IGNORED

Girl Talk - Feed The Animals

havent listened to the whole thing yet, but girl/boy song is in there

My fourth full-length album, Feed The Animals, is out today! You can download the digital version (320 Kpbs) for whatever price you want at: www. illegalart. net.

If you are reading this prior to 7:00 AM eastern USA time, then the page may not be ready. We're fine-tuning some last minute things. If you pay over $5, you get an added bonus of one big mp3 file with all of the tracks connected. If you pay over $10, then you are pre-ordering a physical copy of the CD, which will be out later. All of the tracks are streaming on my myspace, but the album is intended to be listened as one continuous track.

This can be easily accomplished by getting the mp3s from Illegal Art, thanks for your support!

Sincerely

Gregg

hey, just a quick update, there are 14 tracks on the new album, and they will all be streaming sometime around 10 AM eastern time USA.

also, as i mentioned before, illegalart. net will be ready for ordering the mp3's at around 7 AM eastern time USA.

and we are offering FLAC but that won't be ready til sometime in the afternoon

Guest goodwillsidis
downloading, i hope this is good

plz report back, I feel like Gregg is bound to jump out of the playin-hitz-4-da-kidz game sooner or later, got my fingers crossed for sooner..

Guest telikan

plz report back, I feel like Gregg is bound to jump out of the playin-hitz-4-da-kidz game sooner or later, got my fingers crossed for sooner..

I downloaded just to give it a quick once over and check if he had done just this, and was able to figure out relatively quickly that he's still playin the same game, different round.

If anything I feel like it's more hit oriented than the last one, not so much stuff out of left field. Radio zeitgeist c. 2008 all the way.

Once I knew what the album was, I kindly 'took it back to the store' as it were. I don't really have any problem with the album-- just nothing here to interest me. To me, you have to like the source material to begin with, as the mash-up format ain't no coolness/goodness filter. I can only assume Gillis has very little irony in mind, which is good, and maybe he genuinely sees something he likes in every song he samples, so it's not really a problem. At least I hope he does. Whereas I don't see much in any of these tunes, and am not compelled to find something in a truncated version.

edit:

Oh, and there has to be something in that title. Totally loaded, maybe aimed at both himself and the fans. Cause isn't listening to music this way the equivalent of a feeding trough? Or a KFC Famous Bowl?

I think the album came out okay...definitely hit oriented, but really they make me like the wigger rap shit more than I ever would so...iz alright.

do you guys remember on unstoppable how dude would actually be making songs instead of mixes? those were some good times.

I wonder if I'd like this more if I didn't have ableton live.

Guest telikan
I wonder if I'd like this more if I didn't have ableton live.

Actually, I'll give the dude credit for keeping his mixing pretty transparent. If he does use Live, it doesn't really show. It's always sounded like a more wrought cut and paste process to me. Nothing really ever sounds warped. I don't think much convenience comes across in his process, which is generally what Live offers, along with the drawback of sounding unmistakably like Live unless you keep your grains and transients in serious check.

Guest DNBJerk is for real life

Dude, Girl Talk uses Audiomulch and Adobe Auditon. He even uses Audition live, I've been on stage with him and got to sneak a peek, LOL

PS teh album is good

Guest telikan
before i spend the energy getting this what's it like anywhere i can hear previews?

the only think i heard of girltalk before sounded like circa 1997 tigerbeat6 hiphop mashups

i believe all the tracks are streaming on his myspace

Guest tht! tne

I downloaded just to give it a quick once over and check if he had done just this, and was able to figure out relatively quickly that he's still playin the same game, different round.

If anything I feel like it's more hit oriented than the last one, not so much stuff out of left field. Radio zeitgeist c. 2008 all the way.

Once I knew what the album was, I kindly 'took it back to the store' as it were. I don't really have any problem with the album-- just nothing here to interest me. To me, you have to like the source material to begin with, as the mash-up format ain't no coolness/goodness filter. I can only assume Gillis has very little irony in mind, which is good, and maybe he genuinely sees something he likes in every song he samples, so it's not really a problem. At least I hope he does. Whereas I don't see much in any of these tunes, and am not compelled to find something in a truncated version.

edit:

Oh, and there has to be something in that title. Totally loaded, maybe aimed at both himself and the fans. Cause isn't listening to music this way the equivalent of a feeding trough? Or a KFC Famous Bowl?

this is quality feedback :beer:

i'm glad this is out

i don't have any problem with admitting i like some pop

Guest tht! tne

having listened to about half of this my interest is waning

i'm still going to listen to the rest because i liked earlier girl talk

but as said here, this doesn't show enough progression for me

Guest goodwillsidis
the only think i heard of girltalk before sounded like circa 1997 tigerbeat6 hiphop mashups

my thoughts exactly.

cept scrubbed of anything that might remotely encourage a 14 year-old to rub a couple of their brain cells together....

im curious how artists that get this big, and no girltalk isnt spectacularly popular, but definitely popular enough where a lot of random trendy college kids i run into talk about it. How in the hell do they not get sued? Do major record labels just not go after these people anymore?

Guest goodwillsidis
I still think that even though Greg may seem "wildly popular" to us in terms of the college frat and club circuit, he's still under the radar.

I'm not so sure he's that far under the radar... he sells out every show he plays in major markets and always travels by plane.

Guest goodwillsidis
fuck the haters, ive been enjoying this alot lately. its really good party/background music.

hmm, you know you make a lot of good points here that I hadn't considered. are you a lawyer IRL?

Guest olson
having listened to about half of this my interest is waning

i'm still going to listen to the rest because i liked earlier girl talk

but as said here, this doesn't show enough progression for me

dude someone on xlt called thtne stole your avatar!

and yeah spore, i agree. i'm listening right now, and the most enjoyable part for me is just picking up on songs i like. C.R.E.A.M.! aww yeah. but yeah, for straight listening it's not that great. i guess it'd be good at parties and shit but even then...meh.

Guest tht! tne

my favorite girl talk moment is when he drops fleetwood mac's little lies in overtime from night ripper

Archived