IGNORED

MF Doom - Born Into This

takeshi

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good timing! I've been educating myself on hip hop for the past couple weeks, downloading various discogs, and MF Doom is the first MC I've come across that I genuinely like. There have been others with qualities I enjoy, but for the most part they're all saying the same shit that has nothing to do with my life whatsoever. I'm surprised that in a genre where words are the focus, there seems to be such a narrow spectrum of subject matter being dealt with. MF Doom is one of the rare few (only?) exceptions who actually makes me want to listen to what he's saying. I will be buying this one.

it's about time doom reemerged! he used to be so prolific, but he really hasn't done anything in like 4 years! i'm excited!

was looking for info on this album on net yesterday and come across some strange reports about doom not turning up to shows and even sending imposters in his place! people saying it some kind of odd marketing gimmik but understandably fans are sounding pissed off!

Anyone know ought about this? Seems very odd. Oh well I dont really care as long as the album good, which am sure it will be!

Guest The Vidiot

Yeah I thought the next thing he was putting out was supposed to be called Doompostor in response to those claims and videos that surfaced...

You know what though, if the guy lip synced a few shows, I wouldn't care. He's still obviously the most talented MC on the face of the earth. You can't fake that kind of flow on tape, and anybody who's heard Live from Planet X has heard him do his thing on the mic, live.

yeah, i heard about the doompostor thing, but i also heard that he had some health problems but they sent some stand-ins for him. that really sucks if that's true. but, i hope the album is good.

Guest Glass Plate
Good timing! I've been educating myself on hip hop for the past couple weeks, downloading various discogs, and MF Doom is the first MC I've come across that I genuinely like. There have been others with qualities I enjoy, but for the most part they're all saying the same shit that has nothing to do with my life whatsoever. I'm surprised that in a genre where words are the focus, there seems to be such a narrow spectrum of subject matter being dealt with. MF Doom is one of the rare few (only?) exceptions who actually makes me want to listen to what he's saying. I will be buying this one.

fuck you racist bastard.

90% of all white people music is about love

90% of death metal is about gore and vikings and similar ideas.

etc.

fuck you racist bastard.

90% of all white people music is about love

90% of death metal is about gore and vikings and similar ideas.

etc.

wow.

you're right...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
He's still obviously the most talented MC on the face of the earth. You can't fake that kind of flow on tape

so, fucking, wrong

also you absolutely can "fake" that kind of flow. he probably punches in most of his lyrics.

also you absolutely can "fake" that kind of flow. he probably punches in most of his lyrics.

fuckin a; on remixes and acapellas you can definitely tell he's not running through the verses straight a lot of the time. i loved doom but haven't been impressed since madvillain; i feel like even that i liked more for madlib's production than dooms flow.

Discussion about multiple takes for a verse is pretty much like discussion about vynil vs CDs. You can be oldschool or newschool - difference between "the feeling" and pimping.

Archived