IGNORED

Waldorf Blofeld

Guest The Bro

Guest Promo

What are you thoughts people? Looks quite good. And apparently you get a lot of bang for your buck and it has a lot of synthesis options. Superficially I'm quite tempted to get one at some point in the future. Either this or Roland's Sonic Cell.

blofeld_teaser_600px.jpg

Guest Tamas

It seems interesting, though it needs more knobs. For $800 (the site I saw it on) it seems like an ok deal, though I'd have to play it to really get the feel of it.

I really want to purchase a piece of hardware that will suit my needs, I have an MS2000B which I love, but I'd like something with more polyphony to tackle the melodic parts of my songs, so I'll definitely keep an eye on this. I think if the knobs/LEDs/display are used intuitively (which isn't the case for the Alesis Micron I have), it could prove to be an extremely powerful synthesizer.

not bad, if you like this sort of thing, but not up to (old, original staff) waldorf standards either.

i'd say take the money and buy a 2nd hand waldorf microwave xt.

Guest sysex

Its like the MWXT and Q Series rolled into a desktop box with added features. Sounds incredible. Has all the wavetables of the XT and Q/Q+

Filters are extremely smooth and has self-oscillation. Comb filter is my favorite so far.

Very comprehensive routing matrix. Recursive modulation (ie. think Massive, in terms or modulation routing)

Very nice arpeggiator, flexible, highly programmable.

I love mine, have only had it a week now, so I'm still getting acquainted with it. Out of the box it sounds amazing with 1k+ patches that can be filtered by sound type. This synth can pull off great lows all the way to screaming highs very nicely. I'll admit I was saving up for a TI Snow but definitely do not regret purchasing the Blofeld.

Cons: No midi out port, only thru USB. Max 2 effects per voice and depending on the mode, the 2nd effect is global for all parts. No audio-in. Only 1 stereo out.

Archived