IGNORED

Good music similar to Analord and the Tuss

saikobjorn

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest narkeworld
why don't you post a link to a fucking video instead of acting condescending. It would be more educational to learn about the music than your winning personality

Just thought it was funny, that's all. Diatomyc was a label that R&S put together for a few Mike Dred releases, that was until CJ Bolland put out an ep on that label, Dr. Fernando put out a release on Diatomyc as well + some other guys put out stuff on Diatomyc. But the Mike Dred releases on that label are just wicked, my favorite is the track 'Sensory Deception' which has a really sinister acid line in it. I don't think there are any Diatomyc releases on you tube right now + I'm kind of a luddite in that I don't want to learn how to link to things. Ok these are some of the labels that come to mind at the moment that put out (imo) really nice 90's intelligent techno. Check them out and sorry for coming off like a prick.:)

ACV

New Electronica

Hot Trax

G.P.R.

Drop Bass Network

Pulsar

Analog

Labworks

Re-Load

Re-Load Ambient

Magnetic North

Eevo Lute Muzique

Sahko

Ifach

Trelik

early Isophlux

Out of Orbit (the ACV subsidiary)

Pal SL

JJ

Irdial

early Pure Plastic

Axodya

A13

Kromode

Generator

Mathematics

Probe

Plus 8

Machine Codes

Djax-Up-Beats

Holzplatten

Eurk

Shockwave Records (for the Drexciya and Underground Resistance releases)

Underground Resistance (pretty obvious)

B12 records

A.R.T. (Kirk Degiorgio's label)

Source

Likemind

S.N.S. (Sounds Never Seen, Lody D's label)

Beam Me Up!

Axis

M-Plant

Rephlex (of course)

Acid Orange

Bunker

Acid Planet

Nature

Interr-Ference Communications

Reference Analog Audio

I never really got into straight up Detroit techno I was always more interested in European stuff but Planet E, Metroplex, and Transmat are nice. The Detroit labels I liked/like the most were/are Underground Resistance, M-Plant, and Axis.

That's Lory D not Lody D.;)

why don't you post a link to a fucking video instead of acting condescending. It would be more educational to learn about the music than your winning personality

Just thought it was funny, that's all. Diatomyc was a label that R&S put together for a few Mike Dred releases, that was until CJ Bolland put out an ep on that label, Dr. Fernando put out a release on Diatomyc as well + some other guys put out stuff on Diatomyc. But the Mike Dred releases on that label are just wicked, my favorite is the track 'Sensory Deception' which has a really sinister acid line in it. I don't think there are any Diatomyc releases on you tube right now + I'm kind of a luddite in that I don't want to learn how to link to things. Ok these are some of the labels that come to mind at the moment that put out (imo) really nice 90's intelligent techno. Check them out and sorry for coming off like a prick.:)

No problem.

I didn't really like 90's techno when I was living though them. I went to record shops a lot too. I only really liked rephlex and the warp label. Ok, I liked hardfloor, but in small doses.

Guest Glass Plate
You guys know of the Railway Raver right? Pretty righteous acid house

yes I love the Railway Raver.

You guys know of the Railway Raver right? Pretty righteous acid house

yes I love the Railway Raver.

What happened to that guy?

I want more of his smooth acid jams!

Guest narkeworld

No problem.

I didn't really like 90's techno when I was living though them. I went to record shops a lot too. I only really liked rephlex and the warp label. Ok, I liked hardfloor, but in small doses.

