IGNORED

POST YOUR MOST RECENT PIC!

Guest boo

HA HA! Business!

hey osci i have an interview too, tomorrow morning. lets send vibes of positivity, my brah!

Wauw, what kind of job interview? Financial analyst?

O2 call centre :shrug:

jesus..

good luck man, bam them in the cunt with awesomeness and make them beg for more, and consequently employing you in a job that gives you a wage that you deem reasonable :beer:

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck, guys...

Is it normal to wear suits for job interviews in the UK?

in my experience, yes. But then, I haven't gone for an interview for a job doing fork lift truck driving or anything 'manual'. I'm a geek, a thin weakling geek at that, and I'm more attuned to being in an office environment. So for office jobs / call centre jobs, I've found it pretty necessary to be wearing something smart looking.

thanks for the good luck vibes everyone - I'm gonna need them.

Good luck, guys...

Is it normal to wear suits for job interviews in the UK?

in my experience, yes. But then, I haven't gone for an interview for a job doing fork lift truck driving or anything 'manual'. I'm a geek, a thin weakling geek at that, and I'm more attuned to being in an office environment. So for office jobs / call centre jobs, I've found it pretty necessary to be wearing something smart looking.

Just seems a bit over the top from what I'm used to... I mean, it's very cliché but it's what's on the inside that counts, right?

Do you wear suits when you're at the office as well?

http://theoatmeal.co...cs/interviewees

Ive been in both suit and just a smart shirt. I felt more comfortable without the jacket but I guess it depends on what you're going for.

euguene what are you trying to do? gonna sell me telephone deals?

lol, cnut.

the literal translation of the job im going to try to apply to is "content updater", i guess it's something like what CATS did on watmm.

euguene what are you trying to do? gonna sell me telephone deals?

lol, cnut.

the literal translation of the job im going to try to apply to is "content updater", i guess it's something like what CATS did on watmm.

oh,

i might have a spare job for your sister, to update

my Content Mangement System

thanks for the suggestions, I'll be losing the jacket. Shirt and tie only.

I don't think a suit and tie are too formal for any interview that involves working in an office. I always assumed basic interviewing etiquette was to dress formally until you get the job, at which point you let the office dress code dictate your attire.

But I don't know, maybe it's different in the UK. I've been on interviews where I got laughed at for not wearing a full Windsor knot in my tie.

I don't think a suit and tie are too formal for any interview that involves working in an office. I always assumed basic interviewing etiquette was to dress formally until you get the job, at which point you let the office dress code dictate your attire.

But I don't know, maybe it's different in the UK. I've been on interviews where I got laughed at for not wearing a full Windsor knot in my tie.

indeed, that's the way I thought things were too. i might take the jacket to keep warm, and just take it off for the interview

You may want to wear some trousers and shoes too - for some reason interviewers get funny about a half nude dress code.

dress as a sexy young woman

i've worked in a mobile phone company call centre before (catering bullshit) and it was 99% sexy young women

You may want to wear some trousers and shoes too - for some reason interviewers get funny about a half nude dress code.

bNyeI.jpg

Archived