Dayvan Cowboy

Guest helios2

Guest helios2

I've been a fan of Boards of Canada for quite a while now, and I always knew from the start that they used subliminal messaging in their songs, but I never knew that they used it to praise the devil or whatever other gods they might believe in. I'm really disappointed in them because I always thought of their songs as one of the best I've ever listened to, especially Dayvan Cowboy. So my question is this: Does anyone know whether or not there are any reversed or hidden vocal samples in Dayvan Cowboy? If so, where are they?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at about 3:33 it's a real faint recording saying "read the rules" backwards. you might need to crank up the volume.

also lol

Guest helios2

Damn. I broke the rules didn't I? >_>

edit: So I probably did. It's not like I'm trying to stir up controversy or anything. I'm just curious. That Fredd-E fellow has lots of stuff about subliminal messaging at his website, so I'll check that out instead. Also, lol yourself.

Edited by helios2

so will you not like boc anymore if they are not god-fearing christians and put subliminal messges about devils and shit in their tracks?

Guest helios2

I'm not religious. It's just that satanists (like all religious extremists) creep me out with their weird ways.

As for BoC, Dayvan Cowboy and The Beach at Redpoint are the only two songs that I really like. I tried listening to others, but they seemed a bit gloomy to me.

Guest 1969 in the sunshine
I've been a fan of Boards of Canada for quite a while now, and I always knew from the start that they used subliminal messaging in their songs, but I never knew that they used it to praise the devil or whatever other gods they might believe in. I'm really disappointed in them because I always thought of their songs as one of the best I've ever listened to, especially Dayvan Cowboy. So my question is this: Does anyone know whether or not there are any reversed or hidden vocal samples in Dayvan Cowboy? If so, where are they?

We're not Satanists, or Christians, or Pagans. We're not religious at all. We just put symbols into our music sometimes, depending on what we're interested in at the time. We do care about people and the state of the world, and if we're spiritual at all it's purely in the sense of caring about art and inspiring people with ideas.

(Sandison)

I'm not religious. It's just that satanists (like all religious extremists) creep me out with their weird ways.

:teeth:

:devil:

Guest posdit

I hope that they do have submliminal messages. Alot of the layers in thier songs do not register in my consciounesness the first time around, and it is fun listening to thier song over and over trying to pick out every part. So I that this just be more hidden intricacies to find ala pink floyd.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12
try reading the rules

All though you're probably a dupe. :angry:

If that's the case lol.

Otherwise :cry:

:angry:

Guest helios2
try reading the rules

All though you're probably a dupe. :angry:

If that's the case lol.

Otherwise :cry:

Shut the fuck up already. How was I supposed to know that hidden messages were one of BoC's signatures?