IGNORED

Good music similar to Analord and the Tuss

saikobjorn

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest moo duck
Not a whole lot is going to sound identical to Analord or The Tuss for reasons laid out by Amen Warrior, but the Mr. Fingers album I recommended (from 1988!) is probably the closest thing I've heard.

and yeah there are direct references to Larry Heard in second Analord (incl. obvious sketch Laricheard), when Rich goes with typical Fingers bass for which he was known as first chicagian who shortly after magic box discovery returned to use 303 as bass-machine, not acid-dealer.

also you may remember that Tuss LP presentation was based on comparing to Lil Louis's debut story for strange reason.

can't think of similarities yet but sure that there were some more closer sounds than Ceephax orthodoxes

303's have cv and gate outs

Yes the 303 has CV gate out and you could probably mod out the accent and slide too if you know the right person. You can have them modified to output MIDI too http://www.colinfraser.com/mb303/

But then again I don't think RDJ didn't use MIDI that much (so he says).

There's also 303 style sequencer's like the Mobius or Revolution.

http://www.analogueaddiction.co.uk/FutureRetro.html

With the Fenix aside there's a lot of regualar 808, 101, 202, MS20 on Analord as well and it still sounds very Ceephex in parts.

I don't think there's any 'exclusive' analogue sounds in Analord although hats off to Richy for doing things a little different in places.

Could 'From Within' but Hawtin and Namlook count as similar?

Guest tompty
fenix modular

Remember when that guy posted a picture of a Fenix and tried to pretend he was Richard?

You really think that was someone elses?

I expect better from YOU Boris

8===>

borisbebum

Anyway, try newer dmx krew. Sh101 triggers ms10 is the most analordy but all the stuff he's been doing recently is great. Collapse of the wave function series was nice but he sang a bit too much for my taste! Looking forward to his next rephlex release.

Yep I'm loving Ed's recent work, SH101 Triggers MS10, Asylum Seekers, Tha Force, Snow Cub, all great 12"s.

Cool. Thanks for teaching us all about elektro. In all fairness the Ceephax Acid Crew album was released two years before the Analord releases. I suggest listening through Ceephax's album again and check out the Analord-ness.............. I think our fellow member 'soundwave' has made a plausible (albeit unconfirmed) comparison, methinks.

Yeah I have the album and I still don't get it. Acid or no Acid he still didn't rip off CAC...

Guest tompty
Richard: hi super lurker, you're my least favorite WATMMer. sorry

*shoots himself*

sample this sound, i will make sweet acid re3mix music for your funeral.

cock.

Guest Kenneth172
Richard: hi super lurker, you're my least favorite WATMMer. sorry

*shoots himself*

cock.

Sounds good.

Read the rulez.................

Guest hahathhat
fenix modular

Remember when that guy posted a picture of a Fenix and tried to pretend he was Richard?

You really think that was someone elses?

I expect better from YOU Boris

8===>

borisbebum

don't worry about boris; he only has a bit part in the movie.

[*shoots himself*

cock.

A sample of a bullet blowing some ones head off remixed into an acid track then to be played at the funeral of the same dude who committed suicide?

Now there’s a concept! :angry:

I’d pay a million squid to see the expression on his mothers face :omg: when that gets blasted over his coffin at the ceremony. :grin:

The ultimate fanboy sacrifice. :devil:

Guest hahathhat

i can imagine richard doing something like that,

but given the laws it'd probably be more like

buying a $100k GX-1 and recording the sound it made as he urinated on it

laws of physics kind of thing, to create something of great value you have to sacrifice something!

Guest Retrig
who did the AnonL - Pheckter gleasons walking on the moon mix for WATMM remix competetion earlier this yeaR?

Monolith

Archived