IGNORED

Drukqs Is The Greatest Record Ever Made

Guest Helper ET

i remember playing, ad nauseum, the real audio streams of some of the drukqs tracks the summer of 2001 off of warp's page. that otherworldly feeling has never gone away. def the greatest record ever.

I had ordered the wax and cds already but when the album leaked in August 2001 I couldn't wait to hear it. Laid in the floor with my headphones on and listened to the whole thing in one shot. Meltphace and Taking Control scrambled mah brainz

• Like 3

Due a reissue imho. Did anyone ever get to the bottom of the RTI pressing (180g numbered) vs standard pressing re: sound quality? Heard various people saying the RTI had “issues”, but no elaboration...

I used to love it and played it thousands of times but haven't listened much to it in the last years

I heard the piece Aphex Twin of Richard James carefully: I think it would be very helpful if he listens to my work Song Of The Youth, which is electronic music, and a young boy’s voice singing with himself. Because he would then immediately stop with all these post-African repetitions, and he would look for changing tempi and changing rhythms, and he would not allow to repeat any rhythm if it were varied to some extent and if it did not have a direction in its sequence of variations.

But not bcs of post-African repetitions ?

Edited by darreichungsform