IGNORED

MF Doom - Born Into This

takeshi

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Good timing! I've been educating myself on hip hop for the past couple weeks, downloading various discogs, and MF Doom is the first MC I've come across that I genuinely like. There have been others with qualities I enjoy, but for the most part they're all saying the same shit that has nothing to do with my life whatsoever. I'm surprised that in a genre where words are the focus, there seems to be such a narrow spectrum of subject matter being dealt with. MF Doom is one of the rare few (only?) exceptions who actually makes me want to listen to what he's saying. I will be buying this one.

fuck you racist bastard.

90% of all white people music is about love

90% of death metal is about gore and vikings and similar ideas.

etc.

what the fuck does this have to do with race?

Discussion about multiple takes for a verse is pretty much like discussion about vynil vs CDs. You can be oldschool or newschool - difference between "the feeling" and pimping.

no, unless youve actually sat down in a studio and experienced someone laying down tracks, you have no room to say anything. the difference in working with someone that can flow entire verses by memory and someone needing to punch in every couple of lines is huge.

i can't wait!

Guest AOOproductions

That's that has some of he best productin I've heard from doom in a long time! I luv that he's producing the whole album, he's so under-rated. there's no chorus and it's short and sweet. im excited.

Guest awsbyern
That's that has some of he best productin I've heard from doom in a long time! I luv that he's producing the whole album, he's so under-rated. there's no chorus and it's short and sweet. im excited.

"ballskin" is produced by jake-one, "lightworks" production is by dilla...

Guest AOOproductions

I know... but he is basically producing the whole album. thats two tracks... plus the dilla one has been floating around since donuts.

I know... but he is basically producing the whole album. thats two tracks... plus the dilla one has been floating around since donuts.

listen to John Robinson's Who is this Man for some of Dooms production... though most of it is pretty old from his metal fingers releases. I'm excited to hear some of his new production in this album though.

Guest awsbyern

there are two on the LP produced by dilla, + there's another produced by dangermouse (though it may or may not be on the released lp)

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a listen, some really dope tracks but some filler as well. I feel like a lot of Doom albums are like that though.

I think Gazzillion Ear is one of the best tracks he's ever done, especially when the beat changes up in the middle.

Just had a listen, some really dope tracks but some filler as well. I feel like a lot of Doom albums are like that though.

I think Gazzillion Ear is one of the best tracks he's ever done, especially when the beat changes up in the middle.

Yeah, listening to Gazzillion Ear right now, the changeup was insane, I wasn't expecting that at all.

Wow, it's really a great album....

Can't get tired of Gazzilion ear...

Will definetly buy this, + LEX always put out great cd cases.

Guest AOOproductions

yea this is great. Obviously it isn't breaking the formula. But we really couldn't have asked for a more solid set of tracks, some of which are great. Especially after four years! It's like he never left!

Archived