Dale

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the release party is 9 - 3 Sat 6th March 2010

so the wait is finally over

for real? *excited*

wooooooooooo

maybe they will come to the US again. They are still one of my favorite electronic acts to see live.

• 1 month later...

is it ever going to come out, though?

warp keep announcing new albums by other artists - autechre, flying lotus, jamie liddle, etc. but not plaid, yet!

and the release party was supposed to be in march???????? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

plaid have recently updated their site with live gig dates, but there's no mention of this supposed album launch party in march........

maybe they've cancelled? or the album release date has been put right back towards the end of the year. either way, this sucks!

then why is there no mention of its release on warps' site? or on plaids' own site?

they only updated it the other day. the koko gig is up there in march but just looks to be like a regular gig. they haven't stated that it's their "album launch party".

surely this would be on warps' site aswell if it were really going to happen.... and there's been no mailout yet, either (or has there?).

and it's only next month(!) if it is to be released. so, wtf?

no mention of any albums being launched here : My link

and it still says this on plaids' site :

Scintilli

We continue to play some of the material destined for our next album live but we still have no release date.

Thanks for the many emails of support and frustration. We'll be posting more details here as we have them.

so, i don't think it's coming out in march............ gutted.

sorry, this is the right link, i think : My link

also, warp have the gig listed but no mention of it being an album launch party (even for DMX) or scintilli being released, whatsoever.

now you'd think if the album was going to be released on this day, or even that month, that warp would say so here! lol : My link

my money's on it being released in the summer sometime, like july/august.................................

it's looking like it is, and that plaid are just playing a live AV show, as per usual.

it'd be great if steve beckett jumped out from behind a curtain holding big sacks full of CD's and records, like a spring time santa claus, shouting "suprise!! come get the new plaid album, 'scintilli', it's hereeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!".

but i don't think that's gonna happen. :sad:

ah interesting find!! hmm you are right it really looks like it was delayed again

my infos where from this facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=196592063282&index=1

they have the flyer updated and the text now says "album preview" not album release

hmmm

n196592063282_448.jpg

P L A I D

"exclusive scintilli preview & 'classics' av set"

plus LUKE VIBERT (laptop set) + DMX KREW live LP launch + KING CANNIBAL (ninja tune) + P45 + Ash-Eq

9 - 3 Sat 6th March 2010 @ KOKO

www.ticketweb.co.uk

One of the very first signings to the venerable Warp stable, and still one of the most prolific artists on that home of oh-so-many hard-working creatives, Plaid have always pushed the boundaries both musically and visually having recognized the potential of the two mediums and the advances in technology that has afforded them to take this realisation to it's conceivable limits.

As their recent collaboration with BBC Sound-recordist Ross Adams 'Nord Rute' shows Andrew Turner and Ed Handley are true artists with an ear for detail and a social and scientific awareness uncommon in modern electronic artists, and as we congregate to celebrate the release of their latest studio album 'Scintilli' this palpable prowess will fill the cavernous KOKO in a brain-nourishing fashion that can hardly ever be found any more.

DMX Krew, aka EDMX, aka Ed Upton creates electronic music in just about every form conceivable. With five full albums released on Aphex's Rephlex label, and countless EPs and singles on his own Breakin' Records, his sound varies from electro-pop/breakdance music right through to fully experimental soundscapes, and such credentials stand him in good stead for a night of such high-class electronic tuneage!

One of the very few artists to have been released on both Warp and Ninja, Luke Vibert is a true mainstay of the electronic music field. Countless releases, timeless tunes and multiple remixes (along with multiple aliases) have secured this man's place in the collective consciousness of two generations of music lovers, and his DJ sets have a unique quality to them representative of his own personality, a feat not often achieved by merely playing other people's records. Another true legend, Luke's presence in KOKO on this fine night is practically mandatory!

Previously known as Zilla, King Cannibal's name has become synonymous with spine-shattering sub-frequencies in the last year, with his 'Let The Night Roar' LP on Ninja Tune having gained critical acclaim across the board from dubstep and electronica critics alike. Dubbed by DJ Mag as 'The modern master of satanic sub frequencies' Dylan's sets literally make the ground shake, so perhaps KOKO's gigantic mirror-ball is something to avoid standing beneath tonight?

I am really sure we saw a sneak peak of the new album artwork in the flyer:

n196592063282_6203.jpgn196592063282_448.jpg

or why would they replace the font with a one that says nothing instead of the much nicer one they used before?

Well a preview is still a good sign. That's all I ever thought the event was, anyway, since there was no official release date associated with it (meaning, a Monday in the UK and a Tuesday in the US).

But, this just confirms there's still no official release date set, which sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats simple... because Plaid are not signed to Warp anymore.

There is no indication yet that Warp have taken on the album although Andy said it should happen

yeah i heard that aswell.

i assumed that they'd (plaid) completed their contract.. not that warp don't want them anymore.

can only assume that they'll be signed up for more again at some point, if they haven't been already,

cos warp are plugging plaid gigs for 2010..... why'd they do that if plaid have gone elsewhere now?

• 4 weeks later...

did anyone manage to go to the album launch on March 6th? > How was it?

by the way has anyone found any evidence that Plaid are no longer contracted with Warp? I'm really looking forward to this being released because what I heard in Paris at Warp20 last year was some of the best music from them.

Guest sirch

by the way has anyone found any evidence that Plaid are no longer contracted with Warp? I'm really looking forward to this being released because what I heard in Paris at Warp20 last year was some of the best music from them.

if it WAS really THE actual album launch then i'm sure a LOT of people would be in here talking about it!! but they're not. lol

and i heard Andy say that they were no longer signed to Warp, in an interview.. i think he was in Australia at the time, in April 2008 (??).

try and find it.... it's probably still online somewhere. you'll see. :)

if it WAS really THE actual album launch then i'm sure a LOT of people would be in here talking about it!! but they're not. lol

and i heard Andy say that they were no longer signed to Warp, in an interview.. i think he was in Australia at the time, in April 2008 (??).

try and find it.... it's probably still online somewhere. you'll see. :)

That's strange - I would have thought that from a profit point of view, there are quite a few Plaid fans who would pay for a new album on Warp, which leaves me confused as to why Warp haven't signed any kind of extended contract with Plaid for this new album. I suppose either way it doesn't really matter which label the new album is released on.. as long it's released in the end!

I suspected that the tracks played at Warp20 in Paris last year were new and going to be on Scintilli as about 90% of the live set (from what I can recall) consisted of brilliant, unreleased music from them - definitely some of the best music they have done so far.

Guest sirch

contracts run out, are fullfilled, and are renewed, sometimes. simple as that really, isn't it, eh. :)

i'm pretty sure (just a gut feeling) that Scintilli will be released on/by Warp, eventually.

Warp are plugging Plaid gigs on their site, like i said before, and as o00o said, Plaid did the Warp20 thing,

so.... i reckons Scintilli will be a Warp-thang..

Archived