Sign in to follow this  
Tridact

Is Cylob IDM?

Guest David R James

The term is both incorrect and irrelevant to most artists and music that have been branded with the term especially unsigned artists in the world of myspace. There are to many ‘plug-ins’ around that make an artist so far from electronic music its almost brain dead. There isn’t anything wrong with that but the term is never used in the right context, at least not anymore.

Guest tht! tne

i thought "electronic music" nowadays meant "sounds like 1997-and-onward autechre"

The term is both incorrect and irrelevant to most artists and music that have been branded with the term especially unsigned artists in the world of myspace. There are to many ‘plug-ins’ around that make an artist so far from electronic music its almost brain dead. There isn’t anything wrong with that but the term is never used in the right context, at least not anymore.

Hi monolith, your myspace is music is good

Guest David R James
i thought "electronic music" nowadays meant "sounds like 1997-and-onward autechre"

Yeah Autechre are still electronic music because they use their brain to create Max/msp patches etc. But does pressing a button on a plugin make you electronic music?

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

Yeah Autechre are still electronic music because they use their brain to create Max/msp patches etc. But does pressing a button on a plugin make you electronic music?

yes

Guest Caustic

there's a thread in GB that lists electronic music things. see that for details.

(hay im posteng in Cylob subforlorn)

Guest David R James

I hate the term, im not to keen on the word electronica either. ACID now thats a good term

in my categorizing on my hard drive i have aphex twin and mu-ziq as electronic music

and cylob and autechre in experimental electronic

Guest tidbit

electronic body music it aint

Guest David R James
m_34aae41d6a33c407b65c46aa1271c15d.gif

I dont think that monolith is electronic music, its just fun :)

in my categorizing on my hard drive i have aphex twin and mu-ziq as electronic music

and cylob and autechre in experimental electronic

I can see your theory there

Guest bitroast

my mp3s are categorised as either electronic, non-electronic or comedy.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

my mp3s are categorized as either musique concrète, kidz bop, clown-hop, or norteño.

Cylob only said that because he wants us all to call it braindance.