Hehe, that's funny that you asked me to present some info on analog (majority speaking) styled techno and so I do and you tell me that you're not into 90's techno (I guess 90's and analog are two different things but you get my drift...?). No problem here I just think that's funny.;) A lot of the stuff I showed you guys could probably fall under that funny "analog and digital" genre title but I think it's safe to say that most of the stuff I showed you guys is basically just "hardware techno" a lot of xox box stuff, yamaha dx synths, and of course other things that I have no clue about. I really love the 90's stuff and I still can't get into the 80's stuff all the way, it sounds too old to my ears. From about 91/92 and before I call that stuff old school but from 93 and after that's called new school imo and now people think that that new school stuff is old school :confused:. So there might be a totally new term/age for techno now. But I like Surgeon, Sandwell District, Monolake, Oliver Ho, etc. and while that sounds fresh it still has a certain historical spike in it that goes right to the Jeff Mills and Robert Hood stuff that was coming out from 92 and on like the 'Waveform Transmissions' and 'Minimal Nation' stuff. The new or what I call neo-minimal techno just sounds corny to me for the most part it doesn't have that solid, or excuse me, masculine sound to it that good 90's techno had or the good stuff coming out right now i.e. Sandwell District. I now don't know what I'm talking about hehe, I'm just going on, but maybe someone here is into the stuff I'm into. I get tired of hearing about The Tuss and and Drukqs(sp?), Surfing On Sine Waves is my favorite release by the man and I'd have to say for newer stuff the Analords are really great/wicked.

• 2 years later...

Luke Vibert - Lover's Acid

Ceephax Acid Crew - Exidy Tours & Ceephax Acid Crew (& some of United Acid Emirates)

Dave Monolith - Welcome

Arnaud Rebotini - Music Components & Someone Gave Me Religion

Cylob - Cylobian Sunset + Diof '97

Bochum Welt - Robotic Operating Buddy

Last Step - 1961

Don't know Mr Fingers, Odan & The Other People Place, but i'll go 2 listen them! Thanks! ;-)

i don't like Ammnesia by Mr Finger - i found it's not similar of Analord series... but i love Lifestyles of the Laptop Cafe by The Other People Place (Drexciya)! - yes, i agreed it's similar of Analord series. Thanks 4 discovery of them! ;-)

i don't like Ammnesia by Mr Finger - i found it's not similar of Analord series...

You did get the Laricheard -> Larry Heard=Mr. Fingers reference, right? And it sounds obviously Fingerish... I agree that it might not be representative of the entire series, though, but there's a couple of melon collie acid tracks which do (phonatacid?).

i don't like Ammnesia by Mr Finger - i found it's not similar of Analord series...

You did get the Laricheard -> Larry Heard=Mr. Fingers reference, right? And it sounds obviously Fingerish... I agree that it might not be representative of the entire series, though, but there's a couple of melon collie acid tracks which do (phonatacid?).

Oh yeah, don't know Laricheard means Larry Heard! I must do listen Amnesia again... Thanks! ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zsPCbbvIkQ

taken from

Kutmah-Comp-web.png

01 Mo Kolours – ‘Ridda Mountain’

02 Groundislava – ‘Creeper Shit’

03 ESMK – ‘Blunt Hopes’

04 Seven Davis Jr. – ‘Thanks’

05 Slugabed – ‘Sex’

06 Sam Irl & Ritornell – ‘Three’

07 Dibia$e – ‘Remind Me Somethin’’

08 Hudson Mohawke – ‘Applecore’

09 Tehbis – ‘Higher’

10 Lapti – ‘Leaving Home’

11 Shash’u – ‘LA’

12 The Darkhorsemen – ‘Taking Over Empires’

13 Samiyam – ‘Medallion’

14 Mono/Poly – ‘With Grace’

15 Bruce Haack – ‘Ancient Mariner (Jonwayne Remix)’

16 Tadd Mullinix – ‘Exchanging Modes’ 17 Flying Lotus – ‘Samsfav’

18 Dakim – ‘Typeofblue’

19 Doc Daneeka & Abigail Wyles -Tobyjug’

20 Gaby Hernandez – ‘Twin Flame’

21 fLako – ‘Lonely Town feat. Dirg Gerner’

more like Laricheard is a play on the town Liskeard (town in Cornwall).

Archived