IGNORED

Question about Caustic Window - Popcorn off Joyrex J4

hijexx

I've heard MP3's floating around for years of this song. My question is posed to anyone who actually has the vinyl and has played it for themselves. If you found what you think is a great copy but you downloaded it, not looking for your opinion.

Is the sound quality on the vinyl as crap as the MP3s floating around? I'd love to have this track proper but it's not really worth the money to me to pay the collector's premium if it sounds just as crap on the actual recording.

If you found what you think is a great copy but you downloaded it, not looking for your opinion.

Sorry mate, I can't help ya. But I would think the original would be higher quality.

Guest AOOproductions
If you found what you think is a great copy but you downloaded it, not looking for your opinion.

Sorry mate, I can't help ya. But I would think the original would be higher quality.

isn't that how it always works? crap MP3's are crap for a reason... they sound like shit.

Popcorn sounds good from vinyl, i don't have the vinyl, read da rules, hello richard, i got this track in flac file, ripped from good vinyl in wave file, read da rules, hello grant, track sounds like a good track, ur Popcorn mp3 is shitty, mp3 is not lossless, mp3 is compressed, mp3 has not a perfect quality sound, just good, but good as bootleg traffiqué, hello poopcorn, :angry:, : angry:, :angry :, : angry :, :ok:

isn't that how it always works? crap MP3's are crap for a reason... they sound like shit.

you're starting to remind me of the guy at hydrogenaudio who has the same avatar... coincidence?

Guest Kibreg
Is the sound quality on the vinyl as crap as the MP3s floating around? I'd love to have this track proper but it's not really worth the money to me to pay the collector's premium if it sounds just as crap on the actual recording.

i've got a near mint copy of the J4 ep; playing on a rega p5 table. while "popcorn" is kind of muddy it doesn't sound AS muddy & lofi as the mp3s Ive heard. but it is by no means a clean-sounding track.

Guest AOOproductions

you're starting to remind me of the guy at hydrogenaudio who has the same avatar... coincidence?

yea me and him are good friends.

Guest analogue wings

Isn't it mostly a sample of the original run thru a low pass filter?

70s tape recording + low pass filter = no highs

yea me and him are good friends.

:undecided:

im a registered sex offender. It's really not all that bad. People make it out to be like your doomed for the rest of your life, but im doing fine. Im making 600 dollars a month and living on welfare. Its going great! Plus those 2 little girls had it coming. And they liked it, they tried to deny it, but those were tears of joy, i know it.

peace out.

It's not the original, "Hot Butter" version of the track - it's this version:

Go Moog!

Attached, straight from my vinyl, for your musical pleasure, I give you Elektrik Cokernut!

Go Moog!

Attached, straight from my vinyl, for your musical pleasure, I give you Elektrik Cokernut!

Awesome, great find!

Yeah I don't need the RDJ version now that I've heard this. This version > RDJ version.

Now to see if I can find it on Ebay sometime.

Go Moog!

Very nice, thanks indeed! :beer:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Needlenose

could anyone upload all the non-compilation caustic window tracks onto megaupload or rapidshare?

thanks in advance

Guest Pete is your friend
Popcorn sounds good from vinyl, i don't have the vinyl, read da rules, hello richard, i got this track in flac file, ripped from good vinyl in wave file, read da rules, hello grant, track sounds like a good track, ur Popcorn mp3 is shitty, mp3 is not lossless, mp3 is compressed, mp3 has not a perfect quality sound, just good, but good as bootleg traffiqué, hello poopcorn, :angry: , : angry:, :angry :, : angry :, :ok:

mental lol and :angry:

also, hot butter version? sounds tasty! :yeah:

Guest Needlenose
could anyone upload all the non-compilation caustic window tracks onto megaupload or rapidshare?

thanks in advance

i guess there's only two... Popcorn and R2D2... he had the space on the compilation how come he didn't put them on? maybe because popcorn is a cover?

thanks in advance

i guess there's only two... Popcorn and R2D2... he had the space on the compilation how come he didn't put them on? maybe because popcorn is a cover?

because of legal rights if I'm not mistaken

Guest Needlenose

thanks in advance

because of legal rights if I'm not mistaken

R2D2 as well? Does it have unauthorized samples or something?

Archived