IGNORED

Arturia Jupiter 8V

Guest Weird Al

Guest brianellis

Just picked up the Arturia Jupiter 8V. I can't believe I actually bought a vst :confused: ... but it's well worth it. Damn dongle protection though. Best sounding softsynth I've heard yet.

is this emulating the roland Jupiter?

My flatmate has the real one, I wonder how close they got it....

ahhhh NM. She's got a super jupiter. That thing is a wild animal. I don't think she knows how to use it really well though. :(

sooo......

about that vst....

cough cough.

Guest brianellis

I had to buy this vst because it has lame dongle protection. There isn't a working *free* version of this yet :sad:

Guest greenbank

d'ohh, i was looking forward to this and arturia make some ace stuff but if it's dongled then that's rubbish :(

can you install on 2 machines then swap the dongle about?

Guest epsy

the cs80v and moog modular by arturia use the exact same dsp algos with diff filter slopes. I think even SOS pointed this out if I remember correctly. They should just try to make something new instead of trying to emulate old shit. vaz mod already covers all the bases with analogue squelchy-ness

• 2 weeks later...
I had to buy this vst because it has lame dongle protection. There isn't a working *free* version of this yet :sad:

I don't know if this still applies to the current demo available for download (I'm running 1.1/build 12353) but, depending on your host, you can save presets from the host side and so the synth functions, to all intents and purposes, exactly the same as the paid product does, without ever expiring. Doesn't seem to work in Ableton, but definitely does in FLS.

Guest greenbank

i just got that demo for a look and you seem to be right, saved and reloaded a couple of test patches and they came back fine, using the external patch savey thing in modplug. ace! i'd need to dabble a load more to even see what i'm missing but not having a bunch of presets is the only thing i've seen so far that's a restriction in the demo. nice work arturia, using full on syncrosoft dongle protect then giving away the whole thing for free!

incidentally i found the answer to my question above - you can install on as many machines as you wish then attach the dongle (which you'd damned well better not lose!) to the machine you're currently on.

i got demo of this with a magazine last year, sounded lush but i couldn't use it properly because my specs were too low. has this been sorted or is it still a massive hog?

i got demo of this with a magazine last year, sounded lush but i couldn't use it properly because my specs were too low. has this been sorted or is it still a massive hog?

I've tried it and it's still a cpu hog, I have a pretty new (bought it in january) 2.2ghz core 2 duo with 2GB of Ram with windows XP set to "Home/Office Desk" and one patch from the jupiter 8V uses 15-20% of my cpu standalone with the newest version, in comparison FM8 which i own uses 1-2% and Massive uses 10% using the demo. i love the sound of it, and would buy it but it's just too big of a cpu hit

Archived