IGNORED

POST YOUR MOST RECENT PIC!

Guest boo

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the full truth of the duck tub lies in a chatmm transcript that is probably sitting on the bosses desk.

the impact of the situation is a bit slippery, like a banana peel.

nice action roasty, I wanna hear what you said.

lol, ghosty roasty what's the big difference? second that though, I want to know the things ghosty had been rapping about

lol oops. I was doing my poetry rhymin right thur.

mkac11.jpg

I know what went on in that ducktub! You sick motherfucker!

High fives!

rainbows.

:wink:

the full truth of the duck tub lies in a chatmm transcript that is probably sitting on the bosses desk.

the impact of the situation is a bit slippery, like a banana peel.

it's beautiful

After the Hundred Years' War, it was hard to find men with both hands. Having both hands was a sign of ability to be productive post-war. So when marriages were being arranged, families would seek out men with both hands -- handsome men.

Either that, or it derives from "hand" as a unit of measure of stallions, mang

Quite inventive there baph. But anyway.

Hand: (Old English) Hand is a widespread Germanic word (German, Dutch and Swedish also have it), but has no relatives outside Germanic, and no one is too sure where it comes from. Perhaps the likeliest explanation is that it is related to Gothic frahinthan 'seize', 'pursue', Swedish hinna 'reach' and English hunt, and that its underlying meaning is 'body part used for seizing'. The derived adjective handsome (15th century) originally meant simply 'easy to handle'. The modern sense 'attractive' did not develop until the late 16th century.

-Handsome is actually derived from hand, but the origin of hand is a bit foggy. Arriving in Old English as hond, hand is possibly derived from the prehistoric Germanic khanduz. There is also a theory that it is related to Gothic frahinthan 'seize, pursue,' Swedish hinna 'reach,' and English 'hunt,' with the underlying meaning of 'body part used for seizing.' It has modern related forms in Dutch, hand, and German, Hand, though it has no relatives outside of the Germanic languages. By Middle English, the Old English plural handa was changed to handen, which later became hands. It was around this time, approximately 1350-1400, that handsome appeared. The original sense was of something 'easy to handle, ready at hand,' which led to the word being used in some contexts to mean 'suitable, apt.' By 1577 this had become 'fair-size, considerable,' meaning that it took all of one's hand to use or wield it. It wasn't until the very end of the 16th century that the modern definition of 'having fine form or quality, good-looking' took effect. Handsome, meaning 'generous' (a handsome reward) was not recorded until a full century later.

maybe we can get The Pod some classes if we all donate some money for the 60$ tuition fees...

ps. the pod, were you even going to fix that burger behind you?

Archived