IGNORED

Aphex Twin At Woodstock 94'

Guest AOOproductions

Guest AOOproductions

Aphex Twin's performance was cut short when promoters 'disconnected' him midshow for forging his signature on a contract, which would forfeit the rights to his performance.

On further looking I found this article thru Wikipedia

From: http://home.nyc.rr.com/alweisel/rollingstoneravestock.htm

But not everyone was, well, ecstatic about Ravestock. In the days before the event there were rumblings on the Internet that the organizers were out to commercialize and exploit techno, charges that were reminiscent of those thrown at Woodstock '94 as a whole. And Richard James, a k a Aphex Twin, claims that when promoters discovered he had affixed a fake name to the contract he had signed five before going on, which reportedly gave PolyGram all rights to his performance, they pulled the plug after only a half-hour. "That was the last live show I'm ever gonna do," James said. But Paul Hartnoll of Orbital said, "It was just a really friendly, positive sort of atmosphere. I wasn't sure that was going to happen, because it's a lot of people that hadn't seen that sort of thing.

Never even heard about this until today. Interesting. Although seems RDJ didn't actually never perform again...

Guest Barricade
Never even heard about this until today. Interesting. Although seems RDJ didn't actually never perform again...

Same here... but then again he also said he doesn't care if people like his music or not. SHEA RIGHT!!! :happy:

Guest Scrambled Ears

interesting wasn't it in '96 that mtv tried to commercialize electronic music by playing a week of straight electronica videos? i once heard someone say that if it weren't for radio resisting during this period it's like that electronic music would become as widely exploited as pop. it makes me happy that people like rich exist to resist these bastards.

Guest AOOproductions
For the record, he signed the contract "Richard Flabbychucks"

lol thats so random... His attitude coming into it was questionable at best.

Archived