IGNORED

Boc-set, please...

lumpenprol

Sure this topic has been run into the ground, but it's not like this subforum has to adhere to the same stringent standard of thread quality as general banter (snicker).

I figure the least Mike and Marcus could do now, after spending so much time in TCH interviews specifically debunking the "BoC myth," is release their older work. If you're going to shatter the fan's little BoC dreamworld, at least give them something in return. If M&M don't want to be regarded as reclusive gods, why not release everything in their back catalog in the interest of "full disclosure"? I know there's a potential issue with the samples, but I don't think that's an insurmountable problem.

I mean, 5-9-78, Buckie High, Dave (I'm a real traditionalist), I will have it tatooed, Sequoia - these are some of BoC's very best tracks. The samples from Hooper Bay sound promising as well.

Perhaps they feel these earlier works are "green" or show their "feet of clay," whereas I think they would do more to cement BoC's musical legacy than TCH did, for example.

Eh, whatever. But on the off-chance that BoC visit here...I mean, imagine a boc-set that blows analord out of the water with it's lavishness...With the same attention to detail as the recent Cure reissues...booklets and all...

The little somewhat falsely modest bio included with TCH would seem to indicate that BoC are casting a backward glance at their history up until this point, so go the full mile, give us an awesome boc-set of everything! :wub:

Guest BunnyRabbit
yeah, they said in at least one interview that since the old tunes stuff had leaked, it might as well get a proper lease ... a box set would be nice

From what HSO said, when the whole Old Tunes tape soap opera played itself out to the sound of dropped jaws and much LOL'ing, BOC have discussed it with Warp so I guess it's up to Warp to do this. I'm going to guess that Warp are going to wait untill the next lean period or the end of the contract to release it. Warp like leaving a reasonable gap between artists releases which makes sense but then again they released Twosim 8-9 months after Geogaddi so you never know.

Guest BunnyRabbit
The boc boxset is right in so many ways, it makes the fans happy and I'm sure it will be a huge boost to BoC and Warp's bottom line. Everybody wins.

I don't know (I haven't done the market research) but I guess that the majority of BOC releases sell to non-fans. That's not a contradiction in terms I just mean the likes of us are probably the minority not the majority. It feels like it must make good business sense but if the critics pan it as a waste of time then the minority who are guaranteed to buy it might not be enough to make it worth while. Just a thought.

They could just put it on Bleep but I'm hoping for the full on BOCness vinyl set with bonus super 8 reel and wooly hat :boc:

i dont think they should release it until they finish the tracks. most of them were obviously in early development or very rough mixes, i say they should remaster/finish the whole lot then release them in several years time after the next album.

Guest ambodino mutuumbooo
i dont think they should release it until they finish the tracks. most of them were obviously in early development or very rough mixes, i say they should remaster/finish the whole lot then release them in several years time after the next album.

agreed. it's true that most of thos tracks are real good, but I get the same feeling as kaen. some of them are just not finnish and it would annoying to buy a big boxset with those unfinished versions...

For me it's the roughness of the recording and mixing that makes the old tunes special. If they tried to tart them up it would spoil them - like re-touching old photographs or something.

seeing how they put alot of time and effort into their tracks and have produced tons and tons of songs, and still not released old tunes, i just think that they would only want to focus on the new and creating something new to all our ears, not just refinished tracks that we've already heard a bunch of times.

seeing how they put alot of time and effort into their tracks and have produced tons and tons of songs, and still not released old tunes, i just think that they would only want to focus on the new and creating something new to all our ears, not just refinished tracks that we've already heard a bunch of times.

they mentioned it an interview, though, is the thing ... plus the hex sun guy posted about it on the second watmm

I agree they should be released as is, unpolished. When artists revisit their previous work to tweak it, they hardly ever improve upon it.

Agreed, I'd love to hear the BoC Set. I've been avoiding downloading the old tunes for this very reason (except Buckie High which someone posted here - quality track)

Archived