IGNORED

just getting into u-Ziq

Guest hahathhat

Guest hahathhat

only played through bluff limbo and lunatic harness, but lots of stuff i like so far... gonna crack open another soon.

u-Ziq does this double hustle things with drums that i really like (canonical example: gob bots).

other tracks that stick out in my mind:

- Approaching menace

- My Little Beautiful

- London

- Riostand

- Lunatic Harness

- Catkin and Teasel

also should say, i like his track/album names. lunatic harness... a straightjacket, yeah, but also a harness for capturing lunacy... channeling it into something... or maybe the harness itself is insane... or maybe the lunatic harness makes anyone that wears it go batty for the duration...

royal astronomy or tango n vectif next.

congratulations hat

the original tango n vectif vinyl release is a near perfect album

though the 2001 cd reissue is probably much easier to acquire

it has extra tracks (that i feel diminishes its magnificence)

i'd avoid the 93 cd personally

also jake slazenger makes a racket, in pine effect and both frost jockey 12"s are all pretty much essential

salsa and mesquite ep too

i can personally live without royal astronomy and bilious paths (though they both have their moments)

duntisbourne abbots is a pretty lush soundtrack to a broken life in my book

Good move Hat, I regret the years I wasted in ignorance of the brilliance of some of these records.

duntisbourne abbots is a pretty lush soundtrack to a broken life in my book

Unfashionable move probably, but that album was what turned me on to µ-Ziq et al. It's heartbreaking, even more so given its backstory. It deserves a lot more respect.

Carestik, what's the backstory?

Apparently the breakup of his marriage. I only heard of this though through WATMM, so other members would probably fill you in a lot more. I think it's in one of the Duntisbourne threads.

Guest Chogg

If you like Lunatic Harness you will definitely also like the Brace Yourself EP... every track is ace with the possible exception of "losers march"

Three of my all time µ-Ziq favs are on Royal Astronomy (Scaling, World of Leather & Goodbye) : If Mike had done a maxi instead of an album with Scaling, Carpet Muncher, Scrape, World of Leather and Goodbye, it would have done one of the greatest maxi ever released.

Guest narkeworld
stay away from salsa with mesquite, the album not the song.

That ep is nice. But I got it when it was new to the world, 95 I think, so have a different perspective of it.

• 6 months later...
Guest hahathhat

the sonic fox, the vibe disintigrates for me at like 1:10, he had this loco rave vibe going then these chillout chords just deflate it... compells a man to do a remix so he can hear it properly :\

the sonic fox, the vibe disintigrates for me at like 1:10, he had this loco rave vibe going then these chillout chords just deflate it... compells a man to do a remix so he can hear it properly :\

have you tried the phonic socks form urmer bile trax?

Guest hahathhat

have you tried the phonic socks form urmer bile trax?

wat

i said have you tried the phonic socks from urmur bile trax?

edit: except i spelled it wrong the first time

edit2: no i didn't. i was sure i didn't. so i checked the sleeve and i didn't. the internet (wiki and discogs) is wrong

edit3: the spelling on the front says urmur. the spelling on the spine says urmer.

edit4: either way, my original question still stands

edit5: if you haven't heard it, it's (according to my history of braindance) mike p's first foray into (post) jungle territory (not counting gary's birthday). not all jungley (in fact technically not AT all jungley) but let let is almost plug like and hornet is well into the (ambient) jungle sphere with a wicked (if short lived) booming bass line. fine tuning recalls gary moschelles. 1 hip 007 is to Phi*1700 (U/V) as the phonic socks is to the sonic fox. also M5 saabtone is a fun bleepy d'n'b styled cartoon with a great sudden ending. can't really remember much else off hand. this release was mike p. in (post dnb for papa) preparation mode for the full on generally backward, adaptive-rush mode of lunatic harness. gonna put it on now

if you haven't heard it, it's (according to my history of braindance) mike p's first foray into (post) jungle territory (not counting gary's birthday). not all jungley (in fact technically not AT all jungley) but let let is almost plug like and hornet is well into the (ambient) jungle sphere with a wicked (if short lived) booming bass line. fine tuning recalls gary moschelles. 1 hip 007 is to Phi*1700 (U/V) as the phonic socks is to the sonic fox. also M5 saabtone is a fun bleepy d'n'b styled cartoon with a great sudden ending. can't really remember much else off hand. this release was mike p. in (post dnb for papa) preparation mode for the full on generally backward, adaptive-rush mode of lunatic harness. gonna put it on now

Pretty good description/review but you left out The Hydrozone which imo is the best one of all :beer:

Archived