. Beautiful!

Thursday afternoon >>>> Perlence subrange 6-36

Had checked the track out on Bleep and thought "hmmph, see ya's later". Downloaded it today and listened to it in it's entirety while painting earlier. Awesome. Listening to it again now and just about to hit the hay. Even awesomer. Incredible atmosphere off of it, vast and timeless. Beautiful!

i agree

this opus colorizes emptyness of everyday routine for me

* emptiness

hmm

Guest azAZ09

this is the new metal machine music

i love it

Edited by azAZ09

In no way is this piece of music "incredible" or "awesome".

Guest James Fucking Cagney

Hey guys, we're all wrong about liking this track. Check out Dr. Clit's correct opinion.

Yeah, i'm glad you made me realize that its true this track is not incredible dr. clitterhaus because i honestly hadn't even judged the song for myself i just made a random decision to like it but thanks alot dude

Guest vomikronnoxis

I really like this one, actually. Great for reading on the train and meditating.

~rl

I MADE IT!

it's definitely a thing

Guest Abuse

i still don't like it.

That's cool, actually

Here it is sped up to 2:20...

it's terrible anyway